billo
Years ago

Suns V Lakers Series

There seems to be precious little chat here on what's turning into a ball tearer of a playoff series. Lakers hold serve easily in the first 2 games, the Suns then do the same thing on their home court before it heads back to LA for game 5.

I followed most of today's game online before heading to the Sony shop on Rundle street at lunch time to catch the final few amazing mintues. Big shot after big shot, Nash hitting a couple of fade away jumpers on Gasol, Artest taking and missing an ill advised three that must have had Jackson fuming, Pau blows a dunk with 20 seconds left that would have sealed it, then the Suns have 3 (three!) shots at the game tying triple before Richardson finally banks one from a few metres outside to tie it up with less than 4 seconds remaining.

Everyone in the building knows Kobe's going to shoot it, and he does, but it goes no where near and Artest gathers a tough rebounds a makes a tough put back to win the game as the siren blows. Villian to hero in 3 seconds flat. Bitter pill to swallow for the Suns who were down almost all of the game but they've gotta be feeling pretty good about game 6.

Bring on Sunday morning.

Topic #23050 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Hopefully the suns win the next one and push it to 7 games. The playoffs have been really dull up until this series.

Reply #278386 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Another interesting thing about this series is Kobe's effort of going for the NBA record of the most consecutive almost triple doubles. He's currently sitting at 3.

Game 3 - 36, 9 & 11
Game 4 - 38, 7 & 10
Game 5 - 30, 9 & 11

And his first couple of games were pretty tidy as well.

Game 1 - 40, 5 & 5
Game 2 - 21, 5 & 13

His averages for the series are 33, 7 and 10 which is pretty remarkable.

Reply #278387 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Today's game (last quarter mainly) was probably the best nba game i have seen in a long time.

Although after the suns bench strong performance last game i do not know why they had so little court time in the first 3 quarters.

Reply #278388 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Turning into an amazing series. Kobe has been on fire all throughout. I'd love to see a Game 7 and a Suns win though...

Now we need the Magic to win game 6 and make that series interesting as well! Can they come back from 0-3 down - I hope they can! Go Magic!

Reply #278389 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Ohh man, if you want proof that boxing out wins basketball games, look no further then the final seconds of game 5..
No excuses Jrich!

Reply #278403 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Fark you Lakers :-(

Reply #278413 | Report this post

Chucker  
Years ago

Pau got hacked on that dunk attempt, but he did try and go too hard. Would have been dunk of the playoffs if he got it, he was a looooong way out.

I don't think the Lakers will keep #37 next year if they can find any takers ( I'm a fan, I can hope that someone wants Ron-ron)

Reply #278423 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

This has been a very entertaining series - I love watching these 2 teams play. The fourth quarter in game 5 was unbelievable and it's been awesome watching Kobe and Nash throughout the series.

Ron Artest is completely crazy - he didn't make alot of sense when being interviewed by Craig Sager after the game as to what he was thinking when taking that ill-advised 3-pt shot.

Channing Frye seems like the Oscar Foreman of the NBA - I remember seeing Frye when the University of Arizona played an exibition game against Sturt at Pasadena and he seemed like he was developing a good post game then. I guess Phoenix transforms players into spot-up three point shooters, no matter their size!

Reply #278439 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I like a good guarantee...

Reply #278443 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Reply #278450 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Kobe was ridiculous in the 4th quarter today. Nothing the Suns could have done about some of those jumpshots. But still... Lakers vs. Celtics again. Boooring.

/queue people saying "it's a famous rivalry and it's good for the game, blah blah blah."

/starts looking forward to next season.

Reply #278475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hereschenes u r a hom0

Reply #278483 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Celtics v Lakers is great, its only 2 in 3 of recent years.

Reply #278486 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Goran Dragic is going to be a star. If they can hold him, the Suns have the PG spot wrapped up when Nash retires.
Watched him today school Vujacic on a few possessions.

Reply #278488 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Kobe was insane today. Pauand Odom were useless and Artest dried up. He single handedly made sure they never gave up the lead. Special mention to Fisher for a couple of big buckets too.

Reply #278489 | Report this post

Tiger  
Years ago

Kobe was amazing in the last. Have seen anyone put shots up like that under pressure Since Jordan in Playoffs.

Go Lakers

Reply #278495 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Yes Kobe was so clutch down the stretch. Im stoked they wrapped it up in six. Sasha will ride the pine against the celtics, that brain fade on dragic almost cost the lakers. that 16 to 4 run by the suns had me on the end of my couch. Go Lakers im pumped, hopefully redemption on boston. its gonna be war. at least 6 games but im feeling a day off for game 7
GO LAKERS

Reply #278497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

today proved y kobe is still better than lebron for the moment

Reply #278498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Garnett breaks his leg... he is the biggest tool in the NBA

Reply #278518 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

MACDUB - I agree that Dragic is a keeper, but schooling Vujacic isn't exactly anything to write home about. Probably one of the worst defenders in the L.

Reply #278520 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

True, he isn't the best defender. I Probably should have referred to the Spurs series when he (Dragic) hit 26 points in just 17 minutes, including 23 points in the final quarter. Amazing effort, especially against a Spurs team that prides itself on its Defence.
That was one hell of an effort. Anyhow, there's no denying he can play that's for sure. Think I might have another favourite player..Lol add him to the list of my other 20 odd haha

Reply #278532 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

As a Spurs fan, I didn't enjoy watching that performance. It was amazing though. I like his game, has some Ginobili elements to how he attacks the rim.

Reply #278549 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think Dragic is the next Nash. You can see alot of Nash in him

Reply #278554 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He certainly looks out of control while being completely in control, ala Nash.

Reply #278556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754