Isaac
Years ago

Nov 5, Breakers vs Blaze

Breakers host the Blaze tonight and Centrebet has NZ as favourites with a line of about -9 or so.

The NBL preview notes that if Penney plays, the game will see four of the league's top seven scorers battle it out.

Your tips?

Topic #21505 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

If Penney plays, Breakers definitely win. Could be close otherwise, although I still favour the Breakers.

Reply #255762 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You never know what you are going to get with the Blaze so I'm not sure about that line. I predict blaze will lose by 6 or by 20.

Reply #255765 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Not sure about this one.
If Blaze get 40 points between Harvey and Ubaka then they have a chance. Because Maxey is going to get 20 and with help they should then be in the 80-90 point range.
Breakers still to sort their game out.
Inside game has been very inconsistent, and long rage shooting has dried up.
Expect anything??
Could be close, could be 20 points.

Reply #255790 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Breakers in a relatively close one. They are the new cardiac Kings.

Reply #255801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers by a million.

Reply #255809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blaze 8/8 threes so far

Reply #255827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Make that 9/9

Reply #255828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10/10 threes.... Fuck

Reply #255831 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Damn, beating NZ at their own game!

Reply #255832 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Insane, huh? If the Breakers can make it back from there, it will be impressive.

Not unhappy now that I bet on the Blaze (paying $4).

Reply #255833 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Never seen 10/10 three pointers at half time before:

Gibson 4/4
Ubaka 2/2
Petrie 1/1
Harvey 2/2
Goulding 1/1

That is one hell of an effort!

(b.t.w score is 62-45 to the Blaze)

Reply #255835 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

and 2 of Gibbos 3's were rank and went in off the glass!

Reply #255837 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Gee Storey really is a class act.....NOT

nice work Harvs dont put up with dirty tactics from that knob and drill a 3 right in his face!

Reply #255838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statman, that comment reminds me of that Bill Walton statement when he was calling an all-star game (97 I think) and Mutombo blocked someone and was waving his finger around and they asked Walton what he would do if Mutombo did that to him and he said "I'd grab the ball and dunk it right back in his face!".

Reply #255840 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ha - nice call too!

Storey and Harvey were both on the ground and Storey's forearm just happened to finish up across Harveys throat and stay there till he got dragged of. I think he did something similar last week at mid court when going for a loose ball too. He just seems like one of those players who look to do all the little dirty things when they get a chance.

Oh well - the very next play Harvey drilled a 3 pointer on him - and Storey ended up a non factor and fouling out.

Reply #255843 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Blaze brought the energy and outhustled us first half. Dangerous team.
They all brought a hot hand and seemed to single out Oscar to shoot in the face of first half.
Gibson too clever down stretch.
We shot well to almost climb back into it but gap too big.
Pero and Mika desperately wanted a win over old club and between them played about 8 minutes.
Petrie nice and mobile and automatic from downtown.
Can Goulding hit those pullup off balance shots regularly? If he can then he does have some game.

Thats the best game Harvey has ever played against us even though he was plagued by fouls.

Didn't look to be a lot in Storey/Harvey, it was more the reactions after incident that didn't look too good.

Are they playing the new backcourt rule? Two feet and ball have to be in backcourt.
Ubaka sensational first half. Got too cute in second.
Nice minutes from Webster in lost cause. He's instant offence.
Blaze got overly cautious I thought in last quarter.

Reply #255844 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Statman, yeah, Storey's incident the week before was with Nathan Herbert. Hard to see if there was much in it from the replay in that case, but might've been one of those "accidentally" clumsy things (e.g., Reesy surfing Davidson).

Reply #255847 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Insane first half. Thoroughly enjoyed that game.

Yeah Storey did act a bit Hinder-ish with that elbow, just a bit frustrated after the charge went against him. Brilliant shot by Harvey just after.

Actually a bit worried about Saturday...

Reply #255855 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good news for the Sixers is most teams cant back that kind of shoooting up two nights later. Will be a quiet Dome if they do though!

Reply #255868 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Fri 15 Mar 2024 | Posts: 967,764 | Last 7 days: 765