Big Sexy
Years ago

Another Sixer Player signing today

According to the Adelaide 36ers fan site on Facebook there will be another announcement today

"The Official Adelaide 36ers Page So it was Herbie yesterday, who could it be today that has signed up for the Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers?"

Who could it be? I am guessing Ballinger

Topic #22691 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't they announce a few signings in the one day like other teams? It's strange that there's been one each day, particularly when Johnson and Herbert aren't high profile players.

Reply #273312 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Hopefully its Ballinger!

Then we work on signing some new players to Adelaide

to have a fresh looking team

Reply #273319 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Anon, it might be for more publicity or could be that they only got approved by the NBL to make it official.

Reply #273320 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

It's creating a buzz because people like us sit on this website talking about it all day long

And thats what basketball needs...people to be excited about the NBL

Reply #273322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive got a feeling that it might be John Gilchrist

Reply #273326 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I think it will be too hard to call. I saw Marty yesterday at the stadium all day note book in hand writing notes like there was no tomorrow. it could be just about anyone. wonder if its an import

Reply #273329 | Report this post

Nard Dog  
Years ago

I believe it's Farley.

Reply #273333 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Willie! Willie! Willie!

Reply #273335 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Brett's had a great time over the last couple of days.......

Reply #273336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Graeme Dann?

Reply #273337 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I don't think it will be an import as Marty pointed out in his press conference (when he was announced coach) that he would sign the Australian contingent and then look for imports to fill the voids

Reply #273338 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

If it's Ballinger, my season ticket will be renewed.

Reply #273339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam and Brad have signed. Marty is talking to kevin Lisch, Luke S and Ben Allen

Reply #273342 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

i doubt Lisch will end up at 36ers guys!

Reply #273346 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

wasportsfan1 i share the same scepticism but if lisch did sign with us id be beyond happy. he is a gun

Reply #273351 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SRT, same. Hasn't let up in HSH either. Really applies himself at all times.

Reply #273354 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I have heard rumours, i think primarily on here, that lisch has been approached by sixers but whether this is true or not i dont know. hard to tell the truth behind it all when people say "i heard" which sometimes translates to "i had a dream last night that lisch was a sixer" which obviously has no relation to the real world. but lets wait and see what happens.

P.S. my season ticket will be renewed regardless. im keen to see what marty can bring to the current players signed.

Reply #273357 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

SRT070

I'll be renewing my season tickets also no matter what. I'm also curious to see what Marty can bring to our team and what roster we have.

It's also a great night out for me and gives me something to be excited about outside of the footy season and when boxing bouts aren't scheduled.

Reply #273369 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I have no idea why we would even consider Lisch. His stats are similar to Groves

Groves 10ppg, 3Apg, 3Rpg
Lisch 11ppg, 2Apg, 2Rpg

Lisch's only advantage is he shot the 3 well at 42% and foul shots at about 80%. but We already have Ng and Herbert that can hit the 3. So why would we want a 6"2 Shooting guard? Furthermore, he was in a stacked Perth team where he probably was the least defensively targetted by opposition coaches. If he didn't score 29 in the final game of the finals would anyone be considering him to play for us? I doubt it.

Farley would be a much better option!

Reply #273370 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

King James, its not just his stats its his style of ball, he has a bit of goulding in him in the sense he doesnt care who is against he will put in 110% everytime. he has been relentless all season and as Isaac said he hasnt let up in the HSH either. he has alot ahead of him, and i cant say i know for a fact but at a guess id say groves had alot more court time compared to lisch. i personally can see a awesome player in lisch. where as groves i just see a man trying to redeem his former glory.

Reply #273383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger.

Reply #273396 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

I agree with KingJames there are a lot better options out there than Lisch. Why do we need another shooting guard when we already have Ng and Herbie? We should be getting an import PG and scoring SF. Lisch being only 6'2 gives us 2 guys in Ng and Lisch that are undersized 2 guards. Makes no sence, this is part the reason I wanted Ninnis gone and wont be Happy if Clarke comes in making the same mistakes.

Reply #273441 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Thanks for the Support Mum.

Reply #273450 | Report this post

Nard Dog  
Years ago

Someone like a Magic Johnson would be perfect for the Sixers.

Reply #273455 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I dont think Magic is upto the NBL level anymore maybe 10-12 years ago

But i think he has better things to do as well

Reply #273458 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

No Lisch thanks.

Can't be our primary PG while he's inconsistent and undersized at SG.

I'd rather have Mike Helms if we're talking about players of that style.

Reply #273461 | Report this post

Nard Dog  
Years ago

I didn't mean THE Magic Johnson, I meant a player similar to him. A versatile PG with good size.

Reply #273472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no signing today or what?

Reply #273480 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Nothing on Facebook yet...

Reply #273481 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

And at what time should we expect this signing to be annouced?

Reply #273484 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Isaac can't you just tell us? :-)

Reply #273485 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Isaac certainly could tell us but i really doubt he will

Reply #273486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A little bit of alcohol will do the trick

Reply #273493 | Report this post

Kevin Malone  
Years ago

The Official Adelaide 36ers Page Hi fans we are still awaiting the NBL's ok to release the players name. Sorry for the delay.

Reply #273495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't the NBL closed up shop for the night?

Reply #273496 | Report this post

Waited all frickn day for this! DAMMIT!

Reply #273501 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

bloody nbl. Getting anything from them almost sounds like try to get through the motor registration office

Reply #273502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It isn't going to be a major player, otherwise it would be on the TV News you would think.

Reply #273505 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

if they cant release the players name why would it be on tv? and secondly you never see anything NBL related on tv. although with one hd taking over it i think we will see alot more on sports tonight in the upcoming season

Reply #273508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you often see major 36ers signings on Ten Sport News

Reply #273514 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Bet its Brad Hill.

Reply #273515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be incredibly boring news..sorry Brad.

Reply #273517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chuck Harmison is on away so NBL approval has been delayed. Hopefully tomorrow.

Reply #273526 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Chuck Harmison is away? What, at a time when all clubs are at their busiest signing players? Its like the priest at the local parish taking a day off on Sunday.

Reply #273551 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In fairness, we dont know where he is. He could be meeting with a potential sponsor, or he could be having his first day's leave in six months or more.

Reply #273555 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

chuck needs to go on a permanent vacation

Reply #273579 | Report this post

Kevin Malone  
Years ago

The Official Adelaide 36ers Page Welcome back to the Hood Sweeney Adelaide 36ers your captain Adam Ballinger and swingman Brad Hill. Get excited people 5 key signings done and 5 to go.

Reply #273598 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ballinger is a great signing. Hill is also a good move as I think he will flourish under Clarke.

Reply #273604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is Gilchrist?

Reply #274157 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Fine... apart from his knee!

Reply #274173 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754