shaka
Years ago

Australian draft picks

With the NBL adopting a 40 minute game last season, does this in anyway increase the chances of NBL players getting drafted by NBA teams?

Topic #23087 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No.
Why would it?

Reply #278853 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Not really. Granted, if a player can maintain a certain level of play in a shorter time span (ie. same rpg and ppg in less minutes) it's certainly a good sign.

Honestly don't think an NBA scout is going to target Australia for shaving 8 minutes from the standard game.

Give a guy 10 minutes on court a game and have him average 15-10 a game in that time and you'll turn some heads overseas.

Reply #278857 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

NBA payroll and scouting relies on efficiency not minutes

Reply #278859 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Anyone know if Jingles n Newley are gonna be in the summer league this year?

Reply #278898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Jingles will be there, he is what, 22 or so and as young as most rookies in the league, I expect him to be trialled somewhere as he is long, lean and athletic. His jump shot and on-ball defence is obviously the worry. As is his strength I'm guessing.

Newley is 25 I would think so I'm not sure on his future at that level. He may play in the Summer but I don't think he will get himself onto a roster. If Kirk Penney can't then he can't.

He is not dangerous enough using a pick and roll and his three ball is inconsistent from that range.

Reply #278975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754