Jack Toft
Years ago

R6 ABL Analysis

Round 6 played last night and not all results up yet.

Women:
Mavs took care of the Lionesses 88-41. Poor shooting the problem for the Lionesses. 21.5% won't win too many games. Mavs dominated the boards.

Panthers over Tigers 70-65 in a game where Tigers should have won. A strong 3rd quarter from the Panthers won them the game.

Bearcats all over Warriors 84-61

Sabres in a one point thriller over a fast finishing Eagles 50-49.

Men:
Flames burnt the Rockets 71-65 in the early game.
Mavs over the Lions 110-91. Brad Hill had a screamer with 41 points, the GOAT with 22 points
Panthers over Tigers 84-70
Sturt over Eagles 94-83 - welcome back Jake

Topic #22794 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Mavs took care of the Lionesses 88-41. Poor shooting the problem for the Lionesses. 21.5% won't win too many games. Mavs dominated the boards.

The 30 turnovers wont help either....

Reply #274430 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No, 30 TO's is just too many!

Reply #274432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any word on the games not posted on sporting pulse...

North/Norwood Women
West/Woodville Men

Reply #274436 | Report this post

bc  
Years ago

west men by 20pts

Reply #274440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those 36ers fans interested but too lazy to look up the stats, Holmes had 22 points, 19 rebounds and six assists.

Reply #274441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is going on at southern, players leaving, got lucky against sturt, they were supposed to be the big improvers??!!

Reply #274445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North Women won easy.

Reply #274446 | Report this post

Love em  
Years ago

Whats going on down at Woodville? I see Cam Wilson had another great game with 9 points. It must be the coaches fault?

Reply #274457 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

or maybe it was Egel's dad fault...
gotta love it when a spectator tries to fight a player during the game.

Reply #274471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea what a dickhead he was

Reply #274474 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Care to explain #274471?

Reply #274477 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Game was nearly over - less than 2mins on the clock - West up by 20.
Mark Egel got into a push and shove with Davidson.
Egel got a foul - Davidson went to the line.
While he was waiting to shoot foul shots, Egel's father ( aka father Goose) got up and stood below the basket and was offering to take Davidson outside for a fight.

Games commish then struggled to remove father goose from the stadium, so his son had to drag him outside. Both hurling abuse as they left the venue.

Way to set a good example - father of the year!

Reply #274480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davidson didn't go to the line it was a double foul- side ball. Double due to egel's shove and davidson's cheap punch. Good example from an ex-nbl player too.

Reply #274484 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The spectator in question should be reported and suspended...
State level basketball needs spectators but not goons like that.
Regardless if he is a father of one of the players or not, behaviour like that is not on in a sporting environment.

Reply #274486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Th dad acted very poorly at the West game. It is a game and his actions and those like them should lead to some sort of reprimand. Let the Umpires control the game(Davidson would have worked him anyway).

Reply #274493 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

haha local basketball

Reply #274500 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Young (19yo?) standouts were Tom Daly with 2 over 20 point scoring efforts & Tess Madgen over 40 points, she already was way ahead at the top of the scoring averages before this game.

Reply #274509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah 2 times in 3 years Eastern will win the Halls and not get a finals game

Reply #274533 | Report this post

Disappointed Fan  
Years ago

I thought it was the coaches job to keep control of the Woody"s players. They are more out of control at the moment than at any point last year?

Reply #274546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern will play finals anon, just wait untill Steph and Alex get back along with Madgen firing still

Reply #274547 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Davidsons has made a comfortable living playing the instigator and its a part of sport so Woodville have to control the emotion. Parents need to let their boys fight their own battles especially on a court. Dads not going to be around forever and you have to be able to stand on his own two feet. I would place a two game ban on the parent if it went down as mentioned.
If you want to meet him on his thug level I suggest next time they play West when Davidson is looking up at a high rebound he not too close too a Warriors player should elbow him to the jaw on the box out or on a jump shot move your feet under his so when he lands he twists his ankle or when he is playing defense up and under elbow him to the head or if he's playing defense on the inbounder as hard as you can throw the ball into his face - I like this one in particular. These are all taken from the book:Dirty Play 101 by Davidson.

Reply #274551 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Davidsons has made a comfortable living playing the instigator and its a part of sport so Woodville have to control the emotion. Parents need to let their boys fight their own battles especially on a court. Dads not going to be around forever and you have to be able to stand on his own two feet. I would place a two game ban on the parent if it went down as mentioned.
If you want to meet him on his thug level I suggest next time they play West when Davidson is looking up at a high rebound he not too close too a Warriors player should elbow him to the jaw on the box out or on a jump shot move your feet under his so when he lands he twists his ankle or when he is playing defense up and under elbow him to the head or if he's playing defense on the inbounder as hard as you can throw the ball into his face - I like this one in particular. These are all taken from the book:Dirty Play 101 by Davidson.

Reply #274552 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Toughen up princess! Geez if my Dad did that, I would be embarrassed to say the least...

Reply #274561 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Get the facts correct before you start making comments about players. The father did not ask Davidson out for a fight!!!!!!!! The father had also left before the game finished!!!!!!!
Egel was actually still on bench when father left!!!!!!

