Years ago

Streetball/Pickup Runs in Adelaide?

Streetball/Pickup Runs in Adelaide?

Are there any local streetball/pickup runs that regularly happen here in Adelaide?

I'm looking to play a bit of unstructured basketball now that Summer is here and I've got a bit of extra free time (uni holidays), but despite living here in Adelaide all my life, I'm not really aware of anything like this that's happening around the place. Are there any outdoor (or indoor, if they happen to be available) facilities that attract decent numbers either on the weekends or during the week, particular in or close to the city? And if not, are there people around who'd be willing to get involved in some regular runs and hopefully develop a bit of a street basketball culture around Adelaide?

Topic #21755 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trinity Church - Colonel Light Gardens (Near Mitcham Area - Just off Goodwood Road) two good courts and rings. Saturdays and Sundays are often busy.

Reply #259386 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

CBC Courts always have something going. Sometimes groups of Asians getting together doing there thing.

Reply #259395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*their

Reply #259401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

northgate courts.
Ross smith avenue

Reply #260318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pembroke school continuation of parade headed away from town. maybe 500m after portrush road intersection. every firday 6 till 9 $5 pick up games

Reply #266099 | Report this post

bpg  
Years ago

please check out our street ball club.
Ballerz playground
Www.ballerzplayground.com.au
Ongoing 3 on 3.
Check website for details.
Cheers

Reply #274077 | Report this post

Years ago

Anything still happening these days?

Reply #295078 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Add Julian Fry on facebook mate, always keeps people updated.

Reply #295085 | Report this post

Years ago

Bump...

The new Pulteney Grammar outdoor courts on South Terrace are pretty nice, and seemingly open to the public at all times (not closed off), but does anyone (apart from the school kids) actually use them?

Are there any other spots in/around the city (within 5-10km of the CBD) that attract a regular crowd? Would love to just be able to turn up somewhere on a Saturday/Sunday (or even a weeknight, especially over summer) and join in a game.

Reply #344638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754