Wayne
Years ago

Why aren't Andersen and Jawai getting minutes?

I just don't get it?

Anderson 8 mins for Houston? No foul trouble?

Playing a 6 foot 6 Centre in front of him? Why would you fork out 5 mill on that??

Maybe he was injured?

Big Nate inactive? Is thisconfirmation that he wil play D league or be moved on or out?

Surely someone has some inside knowledge?

Topic #21443 | Report this topic

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Who is Anderson?

Reply #254994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They brought Scola on in his place in the 3rd quarter and Scola just got super hot.

You dont tamper with something thats working.

Also Hayes is a really good defender just a little short for C, which isnt exactly Andersen's strong point

Reply #255019 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anon is basically right. I'd also add that the Warriors were playing small and fast and Houston wanted to match up with that, so Andersen didn't get as much time as he would against a different opponent. Good to see he was perfect from the field in the time they did give him though!

Jawai will go to the D League. He's a project, who the Wolves basically picked up for free. They'll keep an eye on him and see if he can impress in the D League before perhaps giving him a shot next pre-season.

Reply #255043 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Andersen was great in limited minutes. Biedrins was ineffective for the Warriors and hence they went small as has been said. He will get plenty more chances.

As for Jawai, he needs to lose weight and get court time. D-League makes sense and if he doesn't perform he will be looking for another job this time next year IMO as a free agent.

Reply #255071 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Cool thanks for that, sorry about the poor spelling.

I just needed to know, nice having a few aussies to follow.

DOes anyone esle think Jawai is carrying a bit of excess weight? Or is he just big boned generally?

Reply #255072 | Report this post

sharpeshooter  
Years ago

Maybe Andersen needs to get used to playing games on back to back nights ... Does the Euro league play games on back to back nights .... with travel as well??

and yeah i think that Jawai looks a little bit heavy ... mind you over here he was able to get away on his athletic ability alone.

Reply #255086 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Wolves coach Kurt Rambis admitted Nathan Jawai may see action next game against Cleveland and Shaquille O'Neal. He will be given opportunity as Kevin Love is out indefitnitely.

Andersen will continue to see playing time however both Scola and Hayes are great, strong inside defenders and Carl Landry is an athletic presence inside. They also like to use Battier as a 4 man on occasion. Andersen will see his minutes fluctuate a lot

Reply #255101 | Report this post

mball  
Years ago

From Cairns Post article today:

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2009/10/30/72781_local-sport-news.html

"Jawai did not suit up in the Wolves' season opener yesterday - a thrilling 95-93 win against New Jersey – with coach Kurt Rambis deciding to put the Bamaga product on the inactive list given he only linked with the club a week ago.

But he said Jawai was likely to hit the floor against the Cavs to help the Wolves defend a "pretty large guy over there," a reference to O’Neal."

Could be a good sight to see!

Reply #255119 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Haha, cool, guarding Shaq will be an experience for Jawai. Hopefully he can do a solid job, but I'd be expecting him to be called for a lot of fouls pretty quickly.

Reply #255132 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

interesting on my set top box guide for today, it says "Australias Chris Anderson plays alongside Carmelo....." ummmm thats chris, not david!!! hahahahaha

Reply #255134 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754