hurley
Years ago

Hope For Bogut in World Champs?

hey guys, just read a new article about Andrew Bogut.. and about his availibility... it sounds as though there is still hope... he feels he will hjave healed by Late June early July... I understand the World Champs is late August? anyways heres the link... tell me what u make of it

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/bogut-to-make-call-on-world-titles-soon-20100504-u5ww.html

Topic #22913 | Report this topic

Joshuapending  
Years ago

No hope, just don't think the Bucks would let him and personally I think he should just get 100% so he will be good to go next season. Last thing we need is for him to push to play, have a setback and the bucks become more reluctant to give him their ok in the future.

It would be nice to have him play I just don't it's realistic.

Reply #276457 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Milwaukee will never allow him to play in the world champs following this type injury,

Reply #276469 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Brett Brown sounds like he is already resigned to putting a red line through his name.

Reply #276470 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I wonder whos call it actually is tho, and whether IF he did get injured again at the world champs, it would effect his pay...

If it Boguts call and he gets paid if injured, I don't see why he wouldn't have a crack.

Reply #276474 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

its the bucks call.

Reply #276483 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No chance.

"Bucks center Andrew Bogut has played for the Australian national team, but won't be able to this summer after suffering a dislocated elbow, sprained wrist and two broken fingers.

A formal announcement on Bogut’s absence from the Australian team is expected within the next couple of weeks."

Reply #276485 | Report this post

Sixers2010  
Years ago

On a side note RE Bogut. I just read that he missed out on making the first and second NBA All-Defensive Teams this season. A little harsh I would have thought. His defense won them close to 20 games on the trot midway through the season and was probably the most feared defender in the post other than Dwight Howard. Do you guys think they need to get rid of the positions in the all defensive team and perhaps even the All first, second and third regular teams and just make them the best 5 players regardless of position? Because Bogut would probably feature in most people's top 6 or 7 defenders from this season but because he has to compete against Howard and Duncan he doesn't get any formal recognition.

Reply #276495 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

No chance. The Bucks won't allow it and risk there biggest star.

Bogut is best to get himself completely healthy and tear up the league next season along with that PG star that boomed this season.

Reply #276525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754