Isaac
Years ago

LeBron will not enter 2010 dunk comp

A year ago, on All-Star Weekend, James said: "Right now I'm preliminarily putting my name in the 2010 contest Saturday night. LeBron James is saying in 2010, in Dallas Stadium, [preliminarily] he will compete."

But his name was conspicuously missing when the list of participants (Robinson, Gerald Wallace, Shannon Brown and the winner of a dunk-in between Eric Gordon and DeMar DeRozan) was announced Monday.
Full story

Can't "win"? Not creative enough?

Topic #22132 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

he will be a late entrance...like, really late. just before it starts

Reply #265206 | Report this post

Joe_M  
Years ago

I like Shaq idea where he said that he would let LBJ dunk if Kobe, Vince Carter, LeBron James and one mystery dunker entered into the dunk comp and half the winning prize money went to Haiti.

That would be mega awesome.

Reply #265207 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Weak, Lebron. Weak.

Probably doesn't want anyone to see him lose - just like he didn't want people to see the tape of him getting dunked on.

Reply #265208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah personally I think it's all because LeBron knows he wouldn't have much chance of winning. Like Isaac said he's not a creative dunker and that was evident in that All-American high school dunk comp he won. They gave it to him because he was getting his head above the ring on a couple of dunks but they had no style whatsoever, he can jump high but can't really do fancy dunks.

Now Rex Chapman from the 91 dunk comp he could do some great dunks and I've still never seen a better big man dunker than Shawn Kemp, he did one insane dunk in that same comp.

Still no one not even Jordan was on the same level as Vince Carter's performance in the 2000 dunk comp. I've seen every comp over the last 20 years or so and VC's dunks were just crazy.

Reply #265210 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Pathetic, hes seen the competition and run.

Reply #265216 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Thought the initial lineup was Howard, Robinson, James and one other person.

Not exactly a stellar looking lineup this year.

Reply #265223 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Kobe and Vince can't dunk anymore, years past their dunking prime, this is pretty much LeBron's athletic peak though, very lame.

Reply #265224 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

I wont be entering this year either
do that info deserve it own thread?

Reply #265232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of dunks, Andrew Bogut absolutely POSTERISED (and poked in the eye) Azubuike of the Warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2O5zFh6z0

Reply #265243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats cartier martin that he dunked on. azubuike is out injured

Reply #265257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm losing more and more respect for lebron. Like charles barkley keeps saying, he should participate for the good of the game. Who cares if he does win, he'll still be lebron james. Everyone wants to see him in there and guys like MJ, Magic and Bird realised that people wanted to see them in the Saturday night events and felt it was up to them to do it for the game and the fans. They understood that the game was bigger than them and not sure lebrons got that round his inflated head at this point from many things ive seen from him in the past and present

Reply #265259 | Report this post

Ditto. This past season I have been losing more and more respect for LeBron. I admit to being a Kobe hater in the past, but I definitely respect the way Bryant conducts himself a lot more than James.

Putting his name in for the dunk comp in an attention grabbing move and then removing his name was very weak. And selfish. If he was thinking of his fans that he so dearly loves, he'd be in that comp, but rather he is worried about damaging his ego if he were to get beaten.

Very disappointing LeBron.

Reply #265278 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Athletic he is, but LeBron is not creative enough to win and he knows it.

In any case, I would still like him in the comp for the game itself.

Reply #265289 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Nate Robinson...again...yawn.

Who'd have thought it'd get dull seeing a 5'7 guy dunking?

Reply #265323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate is 5'9".

Reply #265394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754