Jack Toft
Years ago

R15 ABA Action

The much awaited preview.....

Panthers-Tigers @ Marion
M: Panther's season has faded away after last weekend and the Tigers have plodded along this season without much inspiration to supporters. Time for both coaches to try out some new plays because whatever both teams have run this season hasn’t worked. Panthers should get the W in a game that could be as exciting as sorting out an undies drawer.
W: Both teams still in the finals hunt so this should be a very tight game with the claws well and truly sharpened. Panthers need to get a perfect run home (Tigers, Mavs, Eagles, Lions) and have results fall their way to see finals. Tigers need to get at least 2 wins from games against Panthers, Flames, Warriors and 'Cats and need to get them early to take the pressure off. Last time these teams met, Panthers won by 5. The Tigeresses have more to gain from the win and should keep the pressure on North.

Flames-Rockets @ Mars
M: Another crackerjack game at Mars. The pressure is on Norwood to threepeat and Rockets seem to play well against the better teams, choke a bit against lower teams. Both teams are looking for the edge going into finals. Flames took the honours last time and the inclusion of the man mountain Pero might see those scales tilt slightly towards North, but Norwood should snuff out the Rockets.
W: Rockettes are 5th and are -9 on the game difference with Tigers, so they need to get a game ahead of them if they want to keep 5th. They probably need to get 3 W’s from the last 4 games (Norwood, Woodville, West, Sturt) Depending on who the Norwood team is on the hardwood, reckon they will fall a game short. Apart from my dreams, where’s Ali T?

Sabres-Eagles @ Pasadena
M: It's a toss up between this and the game above for MOTR. Are Sturt still down a few good men? Last time they met, the Sabres took the honours by 11, so the Eagleboys will need to deliver one with the lot to get a 12 point win to get Sturt to drop below them - could the Sabres end up 5th if they drop a few games? Riley is still ripping up the boards and should help his team to a narrow victory. The three point shootout will decide and I reckon the Eagleboys will sink a few more.
W: Just when you thought the games couldn’t get better, the top two get to play each other. Sabres by 1 last time, so this will be close and has to be another nail biter this time. Eagles need to win by 2 to snare top spot, and should in what is likely to be the prelude to the 2010 grand final.

Warriors-Bearcats @ St Clair
M: Warriors have been the surprise this season, but without their import it’s time to focus on the end of season trip. Davo had a quiet Sunday with only 7 assists, but is playing a starring role in the "the three Bear cats". Molly playing like a man looking for an NBL roster position. If you are a fan of slasher horror films, get down to St Clair, this one will end up “ A nightmare on Woodville Road”
W: Warriors season over, but the ‘Cats are looking good. Could be a good game for them to sharpen the claws with the bench getting plenty of time. Can’t see the Bearcats getting out of second gear.

Lions-Mavs @ Starplex
M: Lions played in a heartbreaker on Sunday, Mavs need to win all remaining 4 games plus have Eagles choke their last 4 to make finals. Mavs have a few too many big names not to win this game, but the Lions showed why they are not pushovers. The JT Challenge to big Wade & JD this week: Who can set a better "Jawai screen"?
W: Season over for both teams. The game starts at 6-30 and Mavs should have this in the bag by 7-30. The “ra ra” posts should start appearing on Hoops by about 8-30, no probably 9-30 allowing for travel. The Lionesses might go sweet fiveteen and never kissed but imagine the reaction if they pulled a W? The Amber Land/Tess Madgen battle will be the highlight.

Topic #23257 | Report this topic

mexican chillidog  
Years ago

In the mens:

Panthers by a dozen unless boal and braithwaigh shoot the crap out of the ball (which is entirely possible).
Norwood in a close one, it all depends on the impact Pero and Hambour can have on the game.
Forestville to just get up but the game could go eitherway and is destined to be a great game.
Westies easily over Woodville.
Mavs to destroy centrals.

and to avoid being persecuted I will mention the womens:
Southern in a close one, south to reliant on Claire Johnson dominating
Norwood will be to strong for north but should be a great game.
Forestville just over sturt again dont know why
Westies to get up depending on who they have suiting up for them.
Mavs to beat centrals- Tess to drop 50!!!!

Reply #281198 | Report this post

lickitysplit  
Years ago

Is there any way to see the league leaders in each stat (points, assists, rebounds etc) tried lookin on sporting pulse but couldnt see a league wide stat leaders for the year. Thought that would be the most popular?

Reply #281204 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

todays advertiser in boti's usual thursday write ups

Reply #281206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the woodville west game will see for the first time young molly up against his dad as coach for woody

Reply #281215 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

- Davo had a quiet Sunday with only 7 assists, but is playing a starring role in the "the three Bear cats"
Davo - Molly - & Who ??
Pretty even group this year...

Reply #281245 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I had to bring in a bear somewhere, I didn't want to call him the big bad wolf!

Reply #281249 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Davo,Molly and a Spud - truelove - with a crush...erer

Reply #281282 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

davo , mollly and a spud - truelove with a crush..er

Reply #281283 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

davo , mollly and a spud - truelove with a crush..er

Reply #281293 | Report this post

Anonnny  
Years ago

Woody's men 2 beat West on sat nite!!

Reply #281313 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Forlickety split, all stats are displayed at http://www.centralabl.com.au/
- just go to fixture/results for whichever comp you want (m/w) and click on competition stats to display full list then click at top of whichever column you want (eg pts, assists, OR, DR, TR), it'll display all players from bottom up, click again the display is from top down.

Reply #281332 | Report this post

SSTomatin  
Years ago

West Men and Women buried their opponents in the 2 holes in the CarPark Driveway.
Chris Molitor's Dad is not happy btw.

Reply #281375 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

Another 70 points from the Madgen brother/sister combo.

Reply #281382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South squeezed by southern in a double overtime thriller. Great shootout between Gazzo and Braithwate made for excellent viewing, but the team's other players all made big plays in the fourth and both ot's.

Reply #281389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats the recored for shots taken in a single game by 1 player? gazzo had 41 and only made 12....not a good %?? Havent seen that for a while. wonder if he was icing the elbow after the game?

Reply #281441 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

70 points from the Madgens thats great, they will have plenty to talk about when they are watching finals huddled over the home computer and live stats!

Reply #281443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hows your teams going Filthy?

Reply #281449 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

Fair call Anon, but then I dont often talk up my teams accomplishments in the wake of a bad year (or a successful one for that matter), I will however return to my quite lamenting and limp back to my filthy shack and lick my wounds!

Reply #281451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Filthy a change in game plan would help you immensely

Reply #281456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fight fight fight, so I am guessing one persons from mavs here where is the Mexican from, and don't say Mexico

Reply #281461 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

No I'm not from the Mavs, is there a rule that says that the only good players are in the top teams.

Reply #281463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe only the good TEAM players.

Reply #281464 | Report this post

The drake  
Years ago

41 shots up in a game for only 12 made....... Speaking of team players haha

Reply #281475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess if you teams doing shit, there's nothing left but to hang shit on other teams doing shit?

Reply #281525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754