KBMee
Years ago

Old games on dvd

The highlite package of 1994 got me wondering... is there any way of getting old games on dvd?

I've been on board the 36ers since 1990, and had so many games on VCR, sadly they just haven't stood the test of time.

I'm particularly looking for the 98 and 99 grand finals as well as any game from 1997.

Is there anything/anybody out there?

Topic #23526 | Report this topic

KBMee  
Years ago

and by 1997... i meant 1994

Reply #285380 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

I think Don Shipway might have some of them. His business is the Sports Locker on Main North Rd, near Regency rd. (Don't tell him I dobbed him in...)

Reply #285413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh... I should have mentioned I live in Brisbane

Reply #285417 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

I have the Final matches of both 98 and 99 series's.

But don't have to whole series... Yet.

Let me know your email, and i can get your a copy of them if you want em.

Reply #285421 | Report this post

surmdog  
Years ago

sounds like coopz has connections

Reply #285428 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Not sure if Brad is still floating about the forums but he hooked me up with a heap of games onto DVD of which I gave him a nice donation ;) I have almost every 36ers game ever shown on Foxtel 96 was it to 2004 on VHS (alot are unlabelled :( bad move) and from 2004 onwards on DVD/Hard Drives.
I didn't have time to convert them and Brad had already done the hard work so was easier to get them through him.

His website.

Brad's Sports DVD Collection

Reply #285432 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

I have Games 1 & 2 of the 1994 Grand Final Series, and Games 1 & 2 of the 1998 & 1999 Grand Final Series.

Basically I have copied the games onto DVD from my old video tapes. In some of the games I have the ABC and Foxtel versions.

I also have some other videos that I need to convert which more than likely includes Game 3 of the 1999 Series.

Reply #285437 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

Also have the Grand Final Series against West Sydney in 2001/2002....

Reply #285438 | Report this post

KBMee  
Years ago

Do I just advertise my email address on this page? I can't seem to find a private message function..

I'm super keen for those dvd's Coopz!

Reply #285458 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

Ask Isaac to pass it on to you.

He can give it to you. Although he may be on holidays right now, but whoever is administrating hoops will be able to.

I should have the full series in coming weeks too.

Reply #285479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754