LC
Years ago

Celtics vs Lakers: Game 7

Today is D day for both the Celtics and Lakers. An NBA championship will be lost and won.

The Celtics will enter the game without their starting centre, whilst the Lakers starting centre is battling an ongoing injury of his own.

Can Kobe and Gasol with a little help from their team mates secure a Lakers title? Or can the Celtics Big 4 and their remaining big men do enough to claim their 2nd title in 3 years?

For those at work like me, you can follow ESPN's GameCast at espn.com. One HD is replaying the game on 1:30pm AEST on Saturday.

I hope the game is a classic and hope the Celtics can win. My tip, Celtics to play with heart and as a team to win by 3 in OT.

Topic #23162 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

ESPN Preview & Gamecast link: http://linky.com.au/3r6k7

Reply #279862 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Celts with the early lead, i'm hoping they can keep it going!

Reply #279867 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Come on Celtics!

Reply #279868 | Report this post

PodMan  
Years ago

Live feed here. Not the best quality today sorry.

http://linky.com.au/udvnk

Reply #279872 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Celtics up 40-34 at half time in a low-scoring affair.

For the Celtics, Pierce has 11, with 5 others with 5 or 6 points each.

The the Lakers, Artest leads the scoring with 12, Kobe has 8 with Gasol and Fisher scoring 6 and 5 respectively.

Kobe and Gasol are both shooting poorly, with 3/14 and 3/12 respectively. Gasol however has 10 rebounds to the half time break.

In the battle of the benches, the Celtics lead 6-1. Davis has all 6 Celtics points.

Reply #279873 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Go Boston you green machine.

Reply #279875 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kobe is 3/17 from the field and 0/5 from long range - ouch!

Rondo looks like he will go close to a triple-double, having 10, 6 & 6 so far.

Celtics leading by 12 with 7:43 left in 3rd.

Reply #279879 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

This is going down to the wire, 4 points in it at 3qtr....COME ON CELTS!!

Reply #279883 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It is bloody close as the 4th period nears and end...

Reply #279886 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

wow derek fisher !

Reply #279887 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

With 5:21 to go, the tide has definitely turned in favour of the Lakers.

Reply #279888 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kobe finally hitting some shots too...Lakers now up by 4 with 5:20 to play.

Reply #279889 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Lakers up by 6 with 1:30 to go...Celtics have possession.

Reply #279891 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow! Wallace hits a trey, Artest hits a shot-clock beating three, then Allen hits a triple!

Reply #279892 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Down by 5 with possession with under 25 sec remaining, missed three by Allen, offensive board by Rondo who then nails the three with 13sec left - 2 point game with Lakers possessing the ball.

Reply #279893 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

2 Laker FT's made leave the Celtics down by 4 with 11.7sec to go with possession.

Reply #279894 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

All over, Lakers win.

Reply #279895 | Report this post

is kobe the g.o.a.t?

Reply #279896 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No - Michael Jordan is.

Reply #279897 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The wannabe G.O.A.T. only shot at 25% and nearly lost them the game. He will get MVP, but I think Gasol deserves it. Kobe's shooting has been woeful.

I admit, Kobe's 13 boards does help his cause somewhat.

Reply #279898 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

gasol was the difference and very unlucky but kobe was still great and i think one of the best we have ever seen

Reply #279899 | Report this post

23 pts and 15 boards, shut down ray allen (for the whole series), nearly lost them the game?

nice

Reply #279902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just hate the Lakers so much.

Reply #279904 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Anyone catch Ron Artest's post game interview?? Hilarious! He thanked his psychiatrist and plugged his new single.....I hate the Lakers but Crazy Pills is fantastic!

Reply #279907 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Damn Lakers.

Reply #279909 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

GO LAKERS!

Reply #279911 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

those who says Kobe nearly lost them the game-

reality check....no it did not happen and Boston lost, get over it. what's the point of saying something like that

Now back to party

Reply #279913 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

You cant say just because he missed shots that he almost lost the game

He could of hit every shot he put up and the lakers still could of lost

Winning and loosing is about more then just Kobe's Shooting percentage

Reply #279915 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well played to the Lakers. From 13 down in the 3rd, they started defending Boston's pick and roll really well and that was the turning point.

I was willing Rivers to start singing "we've got a ticket to ride" to his team in the huddle during the third, but the Celtics barely even made an attempt to use KG from late in the 3rd.

Disappointing, because I honestly think KG's scoring and passing would have won them the game, but they didn't make that adjustment and came up short. I'd love to know if they decided against it because KG was too tired from guarding Gasol?

Celtics had one last slim chance to win it after Rondo had another incredible stretch, stealing the rebound, shooting a three and coming within a couple of centimetres of stealing the ball from Kobe (it landed on the sideline after he poked it free).

But in all honesty, the Lakers outplayed the Celtics down the stretch and deserved the win. Ironically, it was the players Kobe couldn't trust earlier in the series who came up big and saved his ass when it mattered the most.

