Jack Toft
Years ago

R8 ABL Action

Mavs-Flames @ MB

Men: I said earlier this year that Flames were pretty good, but Mavs should be better. It's pretty cold at Mt Barker this time of year, particularly if there’s no hair on ya head - bring a beanie flameboys.
Womens: Lady Flames have too much cunning for the Tess show. Tess will get her usual bag, but Flamettes will celebrate a win.

Tigers-Warriors @ Vale
Men: The Warriors might be in awe of how a stadium should look like and the Tigers might get the jump early. Tigers were Goodenough to beat Sturt, need to hammer the home court advantage to get the points.
Women: Warriors had a good win last week, but a week is a long time in basketball. Tigeresses to ensure the celebration is over.

Lions-Sabres @ 'Plex
Men: An upset win would give the Lions a much needed boost and would elevate them to smokey status. Scotty, if your boys are down +20 at 3QT, clear then bench.
Women: Top vs Bottom is a no brainer. For the Lionesses to win, the Sturt girls need to get lost or turn up late, but don’t all new cars come with Navmans these days?

Eagles-Panthers @ Wayville
Eagles shouldn’t drop a set in either game. Panthers are the big improvers this season, but Eagles too strong at home.

North-West @ Hillcrest
Men: Could go either way, but North need to attach their rudder quickly if they want to be serious.
Women: North looking shaky and should be no match for the West girls.

Topic #22919 | Report this topic

The Banker  
Years ago

My tips are

Mavs-Flames @ MB
Men: Norwood
Women: Mavs

Tigers-Warriors @ Vale
Men: Southern
Women: Warriors

Lions-Sabres @ 'Plex
Men: Sturt
Women: Sturt

Men: Eagles
Women: Eagles

North-West @ Hillcrest
Men: West Adelaide
Women: West Adeladie

Reply #276559 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I noticed Zorich didn't play last week for North and the rumour is that Kersten has quite, any truth to this?

Reply #276596 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

*that should read quit!

Reply #276597 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

Tiger women wont beat woodville.

I didnt see the game but the stats were very average for the tigers.
Woodville will still be celebrating.

Mavs to beat Lady Flames....that will be a big upset with Foley back, but possible.

Mavs-Flames @ MB
Men: Norwood
Women: Norwood

Tigers-Warriors @ Vale
Men: Wariors
Women: Warriors

Lions-Sabres @ 'Plex
Men: Sturt
Women: Sturt

Men: Eagles
Women: Eagles

North-West @ Hillcrest
Men: North
Women: North

Reply #276616 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Shame if Rhino has pulled the pin.

Reply #276635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Pero Vasiljevic playing this week for the Rockets???

Reply #276636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kersten has decided to stop playing.

Zorich was away I think.

Pero is a machine.

Reply #276640 | Report this post

Softys  
Years ago

Expect to see Sturt absolutely dominate the Lions in the mens. They are a far superior unit and Centrals have shown themselves to be very soft so far this year. No doubt the coaching staff are pulling their hair out over disappointing attitudes the players have shown.

Sturt on the other hand could play their bench and win, in fact, that's pretty much what happened last year!!

Reply #276660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West by 5 over North at the launch pad in the mens. Bond with some serious stroke, Hambour good for North, but West just held them out. Great game.

Reply #276721 | Report this post

Swampy  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted at author's request.)

Reply #276722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SO who won in the womens and by how much?

Reply #276734 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

Sturt smashing centrals at splex. What are centrals doing? Carlin only 14 mins (5 of 6). They are not using their strengths at all, and there import Peedock stinks. I think I saw Ben Todd on the court also, wow? They are going backwards because over the last 2 seasons I thought they did ok, but 1 and 7 makes no sense. They are really missing Humphries scoring punch, and guys like Carlin need more minutes. Todd should step down and maybe the coach also if he continues developing the team the way he is. Absolutely terrible

Reply #276736 | Report this post

Swampy  
Years ago

West by at least 7

Reply #276737 | Report this post

todd lover  
Years ago

wtf your comments are interesting and maybe uneducated. Lions won 8 games last year and ben todd started in every single one of them.

you then seem to be surprised to him him playing.

Your comments about dave and carlin have a lot more merrit

Reply #276742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to the Lions women, they certainly stunned sturt, winning the first quarter and only losing by 15 in the end. Was a fantastic game by the girls. Not the blow out everyone expected. Keep it up girls.

Reply #276744 | Report this post

Rhea 12  
Years ago

Might have had something to do with Sturt having 6 players missing and their coach giving their juniors plenty of court time.

