Anonymous
Years ago

Schensher- has he priced himself out of league

based on last year's performance, as a cats fan i say yes!

I think he will either lower his price and end up in Adelaide,
or Sydney may pay what he is asking for

Don't think cats are aan option now, unless he has a desire to try and win back-to-back championships

Topic #22774 | Report this topic

Ushiro  
Years ago

Going on his later season performances with the Wildcats, I would say that he has discounted his price not outpriced

Reply #274224 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Don't know, since I don't know what he is asking for! Agreed that it is unlikely he will return to Perth when you have Matt Knight signed already and your coach does not see Schensch as an offensive focal point.

I still like the possibility of Schensch in Adelaide if he is willing to stick around and build something. Personally, I think the NBL is the best place for him. He is good enough to be a dominant NBL centre for years to come, whereas I don't see him being more than a role player in any top Euro league.

My guess is that Clarke won't tie up another 10 roster points at centre when he has already recruited Johnson, so I could see Schensch ending up in Sydney as Robilliard's dominant big.

Reply #274226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bevo tried to make him the focal point, but he either missed or turned it over most of the time

Reply #274229 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Beantown,
There was an article in West Australian from the owner of the wildcats saying Schensher was asking for US$20,000 a month.

http://linky.com.au/jk31e

Reply #274230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that $20,000 a month for the whole year or for the length of the season??? ie about 5 months

Reply #274233 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Interesting article. Sounds like Perth would prefer Matt Knight to play PF and that they are still open to Schensch for the right price.

Anon, thats a good question about whether the $20k is for the whole year or only 5-6 months. I'm guessing it really means over the course of the year, since $100-120k would not be pricing him out of the NBL.

If it was $240k that would clearly be too much for Luke, since he did not have the same impact in his second season that he did in his first.

Does anyone know what guys like Anstey, Penney, Worthington are on? I'm guessing $200k plus, but don't really know.

Reply #274239 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

From what I have heard you are in the right ball park, and that is what Schenscher is after.

Reply #274241 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Pfft, Big Red was a better player under the Sixers. The Wildcats are still top-notch without him

Potentially having: Knight, Wagstaff & Redhage as the front court is insane, if you tee that up with a Weigh/Lisch backcourt, then you're laughing.

The Sixers need his presence and having a Schensher/Johnson rotation on the 5 spot is better for the team; and for Balls (who can rotate 3/4).

Reply #274248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke isn't coming to Adelaide... from his own mouth!

Reply #274249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

weigh and lisch in the backcourt? you mean martin and lisch?

Reply #274250 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Luke isn't coming to Adelaide... from his own mouth!"

Interesting that during a HSH interview he said he will DEFFINETLY be talking to Marty Clark while he is in Adelaide...

Seriously anonymous bullshit comments are getting old.

Reply #274252 | Report this post

Ariel 29  
Years ago

Given he's got the hair already, all he needs is a gender change operation and going to Turkey. Taurasi just signed a seven figure contract with Fenerbahce ( where Penny T plays)

Reply #274255 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

He won Perth the championship! I dont care how he played in the finals he was the reason they won it. I'd like to know the answer to beantowns question ... is it $20k a month for 1, 2, 6 or 12 months. I'm sure Larry would like to know as well.

Reply #274260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ho can he be coming to adelaide u tools if they have already signed johnson!

Reply #274262 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Isaac,
Are we going to get this Footwearfile ad on every post. Seems to be free advertising whoever they are. Maybe they should be paying you for the service and not being cheap?

Mod: Spam has now been removed

Reply #274277 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The "ball park figure" of $20k is over the course of the playing season which last roughly 6 months and is around the price he has played for in his previous seasons. This also means it's not "mad money" at all, and makes boti"s dig today quite ill informed

Reply #274279 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Anon, no I don't mean "Martin and Lisch" in the backcourt. If I did, I would say "with Martin and Lisch in the backcourt".

With Wagstaff and Knight at the 4-5, Redhage is a definate for the 3 spot. If you want Martin, then send Weigh to the bench. Personally I think Lisch can run the 1-spot quite well.

Reply #274283 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Redhage in the 4 = championship. Redhage at the 3 has equalled playoff losses.

Reply #274291 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Kobe24, this is the quandary. If you are right and it is only 6 months x $20k then I agree that is probably fairly reasonable market value. But that makes me wonder why Boti and that Wildcats rep (in the article Big Sexy posted above) think he has priced himself out of the NBL market? Surely those guys know what they are talking about? So either the $20k figure we are going with is wrong, or NBL teams value 7'2 centres a lot lower than we think!

Perhaps it could be more to do with Luke ridiculously being rated a 10 by the points system? Shouldn't he be challenging that? I think he's an impact player in the league, but is he really on a par with Worthington, Homicide, Lisch, Ballinger, etc when he has played only two seasons and didn't have great numbers at Perth? Maybe in a couple more years, if Luke realises his potential, you'd rate him a 10, but right now its ludicrous!

Reply #274298 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Maybe youd want him to do a bit of preseason training and the like with the other players and when the exchange rate shifts - might turn out costing aussie dollars +$200,000.

Reply #274305 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I remember reading somewhere when Oscar signed with the Breakers he was signed with the sixers until June or July and couldn't leave until his contract expired. Maybe Isaac can confirm or deny this. You would think this would happen with a lot of Australian players so the can do clinics and such before and after the season.

Reply #274313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in reply to my earlier comment about luke not coming... it is because he said it AFTER HSH! 36ers have told him they are not after his services this year!

Reply #274467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754