LG LCD TV reception dies at worst time

Got up this morning to watch Aussies in World Cup, but my LG brand 42 inch LCD wont pick up digital channels!!!!

Was fine last night. Grr!

Is there a software upgrade i need to download, or something?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Topic #23136 | Report this topic

update - can get SBS now (too frigin late) but no other digital or analogue channels. :(

Should i try a brick?

Reply #279541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think now you should be thanking the TV, saved you alot of pain

Reply #279543 | Report this post

8:04pm - very patchy, sound drops in and out...

please help me!

Reply #279544 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

New aerial needed? Can't imagine you'd need any software update for a tele to work.

Reply #279547 | Report this post

fair call Billo, but why would it work better at sometimes than others?

Reply #279550 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Wont have anything to do with the softward. You might have a dodgey reciever inside of the TV, or your antenna has being knocked, or on the fritz.
Judging by the fact its going in and out I would say dodgey receiver.
Odd problem for LG's I rarely hear anything bad about them

Reply #279552 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Had the same problem, had a newish aerial with a booster on it(LG 42" HD LCD TV). Rang up the aerial guy, he came around, swapped my cord from aerial socket to the tv with a new one, slugged me $50 and I haven't had a problem since.

Reply #279562 | Report this post

Tipo  
Years ago

Rarely hear anything bad about LG's??? They are the worst of the big brands - LG and Sony are both way below the standard set by pioneer and then panasonic/samsung. I'm constantly hearing about issues with lg and Sony

Reply #279565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of the major brands are as bad as each other, dont fool yourself into thinking 'oh panasonic wont break down', if you get a dud you get a dud, but none are any worse than the other.

Reply #279579 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LG's achilles in the LCD line seems to be something to do with the tuner. Have had problems with it and Ch 99 before but apart from that, my LG LCD has been great. Recently got a Samsung LCD that is good too, though I was quite accustomed to the LG's in-built hard-drive recorder.

Reply #279587 | Report this post

Tipo  
Years ago

None are worse than the other? What a load of bollocks. Yes all brands can have faulty models but some brands ARE better built than others and DO have less faults. I see warranty returns every day and I can tell u what's common and what's not

all of the tv's are good and do the job but it's just a fact that some are better than others as far as performance and maintenance go

Reply #279613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754