Classic NBA Game on One HD now

1989 NBA finals - Bulls vs Cavs

Game 5

"The Shot"

Topic #21286 | Report this topic

Wayne  
Years ago

I love you One HD!

Awesome blovk on Jordan in the first quarter hardly gets a mention!

And wow can Mark Price shoot it, maybe not a coach but such a smooth stroke.

Reply #252870 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Rat10, scurries out from behind the fridge to post for the first time in ages only to taunt those overseas who don't have access to One HD!

Reply #252872 | Report this post

smoovy  
Years ago

I have a semi

Reply #252874 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

Mark Price HAHAHA

Reply #252875 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks for the reminder...

Reply #252876 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Classic moment in the 3rd - Daugherty too busy manhandling the guy he is posting up to see Price make the pass - and gets smacked in the head by the ball!

Its cool seeing Jordan and Pippen still young and making some mistakes. One eg was Jordan winding up to slam the ball, but makes the mistake of bringing the ball down low behind him so Ron Harper snaffles it!

That Cleveland team was REALLY good. Price, Harper, Nance all top-notch. Daugherty solid - perhaps a little TOO solid with all that puppy fat. Even poor Craig Ehlo played pretty good D most of the game.

Great game to watch, with both teams playing with purpose on offence to create good shots and most players able to make mid-range shots when they're open. BIG contrast with that ugly Knicks/ Spurs game the other week.

Reply #252877 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Hahahaha, sorry Billo. That's pretty accurate accurately - I was just stuffing my face.

Got a text from a basketball nut at work just before it was about to start.

Wow, that was such an awesome game. You got the feeling that Jordan was just in second gear until the fourth quarter where he could do whatever he wanted. So many big shots in that fourth quarter from both teams. Poor poor Craig Ehlo - he had 15 fourth quarter points and played some great D but will forever be remember for what happened in the last 3 seconds in that game...

How skinny are all the players back in '89 as well!

Pontel is your friend buddy for any classic games. I've got the '92 Bulls vs Knicks playoff series - one of the best series of all time!

Reply #252878 | Report this post

If  
Years ago

what games on next wednesday?

Reply #252879 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I had forget just how ugly Bill Cartwrights shooting form was.....

Reply #252885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next Wednesday's game is as follows:

1997 Western Conference Final - Jazz V Rockets G6

Watch John Stockton in action as the Jazz face the Rockets and see the kind of play that earned him a place in the NBA Hall of Fame in September 2009.

Reply #252889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cartwright sure had an ugly stroke, but it would be very difficult to block him with such a high release. I actually remember him being much more of a crab than he displayed in this game. The Bulls got the ball inside to him quite a lot and he played well. Maybe the early Ninties games are more prominent in my memory, when he was older and Pippen Jordan and Grant were in their prime.

Reply #252892 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That was simply awesome last night. Jordan really did it all didn't he. Averaged over 3 steals the year before, I think he lead his team in offence boards, had about 7 assists a block or two, was awesome!
I couldn't remember Ehlo being as good as he was either and boy did players play with heart back then! It was all about winning and they did everything they could to get it. How many fouls in that game these days would have warranted a Flagrant foul or even ejection, but blokes just played through it and didn't even react. Tough days...

Reply #252895 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Was great viewing wasn't it! One HD should get a medal!

Reply #252897 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bugger, watched the NBL instead... Does not look like they replay them either. I don't suppose anyone put this to disc did they?

Reply #252900 | Report this post

smoovy  
Years ago

DB5 I can help you out. As long as my recording went alright.

Reply #252903 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

smoovy you legend, let me know when you check it.

Reply #252906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DB5, The NBL game finished half an hour before this game on One started.

Reply #252941 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

I have a copy recorded straight to DVD that worked fine, perfect quality if interested.

I also have a website with my games collection, I have hundreds of NBA games ranging from the 70's to today. I also have a few old school Sixers games, including the 86 finals.

If anyone is interested in anything, let me know. I mainly am interested in trading for other games I want, if you dont have any games we can work something out.

http://linky.com.au/77ytg

Reply #252983 | Report this post

smoovy  
Years ago

DB5 I am good to go. Ads edited out also.

Email me at [email protected]

Poor Craig Ehlo, a career game, but will forever been known a the spud that Jordan owned.

Reply #252997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754