LC
Years ago

Tigers looking to sign an import

It seems talk that the Tigers are looking to add an import to their roster are heating up! there are severral candidates being bandied about, including Sean Lampley, Donta Smith, Ebi Ere, and, you guessed it, Julius Hodge.

Herald-Sun: http://linky.com.au/y5mtg

"While Smith would be a dynamic inclusion for the Tigers, just as he was for the Dragons when he replaced Cortez Groves mid-season, forward Lampley is the man most enthusiastic and likely."

They should go after Donta Smith - he is the man the Tigers desperately need IMO. Thoughts?

Topic #21445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donta Smith would be a great inclusion, although Lampley would also be handy.

Reply #255115 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

It seems that Lampley really wants to be here & they've got some flexible players that can adjust to having another post-presence...then I'd think that he'd be a great addition to the team

Reply #255121 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Please let it be Julius. Will get a lot of people talking, and I bet the dome will sell out when they come.

Reply #255129 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best news all days so far......

Reply #255130 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

I have spoken with someone who very much knows the situations of each team and he tells me that the Tigers will be cheating the cap if they bring in a big name (big salary) import. He says the only import they could sign is a CJ Massingale, Joe Werner type SEABL import...

Reply #255131 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

thought they have an import guy, he played against the 36ers last week.

Reply #255135 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Massingale is not NBL import material...

Reply #255136 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Johnson, I think youll find with Knight and Anstey not playing the Tigers are WAY under the cap.

Even with Anstey coming back, they should have enough to get a good import for the remainder of the season. Remember, most of Barlow's money has not been used, it’s more a matter of whether the Tigers can afford to spend it. Home playoff games can be worth as much as $100K plus, so an import may pay for himself if he makes the difference.

Reply #255142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius Hodge or Ebi Ere are welcome back and will sell out The Dome.

Reply #255148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Anstey and Knight out and key players who were paid a lot last year out of that team, the Tigers have enough money under the cap to bring someone in.

Look at the teams that are around and at what some imports would be getting paid in other teams and you'll find that the tigers aren't even close.

Reply #255159 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

The Tigers desperately need a point guard

Reply #255160 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

anon, if you mean Bennie Lewis (skinny black SG/SF) then he's a local.

So if they get an import can they keep him once Anstey returns? If so, a C is obviously unnecessary. I still don't think Lampley is a good fit alongside Wortho/Mack/Greer.

Actually I'd be going for a PG. There is nothing wrong with Crosswell but looking around the league, he and D.Martin are probably the two worst starting PGs in the league, just because of how strong thst position is this year. A combo guard who can start at the point and also back up Kendall would be perfect. Someone like (chew)Ubaka.

Reply #255162 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"anon, if you mean Bennie Lewis (skinny black SG/SF) then he's a local."

Sorry, not anon, I mean 'aaa'.

Reply #255163 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Julius Hodge would make the biggest impact.

Reply #255227 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754