Curtley
Years ago

Marbury in China

Marbury appears to have re-invented himself playing in China to endorse his shoe/apparel brand. Gotta love his coaches opinion on why he's so humble: "People say this and that about him, but let me tell you, I had dinner with him last night and it was so simple, chicken fried rice. That's it," Brave Dragons coach Wu Qinglong said, expressing his approval of such low-key behavior.

"He was happy. He said it was really good," Wu added. "He didn't even want anything to drink, just some bottled water."

I just had tap water - does that make me mother teresa?

The 17 team CBA should have some sort of alignment with the NBL in the future.

Topic #22277 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Bottled water is a drink...

Strange interview.

Reply #267360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt want alcohol

Reply #267366 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, that's pretty racist assuming a black guy would want fried chicken rice.

Reply #267379 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Is the Brave Dragons coach the same guy who was Obi Wan Kenobi's Master in Star Wars?

Reply #267380 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

So he didn't want vaseline for dinner???

Reply #267383 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Almost every foreign basketball player going to China shuns the more exotic food and sticks to the absolute basics for fear of getting sick or not liking what they try. Probably more a sign of being terrified of the local food!

Reply #267394 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

in the same token he could've got wasted infront of his coach and said "this food is crap"

Reply #267507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754