Reply #274578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Father left because the referee moved him off the court and out the door - right out the door

Reply #274580 | Report this post

AKA goose  
Years ago

OK, lets get a few facts straight:

Yes. The reaction was incorrect and yes I am a goose, dickhead, whatever!!!!!!!!

No. The player was not invited outside "to fight" I am not that silly, a goose maybe, but not that silly, he would probably kick my ar.. !!
He was actually invited for a drink to discuss his folly on the basketball court, after vthe game.

No. It was not to stick up for the son, he is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself, trust me I have seen it..

No. I was not adverse to leaving the stadium as I was already on my way out. The so call "Match referree" (from West Adelaide I might add)and I were having a civil discussion as why he should approach me to leave. By his own admission, he really didn't know.
No foul language was used at anytime.

It was that i could no longer abide the incompetance of the Umpiring on the night. They had let a lot of things slip by that was going to lead to players tempers over flowing as it did as well as my own.
I also found it abhorrent that the Umpires Observers could sit and laugh at each situation as it arose.

This so called "West Player" never seems to stop whinging, eveing when he gets a foul.If he shut his his mouth and played like the basketballer he is, he would get greatr respect from the playing fraternity and soectators alike.

Now..................

I appologise to the Woodville Basketball Club and its supporters and I will cop what ever punishment they deem neccessary.
I no longer have an respect for BASA or its Officials for the way in which they allow those same Officials to butcher the game!!!

Oh, and all these comments are out in the open, now you all know who I am, I don't hide behind names like "Anon, Player23, Omar little......." you got issues, face me personally and I will be happy to discuss them over a coffee with you.

Now I expect you all to head off to Facebook or Twatter or wherever you have your discussions

Reply #274584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AKA Goose, might I remind you the game referee is one of the top referees in the state and has been on the noational panels for some time.

I would suggest he had full control of the game. Whilst you cant control every player on the court - WE ARE PLAYING SENIOR BASKETBALL - this does not excuse you from acting like a parent at an U10's match on a saturday morning.

The Games commisioner that told you to leave was probably directed to do so by the referee.

Reply #274586 | Report this post

wrong  
Years ago

The "match referee" was Nathan Wieland and is originally from Wood ville not West

ha ha ha

Reply #274590 | Report this post

AKA goose  
Years ago

You may remind all you like, I have never heard of him.you must agree however, that he has a lot of work to do with his charges.

My appologies as I could not remember the "Terminology" used.

The "Games Commissioner" was the one I was speaking with who had no idea (in his own words) as to the reason for the request to leave.

and yes "Anonymous" (who ever you are) "this does not excuse you from acting like a parent at an U10's match on a saturday morning"

Never said it did mate!!!

Reply #274597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you stop hitting the POST button 3 times?

Reply #274601 | Report this post

AKA goose  
Years ago

NO. it is a work computer IT issue. i hit once and I get two more in..........for free

Reply #274603 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

LOL, well i think that maybe Nathan Wieland should speak to the BSA Officiating Manager...

Now that would be an interesting conversation... LOL!

Reply #274604 | Report this post

wrong  
Years ago

That's fine but if the Referee (Nathan?) felt that you were mis behaving as a spectator and asked the games commisioner to remove you from the venue then of course the games commisioner would say "I have no idea" if you asked him why you were being removed.

That person was not the person, wanting you removed

The fact is you have admitted to acting like a bit of a fool so perhaps it would be a good idea to stay home if you cant just enjoy the game without trying to get involved

Remember you have no official role and so should just shut your mouth

Reply #274605 | Report this post

wrong  
Years ago

lol
think it might be the user mate, only got one reply that time!!!

a good tradesman never blames his tools....

Reply #274606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games commissioners are appointed by their own clubs and are usually the volunteer that makes sure the courts are set up, scoresheets are gathered and other type admin type jobs through out the night, the one who organises floor wipers, and is ultimately responsible to make the games happen. Their rule knowledge would not tell them that when a specatator walks onto the court it is an automatic ejection from the playing arena. I cringe when I see a parent run on to the court at juniors when their children fall over. To know that a parent has walked on to court in an ABA game is beyond belief.

Reply #274610 | Report this post

wrong  
Years ago

Based on what you wrote, you have admitted to walking on to the court because you were not happy with the umpiring - I think it should have been obvious why you were asked to leave

the game certainly does not need idiots like you

----------------------

Yes. The reaction was incorrect and yes I am a goose, dickhead, whatever!!!!!!!!

No. The player was not invited outside "to fight" I am not that silly, a goose maybe, but not that silly, he would probably kick my ar.. !!
He was actually invited for a drink to discuss his folly on the basketball court, after vthe game.

No. It was not to stick up for the son, he is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself, trust me I have seen it..

No. I was not adverse to leaving the stadium as I was already on my way out. The so call "Match referree" (from West Adelaide I might add)and I were having a civil discussion as why he should approach me to leave. By his own admission, he really didn't know.
No foul language was used at anytime.

It was that i could no longer abide the incompetance of the Umpiring on the night. They had let a lot of things slip by that was going to lead to players tempers over flowing as it did as well as my own.
I also found it abhorrent that the Umpires Observers could sit and laugh at each situation as it arose.

