shano
Years ago

Tigers interested in Herbert

it seems the tigers will be making aherbert a priority signing, if we are serious for next season he needs to be a priority for us..it also seems julius will be free, we should sign him! well, ok maybe not- but i hope he plays with someone else so that we can hand him a hiding!

i really hope herbert signs though, he has been one of the only highlights this season.

Topic #22268 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re-Sign him unless Melbourne offers him a ridiculous amount - which they shouldn't be with the amount of star players they have to retain.

Reply #267214 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

yeah Herbet is a absolute must keep for us. he's our hardest working player and is starting to get a cult following at the dome. he's one of the few players who havent let us down this year he has stood up an is starting the make his claim

Reply #267217 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If Melbourne make him a priority and he wants to home, then it might be hard to keep him, if Goorj wants him there.
Here he lives with the Burstons, close to the dome, rides a bike there and Ninnis is a bit easier than Goorj.
The Burstons could have some bearing on it also and it may be Westover or Goorj at Melbourne and Ninnis or whoever here, also having an effect.

Reply #267221 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Do the Tigers just seem to steal our players as a recruitment program??

Reply #267254 | Report this post

mr-sixer  
Years ago

i heard that gold coast is looking at hodge

Reply #267257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wouldn't last five minutes in Joey Wright's system.

One of the few 36ers players who deserves to be retained is Herbert. Make it happen.

Reply #267270 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Herberts a keeper. Reminds me of Davidson and Sapwell in the way he does not give up. I think he could be developed as our go to man in the clutch.

Reply #267271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the number of players the sixers have 'stolen' as you put it. Other than bradtke and hodge I can't think of many who have moved from Adelaide to the tigers.

Reply #267273 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Skud, don't be a douche. Anon, your response to a douche statement was douche-worthy in itself.

No such thing as "stealing players". If a player says "yes" to a better contract somewhere else, that's "thinking of their future".

If they say yes after stating they want to stay with one team, then go to another; that's just that player being a backstabber.

Wouldn't exactly call Hodge joining the Tigers "theft".

Reply #267281 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I really hope he doesn't go to the Tigers... they have a policy that if you play with them in the NBL, you have to play with them in the Big V as well (if you're going to play at that level)... would prefer to see him stay with Geelong in the off season

Reply #267290 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Sam Mackinnon and Chris Anstey are expected to announce their retirements...the Tigers will therefore need to recruit players to replace.

Only Anstey was on some decent money, Mackinnon was on near minimum wage.

Reply #267291 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

If my couch is a total piece of crap and I leave it on the kurb the night before hard refuse day, I'm not going to have whoever wants my old junk arrested for theft - take it. Please.

Reply #267456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754