Anonymous
Years ago

BRISBANE SUFFERING

Brisbnae may have already had there Title Run wear thin as Sydney are pumping them by 20+ in the third quarter.

As bad as they are playing tonight, you have to feel a severe kick in the guts compared to what they produced in Adelaide!

Kings gave up 36 points in the first half for gods sake!

Topic #2111 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone noticed Farley is playing for Brisbane. Check who entered the court with 05:39 to go in the last quarter on NBL live stats.

Reply #23949 | Report this post

interesting  
Years ago

margin now over 30 points. crazy week for brisbane! big time win against 36ers, big time loss here. hows thier confidence going into game 2? gonna be tough for them.

Reply #23952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did anyone watching fox hear John Casey say that the biggest basketball story this year is going to be broken tomorrow in the australian and it involved the Kings

and that it was big big news!

anyone got any info or ideas?

Reply #23956 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

113-79 Brisbane win

Reply #23957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brisbane lost...

BTW, anonymous, apparently it's bad news. Salary cap? Major player leaving? Drug scandal? Venue change? What's your guess?

Reply #23959 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Can't be salary cap.... Sydney are under the cap whoever they sign, unless it's gonna be for breaches for the last 5 years.

New ownership?????

Reply #23962 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If Brisbane lose game 2, it will be absolutely criminal that they eliminated a team that had potential to go all the way. It really makes a farce of the finals format when Brisbane can be so inconsistent that they can't win the championship but can play the odd good game to stuff up some other team's chances. Sour grapes? Perhaps. But it really applies to anyone who may have been in Adelaide's situation. BTW on Talking Hoops radio program tonight, Brett Maher also stated that the finals format was not ideal and also backed up by Andrew Gaze. Who in the hell would vote for such a system when players and coaches of high esteem disagree with it. The media has also had a dig at the format for the last 4 days. Its been a hot topic and yet the NBL states that all the team's voted on the format before the season began. I might need to ask the question of who's signatures appear on the vote.

Reply #23966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't know Isaac but i gathered it was going to be very bad news can't be venue change that's happened before..

sack bg...don't think so
salary cap...why now
murder charges..bg would have been arrested years ago for murdering the game..besides if someone was up on criminal charges they would be in gaol etc and not playing.

they are going to go overseas instead of playing the grand final if they make it....again don't think so

shane heal is coming back to save them again .......... oh god no!!

Reply #23967 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

New change??? Didn't a few NBL teams a few years ago have to change their name due to issues with NBA teams??? e.g Townsville Suns

Reply #23968 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I swear to god I was the village idiot in my past life.... should be name change, not new change.

Reply #23969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kings have been kings for too long for it to be an issue and beside before the kings i believe they were the comets.

change of ownership, change of uniforms, change of venue, change of name wouldn't or shouldn't be announced now before end of season with teams in finals.

sex allegations perhaps? like rugby and afl footy...

couldn't be more injury woes that wouldn't be the scoop that was alluded too

Reply #23971 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

$$$

Reply #23973 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

LMAO!!

On Sports tonight, Kerle said
"they came out and played very good, we were like scared little bitches" !!

HIS words. Truth hurts!

Reply #23974 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

Yes u have to love kerle's comments...gotta hate the bloke tho. Did u see the challenge on one of the kings shots - think it was jason smith... bad bloke!! dirty!!

Reply #23980 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sydney news is that Thalo Green is suing for unfair dismissal, and has the unanimous support of the 110 players in the national league via the NBL Players Association. He's also backed by the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance.

Green was sacked just eight games into a two year deal. The Kings said that he wasn't fit for NBL play, but a representative of the MEAA says that he was legimately sick (picked up a virus on a club tour in Asia).

"Our argument is he was genuinely sick and there are provisions under the federal industrial law that protects a worker from being sacked by an employer when the employee was genuinely on sick leave." MEAA assistant federal secretary Mark Ryan.

Reply #23985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fair enough

Reply #23989 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

All 110 players would no doubt include all current Kings players?

Reply #24019 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

All means all I reckon.

Reply #24021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would guess that it's been a majority and they have gone with the phrase ALL. After all the Players Association is there to represent the Players and if a majority of Players back something than the Association will back it.

Reply #24076 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754