Reply #274611 | Report this post

AKA goose  
Years ago

didn't walk on to the Court.....get it right!

and

yes I was "a bit of a fool" but that doesn't excuse the performances on and off the Court does it?

Reply #274615 | Report this post

AKA goose  
Years ago

so who is doing all the post deleting then???

Reply #274618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you not the same goose that was asked to leave after have a few too many things to say to Al Green at a game????? it seems like you dont know when to put a zip on it .......

Reply #274626 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mate I was at the game and I saw you invite him out for a fight - as did most of the people there (and I'm sure the game video will also display you being a goose).

And by the way - why would a player want to join you for a drink (as you say) as the game was still going. Brad was too busy to join you for a drink he was busy kicking your son's arse! Lucky he diddn't kick yours...

Maybe you should ban yourself from going to games if you feel you have to act like a tool.

Reply #274628 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

seeing and hearing are 2 very different things, bit like chinese whispers which always ends up WRONG

Reply #274630 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

this is reflect of woody culture that has no discipline or firm leadership from the top. lack of professional management is continually displayed. time for club to totallly restructure and get strong leadership in place nothing changes and along they move sooner merge with magic /west happens the better new blood new connection new directions change bring it on woody because times are moving without you suggest other clubs need major shake up as well - tigers have shown way forward clubs got to get active progressive no point treading water - look at the leaders eagles sturt norwood always at the lead of change structures in place and disciplined
reduce teams 8 team compete centrals / north merge and south /tigers and away we go tiger land top venue starplex a winner progressive ideas lets more forward - and while at it BSA need to reconnect with clubs and promote promote - need news to get people to clubs games not the negative crap about - poor decision by somebody move on get to root cause discipline direction
be another club next time - let not bash club lets build peer support system to improve - take leave from rugby junior program best program zero tolerance in the land dont start me here but VIC and suggest NSL are leaders in proactive decision making to get club structure in place at all levels lets get forum of ideas in place and build level of man. that have safety mechanisms in place that permeate throughout the sport.isolated clubs new structures cos rome was build from bottom up and so was sydney harbour bridge rocket science it aint

Reply #274653 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Interesting to say the least, coming from completely different area of sport and I will repeat SPORT, how is it that some players can go out and play dirty and get away with it no questions asked.
I also point out that it is as said a SENIOR BASKETBALL GAME but that does not give anybody the right to go out and deliberately hit people, THAT DEFINATELY IS NOT SPORTS.
So many of the players who like to whinge and play dirty are decent sort of players if they cut the whining and dirty play they may enjoy the SPORT for a change and so may the Spectators.
The REFS are quite interesting as well to watch as they laugh or engage in a conversation on court, it would have to be the most UNPROFESSIONAL thing to see in Basketball at this level.
Amazing how some people say no discipline or team leadership within a club BUT a club that plays dirty has nothing said about them. Pretty poor effort if you can only beat teams by using the dirty method all game.

Reply #274659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FWIW, I am the one deleting Goose's duplicate replies.

Reply #274694 | Report this post

Woody Fan  
Years ago

I have read what has been written. The Woodville mens, U20, U18 were building a progam last year. The coach had vision for the future and was playing the kids with a view to developing them. Part of the reason he was shot down was that the players had no discipline.
The committee had no vision and bought into the players.Now the kids are not being played or picked in the team and we are not winning either?
The players have a lot to answer for.
It was suppose to be a winning season at St Clair?
The sooner the merger comes and new blood hits the committee and pushes off players and parents with there own agendas the better.

Reply #274737 | Report this post

Disgrace  
Years ago

AKA Goose, I think WRONG is Nathan's mum. She fights his battles and is a Woodville committee member. Your oy had better find another club.

Reply #274740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disgrace you better check your facts on that

Reply #274746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #274781 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Does any1 know wen we mite see stats up 4 the Mens Woody 'V' West game on Sat nite.... its now tuesday and still nothing, pretty poor i think!!!

Reply #274782 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Oh, and all these comments are out in the open, now you all know who I am, I don't hide behind names like "Anon, Player23, Omar little......." you got issues, face me personally and I will be happy to discuss them over a coffee with you.
No you hide behind a name AKA Goose, because you are a Goose, at least you can admitt it. I have no problem with you Goose, we all get fired up at times and even heckle other players/umpires/coaches but surely you know that doing what you did is a no no!
I would still be embarassed if my Dad did that! ;)

Reply #274789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woody fan I think you might like to know that Magic are still having talks with west as they dont want to merge with woodvile......

Reply #274821 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So centrals didn't want him and niether do woodville.
He could be a decent ABL back up at the least...
- not if you have to put up with the baggage his father brings....

Reply #274842 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

#737 please explain more as you seem in the know about the program was it reaping rewards why wont you let it continue well know woodies dev rate with junior
merger plans are positive news and signal fresh energy

Reply #274881 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows who that young guard 4 woodville was on Sat nite, i only saw the 2nd half but played a pretty good game both on D and O i thought... can any1 help??

Reply #275304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754