Wouldn't think that it really translates to optimism necessarily.

Reply #276746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhea 12, I don't care who was missing, the girls played a fantastic game. Taking nothing away from Sturt, they are a class act - right through the juniors I believe...so if i choose to be 'optimistic' in supporting the Lions, this was def the game to be proud of their effort. No matter who or who wasn't playing for Sturt.

Reply #276747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PS by the looks of it, Sturt had pretty much the same team they played against West, minus Brooke and Hannah.

Reply #276748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when will the lions start to win a few games? I heard jacob and bolton are coming back soon so that will give them alot of help.
Also when will humphreys be coming back or is he not playing no more?

Reply #276766 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Need to give more time to Diesel. Time to focus on next season for the men

Reply #276771 | Report this post

bereft  
Years ago

wonder why it takes NABC to submit their results and stats, it seems each time games are played at Hillcrest we get neither on line stats and wait till late on sunday before we get the results posted on sporting pulse. Surely if Centrals,Woodville, Southern, South, Sturt and Eastern can organise themselves with internet connection or submit results on the night so too can North.

Reply #276774 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Bereft - I think that sums up North this season, fullstop

Reply #276776 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

I agree about Ben Todd, top fella, but too slow to keep up with the quicker guards, time to develop the younger players, Lions 1st five this season has stunk, always well behind before 1st subs.

I agree that Pidock does'nt like getting near the offensive boards,Daniel makes a big difference everytime he gets on court in limited minutes.

Matchups were not good on Saturday night,at one stage we had 3 guards matched up on talls, and Jacob was killing us until Zane Reeves finally came on court and matched up well on him,after half time again Zane not on Jacob = almost all Sturts points came from Jacob after half time.
Similar thing happened when we played West and Molitar dominated until Lions were 19 down and Zane then kept him quiet when he was on the court and with Carlin's injection got them back in the game.

I'm a bit dissapointed in the coaching this season.

Reply #276781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I second Willie's comments on Toddy, he is a great fella but it's time to go and give the minutes to someone that can help in the future. Coach needs to move on if he does'nt pick it up with better rotations and development.

Reply #276783 | Report this post

SG  
Years ago

I would have thought that Daniel Carlin would start for the Lions? and now I see online that he has been used very rarely. This is how we develop the up and coming stars of SA?

a starting line up of
PG: Clarke (Give someone like Ramiah Simpson a go at backup PG)
SG: Humphries
SF: Reeves
PF: Pidock/Parker if pidcock does'nt harden up
C: Carlin
6th man Atkins

would be good and you still have a guy like Todd in at 10th or 11th for support to the youngsters. The coach there needs to really look at the youth now and with guys coming back this month from the States like Bolton and Templeton they could be added to the line up(if this is the case then Toddy should play reserves) They have a good team on paper overall and they should be contesting games like Sturt. I guess give the coach 1 more game to get the rotations right or don't re-sign him next season.

Reply #276788 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Looks like I was'nt the only one to question the Lions rotations, a well credential'd coach sitting next to me also was critical.

I thought Daniel Cioffi and Dan Wilson had pretty reasonable games(Dan W needs to take more shots), but Jacob Templeton's speed, attack and versatility from last season has been sorely missed.

Lachie Parker is a good honest player, but seems to have spurts of fumbling/slipping at times (and the flattest shot in the ABL, it's called air Lachie).

Young Scott Rose finally got some court time right at the end of the game and finished off some good plays (3 from 3?).

Reply #276822 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Daniel Cioffi is Back???

Reply #276828 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

Where next for the Lions? Do you get rid of Whitmore and start fresh? New import? Who knows, but the bottom line is something needs to be done. Put them on notice at splex unless they get some wins!!!!! Surely you would get more from Carlin than Pidock and guys like Carlin have been with the club since junior days, where as Pidock is just passing through for a short stay.

Reply #276832 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Sorry his cousin the "other Cioffi"

Reply #276865 | Report this post

titan 76  
Years ago

i just checked the stats for the season and just to be fair Pidcock is averaging a shade under 14 points and 10 rebounds per game... those seems like good numbers for someone who apparently "stinks"? granted i have yet to see centrals play this year but i think this criticism may be a bit extreme

Reply #276960 | Report this post

Pidcock  
Years ago

Pidcock averages under 14 meaning in the 13's and for an import that is Shite!!!! 10 rebounds is ok but I dont think he has that either. Oh well looks like he wont be here next season.

Reply #277070 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754