Do some work
Years ago

State champ programme

Supposed to be out last Friday, then they gave themselves an extension until 5pm today, it's now 6pm and nothing.

Not good enough!!

Topic #22894 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

give it a bloody rest.
State Champs are still 2 weeks away for christ sake and as all teams are local bar one I think you can rest assured that if your team is nominated you will be playing.

Reply #276151 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

If teams can't make up their mind whether they are going to compete or not, you can't do the draw. Get over it.

Reply #276152 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Do you understand how much work would be required into making an entire tournament, especially when last i heard there was still some discussion as to what stadiums can and cant be used.

Give them a break, it is hard work

Reply #276154 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL,
The cynic in me says "Expect a dream run for the Eagles teams"
The realist in me say, "BSA has sufficient integrity to ensure that the draw is balanced and no club is disadvantaged (except Mavs and Lions)"

Reply #276158 | Report this post

give it a rest  
Years ago

surely if they give a timeline they would adhere to it - like they expect clubs to do and then carry on
yes team are plasnning but people have other commitments to work around and if we get notive uit can be worked out - so get act together.
do some clubs get special treatment -if check bylaws that not the case - sure we will travel again to every outreach and beyond and not see home until the cows come home - if only wayville was closer - it is a glorious venue for the chosen ones - lions and mavs disadvantaged join the club tigers are lost cubs in the wilderness as well
would be good to see the draw as promised - so to te clubs who send in late nminations get organised and dont blame anybody but yourselves

Reply #276161 | Report this post

filthy mexican  
Years ago

I spoke to BSA today, there were issues with 2 clashes so that was redrafted and it will be out before 12pm (noon) tomorrow

Reply #276166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be holding my breath!!!

My roster at work gets done for next weekend before 12 noon tomorrow, guess I won't be playing many games next weekend

Reply #276170 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It would be a logistical nightmare. 192 teams each with a min. of 4 games means 384 minor round games + finals.

Probably around 420 - 440 games all up?

Expect the stadiums will be run non-stop and the only ones used with be the usual BSA stadiums

Am I correct in assuming that MARS, Starplex and MBRC won't get used as BSA have to pay court hire? Whereas, Wayville, Pasadena, Morphett Vale are considered "rent free" or "rent already paid for"?

Reply #276175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year Starplex and Mt Barker were used on the Friday night. Mars Friday and Saturday morning from memory.

Depending on byes and the number of teams in a pool I'm expecting at the very least a game on Friday night, 3 games Saturday and hopefully 2 games Sunday. Not sure about Thursday night but if I was working retail or something I'd ask for Thursday night off just to be safe.

Reply #276176 | Report this post

typical  
Years ago

who cares tbh

Reply #276193 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Programme is up on web

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=68

Reply #276198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, the dream run is certainly for Forestville 16 girls who have 3 home games and no Saturday morning game. Where does Paul coach again???????? Just coincidental that the eagles get the dream draw for the 7th state champs in a row me thinks.
The rubbish in the division play in the hills, the coast and all places in between.

Reply #276209 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

That would be the most insulting comment I have seen posted for a while. To call some Junior teams "rubbish" is pretty low.
Forestville, Mav's and North make up the top 4 sides in the U16 girls. Sturt has the easier pool, except for the unknown quality of the Mount Gambier team.
F/ville have girls out with significant injuries..anything coukd happen.

Reply #276219 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There is an afternoon game at Morphett Vale at a respectable time, but certainly no 8:30 game on Sat morning at the Vale which everyone loves!

All that aside, apart from the token 7 games at Starplex and 8 games in the Adelaide Hills, the most "hostile" court is Marion. Of the 35 games programmed there, South feature in 28 of them (80%) The "least hostile" is Port Adelaide. Of the 48 games scheduled, West feature in just 58%.

Southern should not complain. Of their 20 teams, 38 of the 55 scheduled games at the Vale feature Southern (1,9 home games per team) Norwood get 0,8 home games per team and Mavs & Centrals both 0.5.

For all the who ha, Eagles feature in 35 of 51 of the scheduled games at Wayville (69%) and enjoy 1.35 home games per team. Sturt feature in 44 of 58 games at Pasadena (76%) and enjoy 1.69 home games per team.

Looking at it, you would argue that Southern and Sturt enjoy a good number of home games per team and the clubs kicking against the breeze are Mavs, Centrals, and Norwood. Eagles are middle of the road.

Reply #276229 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

BTW, 255 of 356 games feature a home club playing at their home stadium (72% of games) and this represents an average of 1.27 "home games" per team.

Reply #276230 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

Jack love ur work but you obviously don't have a job to go to !!!!

Reply #276247 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL, it breaks up the boredom of the day listening to people

Reply #276249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Jack you admit your a BSA worker.........

Reply #276254 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No, don't work for BSA, does anyone?

Reply #276295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all games should be a neutral venues, so that teams from clubs without basa owned stadium don't get disadvantaged!!

Reply #276297 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Anonymous

Next year you can volunteer your time to sit down work out the fixture for state champs

What disadvantage is there for teams to play against a side like forestville at Wayville???

Is it all the travelling??? Because travelling less then 1 hour for child to play basketball can effect their fatigue levels

Get over it guys, there is no disadvantage or advantage for any club here in SA

Reply #276373 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

It's nice to see people passionate about their teams and clubs, but jeez, if you go to Mildura or Melbourne to play, home court is of little interest, let alone travel.......

Reply #276445 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754