Bizzy
Years ago

Mills surgery successful, now 4-6 month recovery

I decided to create a new thread for this as a lot of people seem to take an interest and may not notice using the old thread.

Mills undergoes successful surgery: Rookie point guard Patrick Mills, who fractured the fifth metatarsal in his right foot during the Blazers' second summer league practice, underwent successful surgery Monday.

Pritchard said doctors inserted a screw to repair the foot and Mills is expected to miss four to six months. That eliminates any chance at a training camp invitation for Mills, but Pritchard refused to address his future with the team. The Blazers selected Mills with their last pick of last month's draft, No.55 overall.

"Feel really bad for the kid," Pritchard said. "He's a great kid and a high-energy guy who came in looking to really make an impression on us. It was just an unfortunate accident."

That's all the relevant info from the article about Mills - for those that are interested their is also info on Sean May and Millsap in the article - Full Article

Where do people think that will leave Mills - 4-6 months is a long time, but it appears the Pritchard is somewhat keen on Mills and could have him in the back of his mind for the 10/11 season?

Topic #20485 | Report this topic

MACDUB1  
Years ago

I think the whole injury is God's way of saying that he never should have gone that late in the draft anyway. Would never had happened had he gone a few places higher..

Reply #243486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's finished!

Reply #243487 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I guess it depends on his attitude and how he rebounds from the set back. He's been through this loop before with the hand. Would be devastating, but all you can do is rehab and refocus.

Reply #243491 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

Really Spewing for Patty, Guys only 20 years old, so he'll be back.

Reply #243498 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Rehab then NBL, love to see him here, poor guy has the ability to get a good career here or in europe so he will be fine but NBA is gone id say unless he torches people next world championships or olympics.

Reply #243505 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I think Webster had a similar injury and he is only just getting back and its been most of the year for him i think. From forums i have seen the fans said to stay away from the blazers medical guys after the webster thing so hopefully his rehab goes better.

I think he should try and stay in the D-League and prove his point and push for a contract that way. You would have to think the blazers wont sign him now and this way you will at least be under their nose the whole time.

Reply #243555 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Webster??? I am surprised that guy made the NBA!!

Wasn't he like 2 feet tall and a really bad actor??

Reply #243570 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

There is no chance we will see Mills in the NBL within the next 10-15 years. He will either be in the NBA or plying his trade on one of Europe's best teams.

Reply #243590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754