skull
Years ago

Grand Final Teams?

i think the two teams to give us the best g/f series are perth vs melbourne.
it would be a cracker of a series with perth winning 2/1.
the tigers are playing like their season has just began,watch for sam mack to dominate his position in the games ahead.

perth are a class act and will probably out last who ever they play off against!

Topic #22101 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The problem for Melbourne is that the Hawks still have a three game start on them and Melbourne only have one game up their sleeve. Hawks' schedule from here:

Crocs (home)
Crocs (road)
Breakers (road)
Blaze (home)
Tigers (home)
36ers (road)

(3/6 games against top four teams)

The Tigers have:

Cats (home)
Cats (road)
36ers (home)
Blaze (road)
Cats (home)
Hawks (road)
Blaze (home)

(6/7 games against top four teams - not out of the question, but a big test for them)

Also, the Cats will not want to face Melbourne in a series, so will be going all out in each of their three match-ups to come.

Reply #264788 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It will be almost impossible for Melbourne to make it. Not sure of the season series between them and the Hawks, but if the Tigers win say 6 of 7, then the Hawks only need 3 of 6 to end level on wins. I think the Hawks hold on.

I'd really like to see the Blaze knock off Perth in the finals. It would really bolster a new franchise and fan base up there and has the additional benefit of preventing Perth from becoming the outright leader in Championships!

Reply #264800 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Melbourne have left their run a little too late. The top 4 is set.

Perth will play Townsville in the Final. Wildcats will win 2-1.
Shawn Redhage will take out GF M.V.P.

If Townsville take the title there's no doubt Homicide will get the season and GF MVP double

Reply #264812 | Report this post

herka  
Years ago

The 3 upcomming games between the cats and tigers will determine whether cats can keep a top two spot and whether the tigers can sneak in ! Issac is right there is no way you want to play the tigers in a playoff series with the expereince that their line up has. Blaze and crocs is still flip of the coin for me i think both will make the 4 ! both have similiar line ups. And you have to remeber wollongong didnt lose to Perth at home in their series. Home court is always vital in the playoffs. I'll think wait till the 4 is set before making any predictions on the GF sides. I know thats not living !

Reply #264848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754