Manos
Years ago

State champs pools out Apr 26th?

Website says 26th - cant find anything?

Topic #22841 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think you'll find being the public holiday, the boys are enjoying a spot of fishing

Reply #275429 | Report this post

i carumba  
Years ago

dont make promises you cant keep

Reply #275439 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

I promise to spit on you I Carumba. Shouldn't make that because I can't keep it. I have no idea who you are in the same way you have no idea who I am.

Then again I wouldn't waste my spittle on you anyway

Reply #275440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harry grow up.

Today was always going to be a public holiday and it would have been simple for BSA to list the date as tomorrow and not the 26th.

Another example of laziness from that office.

Reply #275444 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oversight more than laziness in this case?

Reply #275458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laziness

Reply #275461 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Yeah, Laziness;

They couldn't be bothered putting the correct date up, the extra effort to type the 7 instead of the 6 was waaaaay too much.

Of course it's oversight.

Reply #275489 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Is it really big deal? The answer is no

Why dont you all just be paitent like everyone else

If you want to keep complaining about it then why dont u put your hand up and volunteer to help out around the Basketball SA office

Reply #275494 | Report this post

Europa 27  
Years ago

Offered and told not needed!

Reply #275498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One day is not the end of the world and as I live with my own mistakes daily, cut them some slack.

Reply #275503 | Report this post

Mimas  
Years ago

Would be fine if they were actually out today.

Reply #275505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which they are

Reply #275508 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

BSA have not done a bad job for a change. Like everything, some of the rankings are a bit up for grabs, but generally OK.

Interesting to see how much perceived bias there will be with the draws. ie Home teams playing out of home stadiums. Would be good to see it mixed up a bit, but I expect a lot of Eagles teams will play all their games at Wayville and likewise with Sturt at Pasadena.

BTW is the Dome getting used this year?

Reply #275522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't mind if they do play at home but let's at least mix up the refs and have Pasadena say based at morphett vale etc etc

Reply #275540 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good point

Reply #275542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How could BSA rank the Mount Gambier team number 1 in the Under 16 Girls. This now has the 3 of the top 4 SA Distrit team in the one pool.

Reply #275564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The U 16 girls is not a strong group this year so the seeding of Mount Gambier one,is not unreasonable.

Reply #275569 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's a shame there are not more country teams in the mix to make it a true state champs.

Reply #275570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is unreasonable to seed any team on assumptions and heresay and basically give them a free ticket to the Classics

Reply #275577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought F/ville, Eastern and Sturt had nominated!!!

Reply #275578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True those three teams have nominated and your point is?

Reply #275592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they represent the country

Reply #275613 | Report this post

Where do you find the seeding information ?

Reply #275614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always say you're working well when you have to explain your lame jokes...

Reply #275622 | Report this post

Demios  
Years ago

Mt. Gambier Ranked 1. Common, when was the last time a country team was good enough to go to classics? Ever. Bet making this helps some and hinders others! How can you make this sort of assumption with any credibility. Forstville will clean them up easy, Sturt too I would think. Both teams have multiple State players one would think.

Reply #275627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The number of state players from two clubs underlines the average standard of this present U16 group who don't compare favorably with past seasons thus supporting the seeding of the country team. Some fair judges have seeded Mt Gambier first so let's wait and see.

Reply #275644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll be keen to see how the Mount go...

Reply #275649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has this Mt Gambier team done to deserve the number 1 ranking and force the three of the top 4 Metro sides into one side of the pool?

My bet is the Top 4 Metro sides would clean them up yet we wont know as they have been handed the top seed and only play one of the top 4 sides to make the Semi Finals.

Reply #275651 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Time will tell

Reply #275652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did norwood nit enter any teams in under twenty mens

Reply #275660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are rules for players moving between State and Reserve competition but what rules exist in Reserves competition where there are two teams from one club nominated for the teams to be switched to get the strongest team in the easier pool. I can see a couple of obvious examples where this may be a temptation.

Reply #275730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another ? - How many U20 ABA / Div 2 players will be slotted back into U20 teams and Div 1 players moving into Div 2???

Reply #275731 | Report this post

Dione 90  
Years ago

Surely if this is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS all teams should be able to put their best group on the floor.

Otherwise it would not be a useful competition. Just another weekend of games. The weekly comp is for improving and this tournament is for performing.

If it was a real State Championship, it would be 1 grade, open to anyone who wanted to enter. Metro, Country, Social, etc.

Reply #275743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is about time you city folk start accepting the fact that country kids can play the game just as good if not better than you. Mount gambier most deservedly are ranked no 1 in U16 girls. i saw them play in Adelaide in country champs and won the final by 40points. what i reckon you should be grateful for is i believe a couple of them play in the district comp and will not play for this team in the champs, cause if they had there full team the rest of us might be a little embarrased by there abilities. looking around the u/16 comp most teams have at least 1 or 2 country kids in there best 6 or 7 anyway. it is thew state championships let them all play, and lets see who is the best.

Reply #276029 | Report this post

lo 59  
Years ago

anon,

Sturt and Forestville dont have country players, and they are clearly in front of everyone else.

Mavs have 4 or 5 country kids and are about 20 poins off the pace.

Reply #276041 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's a long way to come from Mt Gambier every weekend to play ball!

Who do these girls play for?

The problem with a lot of country association teams is the lack of game practice as a team. Some associations chuck a group of players together a couple of weeks before a carnival, get a parent to coach and go for it. Others, have a pretty good programme. MG are one of those associations.

Every so often people whinge and complain about Victorian teams being taller, better etc. That is because they have a larger talent pool to draw from. Each District club has a pool of about 100,000 population to draw from and there is around 300 to 400,000 people in SA living in rural areas.

I would suggest that if those country areas were split into 3 or 4 zones of roughly 100,000 population and then the best players from living in those areas played for that team, then some of those teams would cream any Adelaide club team (without their country players)

For example, I would suggest that a combined team selected from the talents of Pt Lincoln, Whyalla, Roxby, Pt Augusta and Pt Pirie (around 100,000 population) would wipe and Adelaide team off the court.

Reply #276043 | Report this post

Charon 58  
Years ago

Great, lets take that philosophy to Nationals. We should be able to combine metro into 4 clubs and clean up.

Club size is not determined by population, but rather by administration ability. Some country associaitons are the same size as metro clubs, if not bigger.

Maybe the metor clubs should be allowed to combine for U14 Nationals?

Reply #276044 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

I believe any club team country or metro should play in state champs, it would be great to play against different people instead of the regulars, but i also believe that the SA country association don't contribute financially to BSA so why should they compete in an association they don't support?
Heres a thought why don't i make up my own team and throw it in the champs and see how it goes!!
Now i am being silly but what is stopping someone from doing that, get a few disgruntled people from random clubs find a coach and you could almost put together a state team!
Imagine if someone did that for the 14's Nationals
Food for thought

Reply #276046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think maybe you are all getting carried away because Sturt U12 boys would cane this average year level of girls which includes the country lasses. Let Mt Gambier compete without the nonsense and prove the rankings wrong on the court .

Reply #276048 | Report this post

Charon 58  
Years ago

That sfine, but it effects the seedings for classics and they should occupy the next postion which would drastically alter the pools and affect some teams rather than others.

Wonder which club is affected the most and which the least?

Reply #276051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's it matter?

Win the thing and get the call up to Classics, dont come anywhere and dont go anywhere...

Reply #276054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mavs are not 20 popints off, they beat forestville the other week, regardless off people missing like Jess Trimbole, she is going to be missing for a very long time

Reply #276900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754