Isaac
Years ago

36ERS play Cairns today

The game is at 5:00PM in Cairns, and you can catch the live scores here.

A win or a loss will still give the 36ERS a home knockout game. If they win, they'll play either Melbourne or Perth. If they lose, they'll play either Brisbane or Hunter.

The Taipans have lost three straight, while Adelaide have won three straight and are favourites for the win.

Topic #2013 | Report this topic

Farviewer  
Years ago

Hope they win and do not throw the game for "ease of finals" games sake. If they lose, expect a Royal Commission, and also ALL the Junior Finals due to be played on friday to be delayed!! Wonder how many players and their families, and teams, will be inconvenienced by this and any country players?

Reply #22715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the sixers lose will that mean all junior finals be delayed due to this?

Reply #22716 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Loss = 4th place.........

Match 3 (one-game elimination
Friday 25 February

4th place vs. (winner of Brisbane vs. Hunter)

Place and time TBD

from yogee's post/other thread, so I gather as in past years, yes, Friday night games will be moved to Sunday.

Reply #22718 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Also try this scoreboard Cairns Live Scoreboard

Reply #22723 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Taipans up by 5 at the end of the first quarter.

Reply #22727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only down by 3 at half time. Cairns post seems better with 'live' updeates than NBL scoreboard. Doesn't give play by play though.

Reply #22734 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

NBL scoreboard on my machine has locked up at 4:05 to go in the second quarter.
Changing over to Cairns post.

Reply #22735 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

same here

Reply #22738 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

same here :)

Reply #22739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same here

Reply #22741 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

sportal is up to date 58 - 59 adel take lead

Reply #22742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go wit the cairns site, adelaide score first 6 of 4th qrt lead 87-75

Reply #22743 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

reckon they're throwing it.

4 mins left, 3 up - Ng, Coop, Holmes, Hill, Rees on court.

Farley, Maher hardly played

Reply #22744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Throwing a game is crazy! I'm a huge Sixers fan, but don't understand why you would do such a thing. Would be funny if they lost the elim!

Reply #22745 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

def thrown.

start 5 hardly played in final quarter.

we play brisbane or hunter now, maybe a bit less risky than melb/perth

Reply #22746 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Yeah, no question they tanked the game.

Oh well, lets hope the strategy works out well and we beat Brisbane or Hunter on Friday night.

I would definitely prefer to play Brisbane than Melbourne in a one game knock out. Not saying Brisbane will be easy to beat but Melbourne or Perth would have been tougher.

All I know is that I hope we get through the 1 game knock out. A 36ers v. Kings semi-final will be awesome...well hopefully!

Reply #22747 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

We play at home dont we? is it best or 3 or 1 or ??? I think I would have rather have carried confidence and a win into the finals, but i hope they know what they are doing!!! I think that Brisbane are a danger team, maybe more so that Melbourne. Will be eagerly watched i can tell you!!!

Reply #22748 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i think it is less risky if hunter get through. Bullets have the ability to shoot us down, feel we can cover hunter better. So if we win that game its the kings right? i like that better than the hawks as well.

Reply #22749 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

That's life!

But

Wait for the howls from all the Junior Finals teams IF all Fri nite games are delayed!!!

Reply #22750 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

just read your post stephon. I agree with you completely. It would be very embarrassing if we lose the knock out final! Our games with brissy have been close and that is without rucker playing! will he play? Agree too with the 36ers - kings semi, will be a cracker!!!!

Reply #22751 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

All 3 games against the Bullets this year have been really close. I think some of the Bullets players might be a little fired up about their loss to the Sixers last round, espically since Farley went off on them in more ways than one.

Friday night won't be easy....

Reply #22752 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

agreed jasmine, they will want ours and willies blood!!!! we must smash them coz they will be hungry!! Just thinking about it, I am starting to hate some of those brissy players, mainly coz they have the ability to hurt us!!! come on 36ers!!!!!!!!

Reply #22753 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You have to say that the finals system is terrible if coaches are not striving to win games and finish as high as possible on the ladder.

Hopefully the choices made today pay off over the coming weeks.

Reply #22754 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

The advantage we will have is our main guys will be rested, especially as they didn't play major minutes tonight.

Brisbane or Hunter will be coming off a tough Wednesday night game with only 1 day in between.

Brisbane or Hunter won't be easy but neither would have Melbourne or Perth.

I think it is fair to say that there are about 5 or 6 teams that could win it all. No easy games from now on.

With the way Kavossy and Wethers have been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they upset Brisbane in Brisbane.

Reply #22755 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

def not going to be easy, but i'd take bris over melb.

agree that are danger team, but then again aren't most teams that have made it this far.

bris too erratic, pressure might get em especially with an adel crowd.

take into effect the distance travelled too, bris have longer to come than melb... that's if they both win!

could be some upsets

Reply #22757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think people may be underestimating how good Hunter are and just how inconsistant the Bullets under 'wonder' coach Wright!

Don't be surprised if we have a match up of the leagues best two scores in the nation at the Dome!

Who ever Adelaide play at home will get pumped any way, Sixers are NASTY at home! No mercy will be shown

Reply #22758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"You have to say that the finals system is terrible if coaches are not striving to win games and finish as high as possible on the ladder."

KB -- I agree completely. There's something a little sour there and I doubt that it would've been a positive win for Cairns fans to watch.

"Farley's needed 35 points to claim the NBL scoring title but his bid suffered a blow when he left for the locker rooms for treatment on a head injury..." NBL site.

Cairns Taipans 101 (Burgess 33, Stewart 18, Boodnikoff 14)
Adelaide 36ers 99 (Rychart 19, Forman 15, Farley 13)

Reply #22760 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Maybe Willie had a bubblegum bubble explode and needed pieces removed from his head....

Reply #22770 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754