Isaac
Years ago

Galen Young to Perth?

First spotted on Twitter via Mili and Rod - is ex-Crocs import Galen Young heading to the Perth Wildcats?

Would be an interesting addition to the squad if it's true. I'd imagine that Rogers will be paid out or retire?

Topic #21706 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I'd be tempted to keep Sam Harris!

Reply #258661 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Is he any good?. i guess Rogie is finally done.

Reply #258669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Young's not much chop but if he comes in for Rogers who's done Perf should be locked in as championship favourites.

Reply #258674 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Surely there are better options than Young. Must be very cheap.

Reply #258681 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

please no! wasnt he the one who drink & drive in townsville?

Reply #258690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he was and his wife spent the whole season talking him up/defending him on Oz Hoops.

Reply #258693 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One of the Cats' Platinum sponsors is "Alcohol Think Again."

Reply #258694 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

We need help ASAP.Right now were in a form slump and we need more help. Bevo needs to let Cattalini more minutes. Catt was playing well but he was draged everytime he went into a nice groove.

Reply #258723 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Was veery average. It'd hurt Weigh and Cat should improve in the 2nd haf of the year.

Reply #258728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Plays a completely different position to Weigh. Would take minutes from Wagstaff and Cattalini if anyone.

Reply #258729 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Didn't he play mostly SF for TVL? He's only 196cm, good rebounder but I'd call him more of a 3 than a 4.

Reply #258734 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Makes nosense. we Allready have Weigh, Catt and Wlliamson at the 3 Spot. the Redhage and Wagstaff at the 4 and Schenscher and WagStaff at the 5. Maybe evo wants to bring young as Backup to Rdhge and allow wagstaf to be the main backup 5?.

Another Scenario could be Yong backingup Weigh and Catt Backing up Redhge?

Reply #258737 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Redhage

Reply #258738 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

he played 4 here

Reply #258755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Providing he is in shape he can play as a point forward. Came to Townsville 20kg overweight but clearly had the ball skills and passing to play outside. Is a smart player. Lacks a 3-ball and may be a few steps slower but his mind is quick and he passes well.

Reply #258790 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Nothing more then a Rummor so far.

Reply #258798 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I thought he came in as a point forward but was turnover machine and was switched to the four when Rosell Ellis got injured.

Reply #258814 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I certainly remember the turnovers, he killed my dreamteam that year :P

Reply #258928 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems to be a done deal.

Reply #259007 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

he killed my dream too, what a dud

Reply #259046 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

my dream team too*
bit shaky on the lack of hoops posts recently

Reply #259047 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

He's back!

Reply #259048 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Good on you Issac. first you broke the Schenscher story and now this. Well done.

Btw, With Redhage, Cattlini,Weigh and Wagstaff we dont lack any quality in the 6'7 types, so this Signing dosent excatly fill or adress any of our Weak points. Then again, the league is really versatile at the moment most of the frontcourt in the league are pretty agile and thats been giving Schenscher Problem with he's lack of agility. Cats are probaly thinking guys like Young can defend the dribble penetration of other bigs alot better.

It will be interesting if he plays on Saturday against the Crocs.

Reply #259051 | Report this post

tinks  
Years ago

So Im pretty sure you boys are all eating your words now huh. Fairly certain Galen was a star performer for the cats and helped lead them into the premiership....

Reply #279829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A very valuable role player off the bench - yes. A star performer - no. I am sure Cats fans would welcome him back though.

Reply #279836 | Report this post

Da Man  
Years ago

yes i bet all the haters are singing a different song now that that championship is in the books...haters will be here until the end of time...just keep living

Reply #284110 | Report this post

pam4411  
Years ago

Wel Well Well,
How about Galen Young to Perth once more in 2010??? We could do a lot worse you know - he knows the boys, the plays etc could just do the trick.

Reply #300521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754