fan
Years ago

36ers SOS consortium members introduced

Great to see the members of the sos introduced in todays Sunday Mail.

Topic #20180 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

So Mal still has a stake in the team is someway though. They way i see it the team kinda have to pay a royalty or something to Mal. Is that how you see it?

Oh yes it was good to get the intro on everyone and how it played out.

Reply #239748 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Rest assured Mal has nothing to do with the new owners. Alot of what was written is just legal speak, Mal changed the name of his company and then the sos started a new company in the name of 36ers and bought only the things they wanted (the name, the right to the licence, the office records ect) Mal still has the responsibility of contracts he signed for things like the security company and catering. Mal will have no input in the running of the 36ers and when we go back to being the best club in Australia he will not recieve any type of royalty from the new 36ers.

Reply #239755 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's good to see them all there. I hope the SOS build strong relationships with all the local clubs and not focus on just one or two.

Reply #239779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's interesting that SOS only bought what they wanted (the name, the right to the licence, the office records ect). Especially considering all the office records were destroyed and not handed over to the new consortium. Really low act to destroy all the intellectual property.

And Mal's outstanding responsibility besides the security and catering contracts also include that of the players. BUT he has issued notice that he is not paying the final 2 weeks of all players contracts (even though every other club has honoured theirs through to 30 June). On top of all that, he hasn't payed health insurance premiums for players and their family.

TOP GUY!!

Reply #239782 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hold the Boat!

Anon 782,
are you saying that all the records of season tickets and who sits where are gone?

Were the shredders working overtime? It's like when the Americans were leaving Saigon in 1974

If that's the case, Fitzy, I wasn't in row 21 seat D41 of the north stand, I recall was sitting in row 1 just behind the Sixers bench in the south stand....

Reply #239790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Toft - yes that's what I've been led to believe by reputable sources. Sad news if you ask me.

However, I'm sure with past staff and hopefully the Dome workers they'll be able to get back all the season ticket information. Nice try though!

I'm more worried about all the past information on sponsors contracts, etc.

Reply #239791 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

From what I've heard Anon 782 all of the seating information is held by venuetix sorry seat jumping will not be that easy

Reply #239793 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jack, if you want to pay for Row 1, I'm sure it'd be an option!

Reply #239797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 782 you are an idiot.

The SOS have been given all of the information they have asked for regarding season ticket holder for last season.

For legal reasons they can not be given too much, especially with privacy laws the way they are.

I was told this by a member of the SOS. As I have posted previously they received this information 4 days before Ben Fitz posted on this site that they didn't have the information.

Not surprisingly Ben didn't post a retraction.

The SOS chose not to buy the business as they didn't want to take on the risk of paying for previously agreed to services.

The downside of this is they legally don't have the right to any previous information.

From what I've been told they have received this anyway from the previous owner.

Reply #239802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm guessing that the point of contention was handwritten/physical membership information (which would have all personal information, just in a very painful-to-make-use-of format - e.g., 2,000+ sheets of paper) versus an actual membership database which you'd hope that a club might have after 25-odd years of existence. I think there might be further issues given that some/much of the data is held by a third party (Venuetix).

Reply #239806 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I am sure that all the information on who sits where was handed over

Reply #239823 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Anon , i just left a reply for you on your last post about this. i am happy to answer any questions that you have, your information that you have posted here is a little off.

I look forward to you contacting me as i always love hearing from passionate sixer fans.

Regards

Ben

[email protected]

Reply #239829 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes how good was that Sunday Mail article hope it is a boost to SOS group as a positive to work on to sponsors fans etc. How diverse is that group the only link seems to be Basketball and the Sixers.
Ben Fitz keep in touch with the fans but dont get distracted by anybody like anon poster trying to show
Mal in a good light as it is not going to be believed by supporters as he is the one that closed down our club and you guys are the ones that got it out of the grave.
Also pleasing to hear that Sixers are close to signing majority of team. Look fwd to some announcements this week .
Two should not be hard with dads on SOS ownership and I would have signed them regardless. And a Ballinger signing will be great start then Burston
THANKS SOS

Reply #239836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bretts the man - can I just ask which poster tried to paint Mal in a good light? Wondering if I've missed anything.

Ben fitz - are you asking for Anon 782 or Anon 802 to respond? Would be interesting to know which of those two posts is a bit off?

Cheers.

Reply #239906 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

DUH wouldnt that be 802.

Reply #239923 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It'd be 802.

Reply #239941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754