ritz
Years ago

Big Nate Jawai a Maverick!

just heard Jawai is part of the deal that sends Marion to the Mavs. I wonder how he will go with them?

Topic #20425 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Yes - Nate is now a Mav.

Here is the link: http://linky.com.au/4x0gd

Reply #242917 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Does a team like the Mavs suit Nate.

They appear to have plenty of bigs!!!

hope he gets a fair go

Good luck to him!!

Reply #242918 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

^^^^^^^^ Ban this loser Isaac.

Reply #242921 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Very constructive argument dept

Reply #242924 | Report this post

Cat15  
Years ago

Sadly I think nate is headed for the D league or Europe. He won't be playing NBA this year

Reply #242925 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dallas isn't loaded at the 5. There is a spot for Nate.

Currently under contract all they have is Dampier, which they are thinking of moving.

Ryan Hollins is a FA and probably won't be signed. Jawai's contract is guaranteed (doesn't mean he can't be bought out) so I'm guessing that they'll use Jawai and let Hollins walk.

Gortat hasn't signed a contract yet. If Gortat signs then it gives the a 5 rotation of Gortat/Dampier/Jawai.

As it stands right now the Mavs roster is:

Dirk, Dampier, Marion, Howard, Kidd, Barea, Humpries, Jawai, Ross, Beabouis, Terry, Carroll and Williams. Which is the league minimum of 13. Add Gortat and Bucknor and you have the league maximum of 15.

I think they let Bass walk...

Reply #242926 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Interesting move for Jawai's future.
The Mavs have Dirk, Damp, Hump and probably Gortat as their bigs.
They also may bring Hollins and/or Bass back so Jawai will be competing with Hollins and Hump for any spare backup minutes at C and PF.
If he is fit for camp and ready to play I like his chances of beating out those 2.
The Mavs really need some inside scoring and he could get 5mpg at the start of the season to prove he can compete.

The other thing to consider is if the Magic keep Gortat and the Mavs lose Bass as well then a lot more minutes will open up.
There is also a chance they will use Damp in a trade for a starting SG, if they don't think Josh Howard can play SG fulltime.

Reply #242927 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bucknor's contract isn't guaranteed. He's an easy waive.. They don't need Bucknor at all, whilst in the West they need bigger bodies.

Reply #242928 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

i read a report that has stackhouse and jawai ending up at grizzlies?

Reply #242929 | Report this post

forro  
Years ago

yer stackhouse and jawai are going to memphis, wright and george to rapters.

Reply #242955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate's only hope is that Brandon Bass doesn't return as they are going to fill the same role's. Bass is the more complete player as he can consistently hit the mid-range jumper and is almost as equally as explosive in the post as Jawai. Word is Bass will be allowed to walk. There isn't room for Hollins, Dampier, Nowitzki, Jawai and Gortat on the one roster as the Mavericks anticipate running a small ball unit of Kidd, Terry, Howard, Marion and Nowitzki in big game siuations

Reply #242958 | Report this post

Jawai  
Years ago

This is huge. And bad. Toronto atleast had plans to use him until this trade. No minutes in Dallas, too many star players who will eat up whatever minutes he might have had a chance at

Reply #242980 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

U know what I find funny?

Nathan Jawai is the only player in the entire NBA with a NEGATIVE overall effiency rating. I know he's only played a few games... but still that's funny.

Reply #242981 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

There is nothing that isn't funny about how much attention we all give this nobody. I don't why anyone cares...

Reply #243024 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Hmmm.... let me see. Australian basketball player in NBA gets traded being discussed on a basketball forum. Yes..... very strange.

Reply #243026 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Well he has got one more year on his deal so one chance to make it happen really, unlikely he would get another deal with someone else.

Reply #245661 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754