Anonymous
Years ago

NH: Sam Newman Lables SA Football Fans "Pathetic"

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25412421-5012985,00.html

"SAM Newman has thrown down the gauntlet to SA footy fans - put enough bums on seats at tomorrow's Showdown and he will be tarred and feathered in a g-string.

On last night's show, Newman branded SA football supporters "pathetic" for failing to back their teams by turning up to the games.

He said there was no way the Crows and Power fans could achieve a crowd of 40,000 at tomorrow's Showdown XXVI.

Newman said he would wear a g-string and be tarred and feathered in Rundle Mall if they proved him wrong.

SA crowds were a "disgrace" to the memory of such footballing greats as Kerley, Cornes and Cunningham, he said, claiming the Western Derby in Perth between the Eagles and the Dockers would have no trouble generating strong crowds."

I saw this on the footy show last night and thought it was weird how he called out all SA fans. The Crows have never had lack of crowds, the consistently get very good crowds. Whenever I go the stadium is just about full. The Power on the other hand only half fill AAMI and that is a concern, but why he called out ALL South Australian fans...buggered if I know.

Anyway I hope he lives up to his promise of showing up the Rundle Mall in a g-string when 40,000 plus show up.

Topic #19718 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Another Sam Newman stunt.

Reply #233559 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Surely hes just trying to get people to the game, good on him

Reply #233565 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Trying to get people to the game as well as him wanting to do that Rundle mall prank.

Reply #233567 | Report this post

Pis Of War  
Years ago

Skin, that is excactly what he was trying to do....get more people at the game...

I know plenty of Crows supporters that refuse to go to the game because it is a power home game and dont want them to get any money from it...

Personally I think we need 2 SA sides so get along people.....

Reply #233568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What fee has Port paid him for this?

Reply #233571 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Bloody well done, the amount of times Sam has played on ppls hate of him to help out football in Australia is pretty amazing really. Its a Port home game, guarentee this wouldnt have been said if it was a Crows home game. Though Im a Crows supporter I was going anyway...whos pathetic enough to miss a showdown to spite Port, get over yourself PPL and well done Sam

Reply #233578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many fans would usually go to a power home game against crows?

Reply #233579 | Report this post

Soft like butter  
Years ago

There are what some 50,000 Crows members yet they won't go to a game played in their own home stadium! They are indeed pathetic.

Reply #233584 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

The thought of Sam Newman in a g-string might mean that fewer people turn up for the game just in case the crowd gets to 40,000!

Reply #233604 | Report this post

poetic license  
Years ago

As famous as Malcolm Blights' vernacular
Who gives a a "Rats Testicullar"?

Do we really care what this attention seeking football dinosaur thinks...

Reply #233616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Footy Show's still going and this guy still exists? bugger me.

You're in a world of trouble if you care one iota about whatever comes out of that clowns mouth.

Reply #233636 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

I watched the show last night and automatically assumed that Port would easily get more than 40k to a showdown and Sam would be in trouble. But looking at past attendances this morning, it seems that Port have been getting mid to low 30'sin the last few seasons, which isn't great.

Reply #233643 | Report this post

nbl in guam  
Years ago

Why didn't he do it with that basketball bouncing record, thousands more would have turned up and it wouldn't have been such a joke.

Oh wait a minute - we broke an Australian record - what an achievement.

Reply #233648 | Report this post

Years ago

Not being stupid, but why would any Crows supporter really care that it's a Port home game, and not go based on that? You play at the same ground anyway, and the only thing that is different is the colour of the shorts your team will wear. If it's about not giving money to the Power, then that's ridiculous. If you combine the ammount of regular SA fans that go to Power and Crows games seperately, then there should theoretically be no reason for any Showdown not to sell out.

Reply #234194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754