DB5
Years ago

Jawai playing today

Big Nate has hit the floor for the TWolves today. 5 points 2 rebounds in 5 and a half minutes of play. Only in the 2nd quarter at the moment.

Topic #21549 | Report this topic

cavolo  
Years ago

Looks like he is doing alright so far - 9pts, 5rbs, 4-8 FG and 1-1 FT.

Not good tough -24 +/-

Reply #256485 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

13 pts 5 boards in 19 mins so far.

Reply #256490 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Big Fella loves the junk time as much as his junk food . Good effort .

Reply #256494 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Jawai has just top scored for his team for the first time - congrats big fella, even though some if came in junk time. Hopefully Rambis continues to give him more time, which seems to be increasing with each game.

Reply #256496 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Top scorer for Wolves. 16pts, 6 reb.

Reply #256497 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

What would have been the odd's this morning on Jawai being the top scorer for the T-Wolves in todays game!

I sure as hell wouldn't have put money on it. Even it was a blow out. Good on him for puting up some numbers and looking like he belongs for probably the first time!

Reply #256498 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol rotate.

22:30 PT
7/11 FG
2/3 FT
16 points 6 rebounds 1 block.

4 fouls and 1 turnover as well. -21 (+/-)

Well done Nate.

Reply #256500 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great stats, garbage time or not. Thought he'd find it tough to get minutes this year, but this is a quality outing.

Reply #256513 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He actually had the 5th highest playing time of the Wolves today. Maybe Rambis has seen something he really likes?

Reply #256520 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Anyone know where we can find video highlights of this game.

So good to see he can make an impact.

Imagine if he was fit and had played bball for 10 years!

WOWOWOWOWO

Reply #256526 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Anyone know if Patty Mills would've been watching this game? This may have been a major motivator for him.

Reply #256533 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Wayne,

just watched the highlights on NBA.com and the only time we see Nate is on the last play where he challenges an Andre Miller jumpshot. Was slightly disappointed to say the least.

Reply #256543 | Report this post

Frogger  
Years ago

The recap on nba.com says that Jawai was Minnesota's best player and impressed the coaching staff

http://linky.com.au/txzhl

Without Kevin Love, lost for at least another month with a broken bone in his left hand, Minnesota's ability to compete is diminished. Ryan Gomes (15 points, six rebounds) and Al Jefferson (12 points, 10 boards) had their moments, but the best player for the Wolves was backup center Nathan Jawai, who went 7-for-11 for 16 points and six rebounds in 23 minutes.

"Nathan has impressed the coaching staff from day one," Rambis said. "He's very light on his feet, he can move well, he understands the game. He was doing a lot of his stuff tonight against very good centers in this league."

Good on him, hope he keeps it up and gets more opportunity - although that might mean a dip in Jefferson's production, and he's on my fantasy team! doh!

Reply #256549 | Report this post

tt  
Years ago

hey i got an offtopic question and I thought i'd post it here since this thread will get a lot of views and I hope someone has the decency to respond.

I've noticed recently that people mention eastbay.com is a good site to buy shoes. I was wondering because its a US site whats the deal with the payment? Do you only pay the aussie dollars or do they alter the payment to make it to the US dollar? sorry guys im a tad confused. please help.

Reply #256550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone please post some video!!

Reply #256556 | Report this post

Brodie  
Years ago

Here's a link to an article I wrote about Jawai's game today. I'm really happy for the big guy. I knew he'd produce if given the minutes. As stated earlier, garbage minutes or not, he still top scored against quality NBA players. Also if you read it, I'd love some feedback from Aussies on the article. Anyway, here's my article-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/286856-nathan-jawai-shows-promise-in-first-real-nba-chance

Reply #256565 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

tt - they adjust to the US dollar but with the exchange rate the way it is, you have almost parity. Do it, my man.

Reply #256566 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bloody awesome!

Great news and great to see the big fella grasp the opportunity with both hands.

Obviously Nate is getting some love for the first time in his NBA career and he must be liking it!

Hope he gets more chances...and based on his outing this time around, it is likely to happen too!

Reply #256568 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

PS: NBA Game Video: http://linky.com.au/1vnre

No highlghts of Jawai in this though...bt great to see his name up in lights at the end as the leading scorer for 'Sota.

And from the ESPN recap: "Minnesota had five players score in double figures. Nathan Jawai led the way with 16 points."

