Isaac
Years ago

Peter Crawford is NBLs Most Improved

PC wins Most Improved

"The Wildcats star recorded 65 votes to clinch the trophy ahead of Townsville's Kelvin Robertson (34) and New Zealand's Aaron Olsen (28)."

The NBL awards still to come are MVP, Defensive Player, Coach of the Year, and the All-NBL first, second and third teams.

Topic #2264 | Report this topic

Doctor E  
Years ago

Gee, I know we're biased because we see a lot of him but surely Oscar had to be up there around the top 3 at least.

Reply #25537 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I would have expected to see Oscar and Darryl Corletto's name come close along with Crawford.

Reply #25544 | Report this post

KOBE#8  
Years ago

What a terrible result. Still say Oscar Forman diserved this one. Tallest player to lead the league in 3-point accuracy, last year no where near the impact he had this year.

Had 16 and 7 off the bench in an elimination final. Not in the top 3, disgusting result!

Reply #25547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just remember oscar only improved by 4 points and a few rebounds.

shooting % shouldnt have much effect to do wit hthe most imrpoved

Reply #25549 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Anonymous...

Peter Crawford only improved by 4 ppg himself, from 12 to 16. His rebounds improved by 2, from 4.5 to 6.5. (in other words, the same as Forman)

Kelvin Robertson imroved his ppg by 4 points, from 6 to 10. One more assist per game and the rest looks about the same as last year.

Both Robertson & Crawford improved on their FG%.

Olson didn't improve in too many aspects, but did increase his ppg by 5.

I think Crawford was the right choice, he went from being a role player in Townsville to a key player in the Wildcats lineup and responded with the best year of his career. Oscar improved from being a quite ordinary role player to being a very effective role player. That is probably the difference.

That is shame for Oscar that he didn't poll better. He had a good year.

Reply #25550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would've given it to Robertson (22 yo, improved in every category, except slight increase in turnovers) rather than Crawford (26 yo, a lot more turnovers and fouls, and dropped in FT%) because I value the improved impact of a younger player with the same team over an older player who has changed teams. I thought Oscar (23 yo, increase in every category, including reduced turnovers despite more minutes, and also 32% improvement in FT%, plus lead the league by almost 5% in 3P%) might've been in the top three behind these two, but I think the scoring impact of Olson may have got him in there.

Still, regardless of the award result (or lack of), Oscar definitely improved and that's great for himself and for the club.

Reply #25553 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac, think Robertson would have been a more deserved winner. His insertion into the starting line up was the catalyst for Townsville's turn around in form.

Reply #25582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754