Jonno
Years ago

Ben Magden signs with the kings

just saw on ozhoops that the kings have signed ben magden, im pretty sure he is a SA boy, is he another young SA guy the 36ers have overlooked?? i guess the choice would of been magden vs a guy like Hill, Ng or Herbert, so are these guys better?
What do people think?
anyway glad to see another SA guy in the NBL and i hope he does really well.

Topic #23109 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

magden was on the 36ers roster a few years back i believe?

Reply #279204 | Report this post

Hyooo  
Years ago

Ben Magden, Plays for Eastern Maverics ABL team, Quite a good player if i dont so say myself....

Reply #279211 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Played Div 2 college ball and was a star. Could be a very good NBL player.

Reply #279212 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Ben is averaging 36 % from the field - In the CABL
CABL = Not one of the strongest NBL second tier leauges, hardly any imports or current NBL players. He is putting up average numbers in a average team and struggling when a reasonable defender is put on him.

Reply #279221 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Correct weight and all clear. Signed with Sydney.

http://www.barossaherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/williamstowns-ben-madgen-signs-with-sydney-kings/1852647.aspx

Reply #279228 | Report this post

Anon #279221,

Generally don't get your number retired unless you are a reasonable player.

Sydney Kings don't seem to have an issue about his average FG% in an average team.

Reply #279231 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

Doesn't mean his is an NBL players though.

Just a great player in that particular competition.

The standard of comeptition doesn't necessarily relate.

Reply #279236 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Happy to see him get a job in the league even if it's not in Adelaide. As someone else said, it might've come down to the fact that we already had Hill (has his flaws but has shown reasonable potential already at NBL level) here in Adelaide - who, FWIW, has a similar FG%.

Madgen is 193cm to Hill's 197cm, though he seems to get to the line in the ABA OK.

Reply #279243 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Crocs had him on the radar at one stage...

Reply #279245 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Great to see him get a gig. I can Im-madgen him doing OK.

Reply #279250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
Heyo!

Reply #279252 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Hi folks, I'm the guy that broke the story of Madgen's signing with the Kings and have been following his career for some time. It's completely irrational to evaluate him on his current numbers in the CABL as he's working his way back into the system and only been back in the coutry for a couple of weeks. Having spoken with both Kings GM Bob Turner and their coach Ian Robilliard, they are both big on the kid and seee a real future with him, really that carries more weight than the rants of a few jealous individuals.

Reply #279318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't get too worked up by one or two doubters on here. I'm sure he'll give it a decent shot regardless of what anyone might say.

Reply #279326 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

^^ Here, here

Reply #279328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what price rookie of the year

Reply #279475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

700 to 1

Reply #279483 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #279487 | Report this post

B-Ross  
Years ago

Too bad that Ben Madgens little brother can't play ball hey. ;)

Reply #279766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben played excellent ball here in augusta ga I looked up at the rafters and saw his number retired. He's consistent and aggressive he'll do well. Go get um ben

Reply #311584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754