lion tamer
Years ago

Jumping Jye Watson for 36ers

If Phil has any brains he will invite Jye Watson to attend the first 36ers training next season.
This kid is legite, he can flat out score.
Wato is a breath of fresh air for this league.
My $5 entry to the game Saturday night was well and truly worth it this star is on the rise.
The Wilk man needs to take a page out of Jye's book, shoot first pass second and as all good scorers will do play defence third.

Topic #2253 | Report this topic

The Truth  
Years ago

I saw Jye Score 37 saturday night ... he was awsome he has an inside outside scoring game .. and really held the team togther with wilky having a bad game ... he can also rebounded and is a good defensive player the kid has got some serious game ... he would be a great player for the sixers to look at...

Reply #25402 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

He would be good training bait, about it. Although he has what Campbell etc didn't have which is height, so you never know.

Bit ludicrous to base this observation on two games though, especially when in game one he fizzled after the third quarter and in game two he was consistent but not spectacular (I was surprised to find out it was 37...I would have guessed about 25-30 and thought Atkins had more). He'll probably be this season's Pocahontas, minus the injury of course.

Reply #25408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a Crock!

Give most guys in the ABA 30 shots and they will score that many!

Reply #25435 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

25435 Anonymous uve obviously played a bit?!?!

So therefore you would know its a feat getting up 30 shots at ABL level. Break down the numbers 12 from 30, including 4 of 9 threes, he went to the line 11 times so must have been fouled on some shots.

Libertine my boy I think the sunstroke from the food and wine festival is affecting your brain. Phil or Steve would not be looking at his last 2 games they would be looking at his results right from Junior Nationals, NCAA and his games for Warnambool. There are only 3 things that happen when Jye plays; his teams win, his team mates love him and he scores alot of points.

Reply #25438 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'll stand corrected: I thought he was an import. If not, definitely worth a look.

What's his background?

Reply #25440 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

jezzalenko, you're the one who's had some sun if you think the 36er NBL boys knew who this guy was before he came to SA....although if he maintains his form throughout the season he will probably get a training run. Don't forget Pocahontas was on the Wildcats roster previously, so he wasn't a complete unknown.

His team lost, btw.

Reply #25442 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

google jye watson ... basketball .. and you will find all you need .. He has been tearing it up for a while now !! Here and O/S..

Libertine .. where were you tonight ?

Reply #25447 | Report this post

nuffy.  
Years ago

hhmmm watson was watched by steve breheny in a warnambool game before sixers started there pre-season and came to adelaide with the notion that he was going to be invited to train with adelaide, that fell through unfortunately and was still wanting to come play for rick. He was also suppossed to play with cairns in the pre-season blitz but they went with AIS kids so if you dont think he is the real deal liber get your facts champ, so he was known to the sixers but as usual with adelaides program unless out of tute not given a go.

Reply #25449 | Report this post

bobby cunningham  
Years ago

libertine, stop hating, we know his team lost but that wasnt what this thread was about!!!! give the kid a chance to show what he can do! i have played with jye for the past5 season (when he gets back from O.S.) and he has always been able to put numbers up! so yes i agree that we have to wait til the season end and then see what his numbers are like but i'll tell you this, they wont be far off from what they are now!

To anonymous, if you think getting 30 shots is a easy thing to do i want you to go out and try to do that and you will see that its tougher than you think. its a mentality that not alot of players have when it comes to shooting that much and if thats whats needed to help the team then why bag it? and if you got something to say thats negative, put your real name to it!!!

Reply #25468 | Report this post

have a look  
Years ago

-U/18 Nationals Country Victoria
-Long Island University ncaa (4 years)
-Warnambool ABA
I found it on google.com so can you

Reply #25492 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I had googled him before, his stats were impressive. 18ppg as a Senior especially as the go-to man is impressive! It's good to see the sixers are actually scouting players then.

Give the guy an academy run, match him up against the guys he'll be competing with like Snake, Sutton, Benson, etc to be training bait/10th man.

If you guys read what I've written I HAVEN'T bagged the guy once. Just that he hasn't stood out immeadiately as an NBL player, as guys like Oscar and Jacob automatically do in this league. So take some chill pills, I think I even wrote in the first week of games I was very impressed with the way he played and that he would be Norwood's biggest danger.

Reply #25510 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

Libertine,

As I said, wait and see!!! he would give any of those guys a run for their money that you mentioned in your last paragraph.

Reply #25545 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Libertine and all haters - WAIT and WATCH, because you will see an extremely consistent and talented player playing this sort of game week in and week out. Jye also has something which you clearly lack and that is a great personality off the court. Good Luck for the rest of the season Jye, and Bobby we will all be laughing with you at the end of the season!!

Reply #27225 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey Bobby, are you the real Bobby Cunningham or just someone using Bobby's name???

Reply #27230 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

Panther, hes the real deal.

Reply #27234 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Are you still playing anymore Bobby?
I still don't think i've recovered from when you ran over me in a pre season game a couple of years back! I had your number imbedded on my forehead!!!

Reply #27239 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Panther,
I thought I had seen his name in one of the VBL Teams. There is a Bobby Cunningham playing for Sandringham and according to the stats he is doing pretty well. 14.7 pts (at 40.5%), 9.7 rebs, 8 assists & 5 steals in first 3 games (2 wins)

Reply #27324 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Bobby is at Sandringham after mnay successful seasons with the Warrnambool Seahawks.

Apparently he lost like 20kgs and completed a rigorous off-season to be offered the contract!

Reply #27334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he will be a lion next season along with Scott Whitmore and Ben Todd

Reply #27343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alot of people are putting their hands up around the league for the lions. North & Norwood might end up missing a few players as well.

Reply #27372 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone googled Jye Watson - that guy has had the same haircut since 1965....

Reply #27444 | Report this post

sky gore  
Years ago

i thnk jye is an excelent player in the aba hes got a great shot and hits most of them people should take time out for him and actaully watch him play they moght earn a thing or two.

Reply #27784 | Report this post

sky gore  
Years ago

i thnk jye is an excelent player in the aba hes got a great shot and hits most of them people should take time out for him and actaully watch him play they might learn a thing or two.

Reply #27786 | Report this post

sky gore  
Years ago

hey every one i know jye and he is a great basketball player he scores alot of points and is a real asset to the game for all those people who think that they can just walk out on the court and shoot 30 points i would like to see you do it it take alot of work and training and people who have seen jye play will notice thats his acuracy when shooting is a very good give him a chance he diserves it

Reply #27787 | Report this post

Judda  
Years ago

Jye Watsons the real deal, Ive known him since he started high school and lemme tell ya's, he was built for basketball. He wont dissapoint. (what the hell am i doin on a basketball website anyway) Whats goin on Bobby?? How you been?

Reply #40070 | Report this post

kayn matthews  
Years ago

i know jye personally and he is a great player he scores alot of points every game.i see him every day at the STARplex and how can he have the same hair cut since 1965 when he is only about 22.and he has already been training with the 36ers and will be seeing him on the court for the lions and/or 36ers.

Reply #47255 | Report this post

Julia  
Years ago

Hey, mr. Watson is my teacher for 5 weeks, so i googled him and he seems like quite the player! hmm. well it's funny people envy him, seeing i see him and he yells at me everyday!

Reply #150604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's my teacher :)

hay mr watson,

its aliceee ahahahha,

Reply #162716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think this player is out standing at what he does he exerts mass amounts of pressure on the defence and is a proffensional at what he does. He pushes his team to the limit he is brilliant!

Reply #297477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754