Brainz
Years ago

Rogers to retire

Sports Tonight suggested that Paul Rogers will announce his retirement on Monday, just as well they signed big red

Topic #21249 | Report this topic

Confused  
Years ago

Sadly for Rodgers this info is 100% accurate. Not an ideal way for a player who at his peak destroyed this league to go out.

Reply #252469 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Cats must move fast on this and go after a new import as they only have one and with rogers gone can fit one in the points system.

Reply #252476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least 2 seasons 2 late.

Reply #252478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marko Deric will replace Rogers

Reply #252485 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Sad way to end it for Rogers...

Reply #252486 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I disagree with other 'paul' above on this one. I think the Cats should make sure they get the right guy, whether that means signing him this week or in 3 weeks. And with NBA rosters decided in about 2-3 weeks, that could be the window.

And anon - 2 season ago Rogers went for about 15 and 10 and was a force in the league.

Reply #252490 | Report this post

paul roberts  
Years ago

Donta Smith would be a great replacement.Dose anyone know of any possible import replacments

Reply #252575 | Report this post

paul roberts  
Years ago

Infact if you ask me we need 2 new imports Lisch a big mistake apart from that last second shot against the Crocs has not done much righ. He misses to many shots that he needs to make .

Reply #252586 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good chance Theron Smith will be the replacement for Rogers. Beveridge was very keen on him before Schenscher signed, and I think he is still in the US.

Lisch seems like a great kid and a very hard worker, but if he keeps shooting the way he is, it's hard to see Bevo not bringing in Liam Rush who is living in Perth apparently.

I think Lisch will get a bit more time to prove himself, but I am sure the clock is ticking.

Reply #252599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats are looking at a 7 footer who is currently paying in the nba preseason ...

Reply #252633 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Bevo sure is keen on twin towers. I wonder why? A mobile 4-5 man would seem a better fit.

Apparently Rush has an offer to go back to Sweden, so if the Cats want him they would have to act soon. Possible they have already sussed him out and he has said no.

Reply #252634 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lisch and Rogers for a 7ft import and Rush???

Schenscher
Cattalini
Redhage
Rush
Martin

+7footer

Damn that's tall!

Should get a top-level PG IMO.

Reply #252637 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Really? I was pretty impressed with both Martin and Robbins against the Gold Coast and Townsville. I think Martin in particular has really worked hard on his game and is a player worth keeping for many years as he continues to develop.

Reply #252654 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754