Anonymous
Years ago

Hoare to blaze

Stephen Hoare has signed with the gold coast filling in the roll that vukona had left. Always handy having a veteran in your team with lots of good young talent like gibson, goulding, petrie and vanderjagt.

Topic #22775 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Vandy has been told he isnt needed mate!

Reply #274237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

neither are you bro

Reply #274257 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

just letting u know! no need to get angry!

Reply #274258 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Met Stephen Hoares cousin the other day. She told me she's the daughter of a Hoare!!

Reply #274259 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

he signed a 2 year deal - that was the clincher.

dunno if anyone else would have committed to 2 years, i think he slowed down at the end of last season.

BUT he was our Players' player and does a lot of small things.

Reply #274278 | Report this post

WalkerTexas  
Years ago

this is really interesting where the blaze are taking their roster. so far the only true lock down defenders they have are gibbo and petrie. harvey and bubbles can def score the ball as good as anyone in the league. hoare will do his bit as he always does and make everyone around him a better player. vukona was a great hustle player but defences could sag cos he couldnt consistently hit that shot where hoare will drag all defences out. i wonder who else they are going to sign. A lot of respnosibilty to fall on petrie, gibbo and harves at this stage. i guess they still have two imports left to sign. joey will have to work some magic with final roster spots as it seems every other team is loading up.

Reply #274282 | Report this post

Blaze777  
Years ago

Was Tyson demos told he wasn't needed? Seems
to be as much of an impact as vandy

Reply #274288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Demos is seeing if anyone else has any interest as he wont be getting much court time if he comes back to the Blaze, so I dont think he was actually told he wasnt required. If he is resigned Id expect it to not be at the last minute.
Vanderjagt was told he wasnt returning at the same time Bradshaw was. He could still be a usefull backup to someone I guess?
Blaze also will announce another big signing in the next day or so - just finalising a couple of details. Should give them a very strong base on which to add a couple of imports.

Reply #274290 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Literally a big signing, perhaps? From Greece?

Reply #274292 | Report this post

ginja  
Years ago

brock motum wants out of college and is close to signing with blaze as is rick rickert, if they both come through our roster will be:

Rickert ???
Petrie Motum
Maxey Hoare
Harvey Goulding
Gibson (dont need cover here with goulding/hoare)

Also how close is rickert to nz citizenship anyone know??

for me personally though this roster is worse than last years when we had amazing talents like ubaka bradshaw etc. dissapointing to see tyson likely gone also. Maxey appears likely at this stage given hes a hard worker and doesnt drink etc. this is the sort of culture we need to ge t atitle.

anyone know any other players? is garlepp 11th man??

Reply #274304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754