Artest played really well in the 2nd half, teaming with Gasol to stop Pierce from creating on the pick and roll. Gasol's ability to keep grabbing offensive boards kept them in it and he had 7 pts and 6 rebs in the final quarter. Fisher, Artest, Odom and even Eurobitch made clutch plays when it counted.

Oh well, I'm going to and try to distract myself from the Celtics loss by checking out Draft Express and breaking down in minute detail exactly which awesome player the Celtics should draft with the 19th pick (LMAO).

Reply #279923 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Ray still putting up shots and missing. Man they should not have lost that game after getting a decent lead. Was pretty unproductive at work those closing minutes, crossing my fingers and hoping for a miracle.

Wonder what will happen now. Sheed went off and wanted to have a chat with the umpires after the game, doc i think said he thought sheed was done now. Ray maybe goes. Doc might go, Tom T has gone.

Bust it up and start again if they can i think, unless they can get Ray back on the cheap on a 1 or 2 year deal. Draft a shooter, maybe James Anderson? with the view to replacing Ray and somehow find another big as well. Think they have a euro big they drafted a little while ago.

Will be interesting to see what happens now. In Ainge we trust.

Reply #279932 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

"Machine make big shots, win NBA Championship for Lakers, Machine's bestie Kobe gives love to Machine, Machine must remember to have mind meld with Kobe during post game celebration" - Machine

Reply #279933 | Report this post

Your Mum  
Years ago

Phil Jackson was right after all with his comment on how Boston choke in 4th quarters. I feel Boston lost this series, LA didnt win it. The big 4 were inconsistent all series and they still had it in the bag in the 3rd quarter.

Paul Pierce should feel like a total douche after his game 2 comments.

Garnett's reign as a premier NBA player is over, Ray Allen's also.

One last note, if somebody kills Derek Fisher in the next 24 hours ill die a happy man.

Reply #279934 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Doc said Sheed was done? I'd be surprised if he said anything like that. Sheed has two more years to run on his contract and besides that it would be pretty uncool for the coach to publicly call for a player to retire straight after a series in which he played pretty well.

It will be interesting to see what Ainge does, Josh. I think a lot will depend upon the decisions of Ray Allen and Pierce. Hopefully Ray will come back on a 2 year deal at about $8 mill per. It would also be great if Pierce was willing to take a pay cut for the team and sign for no more than 3 years at about $12 mill per. We'll see though, players don't often volunteer to leave a bunch of guaranteed money on the table, especially when they just led their team to within a whisker of the championship.

Even in that scenario though, the Celtics remain well over the cap. KG, Rondo, Davis and Perk are signed and they should be able to bring Tony Allen back as they have his Bird Rights.

I think Nate showed he could be a very useful player to get them through the 2010-11 regular season without running Rondo or Ray Allen into the ground. Question is, would Nate be willing to take no more than $4 mill per season to be a backup? IMO, if the Celtics keep their team together for one more run, I reckon Nate would be crazy not to play here, learn all he can and then turn that into a starting spot and better pay in a couple of years.

Signing Nate would eat into about two thirds of the mid-level exception though. So essentially they would have their core 8 players back for about $70 mill, could sign one FA for $2-3 mill and the rest would be vet minimums plus their draft picks.

If they sign Nate, then Daniels is almost certainly gone and so is Shelden Williams, who played with zero confidence on the few occasions he got in the game in the playoffs.

I really hope Doc doesn't give it away after this season. He has done an outstanding job of keeping his veteran team engaged and smoothing their acceptance of a bigger role for Rondo. Losing Thibs will be big though, because I think he's the real X's and O's guy rather than Doc.

Since the Celtics have very little chance of securing another solid big man to counter the Lakers length any better next season, I think they have to see if they can snag an athletic big, rather than a SG. I think Tony Allen and Nate have improved enough that they can be trusted to keep Ray rested. So I'd like to see them go for someone with some real athleticism, but needs plenty of polish, because I think KG and Sheed could really groom them well.

Maybe someone like Larry S a nders or Solomon Alabi. I was going to say Stanley Robinson as well, but he must have done something wrong because he seems to have plummeted right off the 1st round mock draft on Draft Express!

Reply #279935 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Aw man, any chance my post can be reinstated please Isaac? I mentioned an NBA draft prospect Larry S***ers in quite a long post and its been yanked because apparently a different S***ers is out of bounds now.

Mod: Fixed

Reply #279937 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Not sure sand..r.s will be there, seems he is getting attention in workouts and interviews. He is a little but small for the 5 spot but is very long I think. Either way I think they need some luck, ideally they could get another 1st and get younger and cheaper quicker but I don't see how they could do it.

Reply #279939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rasheed's still got 2 years left on his contract at decent money too.

Reply #279941 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

The way doc spoke I think he was suggesting he was going to retire. He really was only good in the playoffs.

Reply #279949 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

He told the Celtics don't judge me on the regular season I'll be ready come playoff time.

Reply #279958 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

sure but can he stay motivated for the regular season and contribute? maybe he can sit out regular season and come in come playoff time ala PJ Brown. Personally i think that is a better solution as long as he can get some conditioning.

Reply #279978 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Celtics got robber in this game

Reply #381212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754