That's the only menton the big fella got anywhere...but then I guess the T-Wolves did get pounded.

Jawai has however got his face on the home page of the Minnesota website as a result for his efforts. Link: http://linky.com.au/k6m4g

Reply #256569 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Wasn't knocking how he got em , love to see the big fella do well .
Am sure he will became a fan favourite if he keeps this up .

Reply #256581 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Just watched the game - he really looked quite comfortable on the court on both ends (didn't look like an All Star but didn't look like a lamb to the slaughter either)... He also showed some nifty post moves and finesse moves around the basket... I was impressed with the game he played regardless of context.

Reply #256598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Nate made it into the NBA Top 10 highlights twice...

Unfortunately getting blocked by Outlaw, and stripped by Fernandez!

Rapt for the guy though, hope he continues to get minutes.

Reply #256675 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

2 points 2 rebounds 1 assist in 5:34 so far today against the Warriors.

Reply #256735 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes, plus two fouls hence why he got subbed off when he did. Another opportunity received...he is likely to see more action in the second half too. Fingers crossed.

Reply #256737 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

13:29 PT
2/8 FG
2/3 FT
6 points 7 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal
3 fouls and 1 turnover as well. -12 (+/-)

Not too bad for a follow up. New career high in boards I think.

Reply #256757 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And his +/- was not that bad compared to the majority of his team mates...they got spanked again by GSW!

The T-Wolves just do not play any D, particularly in transition.

Reply #256758 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The T-Wolves gave up 42 fast break points in today's game alone supporting my case.

Jawai had 6 offensive boards showing he is hitting the glass hard. The T-Wolves out-rebounded the Warriors 53-38, but gave up a whopping 28 turnovers compared to 12. Thankfully Jawai only had 1 TO and that was on an offensive foul call and not a bad pass or skill error.

Reply #256762 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

LC did you watch this game?

Cannot believe the Warriors put up 146!!

Stephen "Michael Redd" Jackson with 15 assists! WTF?

Reply #256765 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

ESPN Photo of Jawai in action from today's game: http://linky.com.au/v0m5u

Did not watch the game but followed it through ESPN's Gamecast. From what I gathered through the running commentary of the game, it was run and gun GSW all the way hence the high number of assists and number of points scored.

Career high for assists for Jackson too! Couldn't believe it myself...

Thankfully for Jawai, the majority fo the damage was done when he was sitting on the bench with 2 fouls. When he sat down, I recall they trailed by just 5 points early at the start of the 2nd period.

Reply #256769 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

To be fair a lot of Nate's offensive boards were the result of his own missed gimmes... He really needs to work on that part of his game - he misses so many easy shots around the basket. However it should come with more PT, experience, and confidence...

Horrible game by Minny - a team that nearly beat the C's a few days ago... hopefully this lights a fire under them - not good enough...

Reply #256814 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Two straight horrible games in fact...including the game where Jawai scored 16...their transition defence is just plain horrible and they are now getting hurt seriously.

Reply #256816 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

From the in game discussion earlier today... From Canishoopus.com

I guess you gotta laugh when you are getting pumped like that by the Warriors.

Gotta give props to Kahn for acquiring Jawai

No one had heard of him anywhere in the league, but look at his upside.

by Oceanary on Nov 9, 2009 10:08 PM CST reply actions 0 recs

Jawai just has to get into better shape..He's a little overweight.

Has the Potential to be what shaq was in his prime,

by TonyO on Nov 9, 2009 10:14 PM CST up reply actions 0 recs

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...

by TheH on Nov 9, 2009 10:16 PM CST up reply actions 0 recs

Comment of the Year !!!!!!!

The Contest is over.

by Jose Cordoba on Nov 9, 2009 10:25 PM CST up reply actions 0 recs

Reply #256820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai is getting more minutes again today agaisnt Portland. So far in 9min of action he is 2/2 from the field for 4 points to go with 3 rebounds, 2 blocks and just 1 turnover.

Reply #257016 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Al Jefferson is out for the next two games due to an ill family member.

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/22woa

Reply #257156 | Report this post

Bamaga Boy  
Years ago

The worst way to get the minutes. Worse even than another's injury IMHO. But, you're right LC, Jawai will most likely benefit from Jefferson's misfortune. Thankfully, he has definitely been earning his minutes of late and Big Nate will make the most of the opportunity.

Reply #257183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754