36ers
Years ago

Herbert Injury Update

Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers guard , Nathan Herbert has received a belated Christmas present today from the doctors. Nathan has been given a diagnosis that will only see him miss the New Years Eve clash against the Wollongong Hawks. Herbert was initially looking at least a 4 week lay off after being accidentally poked in the eye last game against the Perth Wildcats. He suffered a bruised Retina and bleeding to the eye which 36ers staff feared would be a long term injury. The news also means that Herbert will not be placed on injury waivers that would have required him missing two weeks of action. The Hood Sweeney 36ers will travel to Wollongong with 9 players. Tom Garlepp will suit up in replacement for the NBL's leading rebounder Jacob Holmes. Jacob is also expected to be back in action on the Brett Maher Court on January 10 along side Nathan Herbert.

Topic #21946 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Bloody great news..Herbert deserves to see out this season stand out performance so far

Reply #262709 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sorry SOJ.

Brilliant news!

Reply #262713 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was Darren Ng on radio just then - Three (3) guards in Woolongong - Gilchrist Groves Ng.

Reply #262715 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I MAY not have made sense above. Anyways - sounded like Sixers will run Groves Gilchrist Ng on the court most of the time - playing 3 guards - I THINK that's what Darren meant .
Probably good idea , I'd guess ?

Reply #262716 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Someone asked if Ninja will be playing at SF and he said Hill will start there but they may have to run three guards at times. The only other real option is to play Balls at the 3 so no surprise there.

Reply #262717 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw - OK . That was MY email to them. But I'm never gonna win any tickets .

Reply #262718 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

"see out the season"

Funny

Reply #262719 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Yeh shoulda been play out the season, owell

Reply #262722 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Great news, hopefully his return goes as planned.

Reply #262724 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754