Manuel Noriega
Years ago

Coup

Well i know politics are rife in all sports and at all age levels unfortunately!!!!!!!!
But i belong to a club i love and support to the best of my capabilities and it saddens me to see what has been going on.
Our El presidente makes decisions based on what is best for himself and doesn't take the big picture into consideration of the club when making them!
Everything stinks of nepatism and egotistical decisions to feather ones nest instead of to the benefit of the club and its paying members.
Coaches {quality coaches} have walked due to this persons self appointment to better his families progress instead of general player development!
Several people are currently astounded within our club, with what has been going on and has been for the last few years and are currently deciding wether to leave or to some how rise against it and demand a say as financial members of the club.
Some are calling for a coup and some are demanding that it is not bloodless!
It is sad to see in this day and age when everyone is struggling for coaches/volunteers that we have a a large group of people wanting to contribute but are refraining from doing so because of this persons blatant attitude!!!!!
DON"T LET THIS BE YOUR CLUB / FOOD FOR THOUGHT

"they say a fish rots from the head down"

Topic #23579 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Which club? apart from the fact that it is a male and has been in the possy for a few years and has family playing It rules out a few but as I dont know the Preso's at all clubs so some more info would be useful

Reply #286106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes do tell

Reply #286110 | Report this post

ganymede  
Years ago

My guess = Southern Tigers.

Reply #286111 | Report this post

piriepanthers  
Years ago

Adelaide Lightning?

Reply #286113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You say your club president makes decisions "based on what is best for himself". What possible advantage could he gain out of what is presumably a voluntary position?

Reply #286114 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you want start such a ridiculous post name the Club and whether you put in for a coaching role or are just another disgruntled stirrer at a Club who sits in the shadows and does nothing but be counter productive.

Reply #286116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern mavericks, and that president and a few on the committee need to get the kick!

Reply #286118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be FRANKSTON !!!

Reply #286120 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

Maybe it's Bankstown, or... Melb Tigers, ...or Stirling (WA),.. Pints(NT)...Devonport Dags...??

Reply #286121 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Grow some balls and name the club or confront the 'said person' directly.
Don't leave the great club President's open to your claims- be fair

Reply #286122 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Adelaide Crows. Has to be. It's Graham Cornes again, looking after his sons at the Crows then ..... oh hang on a sec ..... they play for Port Adelaide. OK, skip that idea.

Reply #286126 | Report this post

Not Mavs, Southern is my bet. Not saying it's accurate either.

Reply #286129 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

collingwood.

Reply #286140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might not be Eastern but they have huge issues. President needs the sack and two 'blondes' on that committee

Reply #286143 | Report this post

The same two blondes that have been part of the organising committee for the Halls Woollacott?

The same two blondes who are at every ABL home game helping set up, run and pack up afterwards?

Whats your beef Anon? Why are you so angry? State your claim or call the club.

Reply #286146 | Report this post

victorian  
Years ago

Ah the family sport of basketball. Gr8 environment for the kids. Get a life !!!!!

Reply #286154 | Report this post

Tomo  
Years ago

Doubt it's Southern. Recently seen their stadium which their El Presidente would have had a lot to do with implementing (doubt just his kid/s would be benefiting from it). Such big words nepotism and egotistical, I agree with Hanging Round - grow some balls. I wonder how much of your own time and effort you contribute to your club? Unfortunately all of our clubs have them, those who whinge, stir and complain about everything but always the last to put their hand up and never appreciate the good things.

PS: Remove the entrails and the fish won't rot as quickly!

Reply #286249 | Report this post

Tiger Woodduck  
Years ago

So Manuel. When is the coup. lol

Reply #286541 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Manuel - when is your clubs AGM is this when the coup it will happen?

Reply #286554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go for it Manuel, get yourself into the hot seat ya BIG WIMP!

Reply #286567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no beef, just cold hard facts

Reply #287166 | Report this post

Manny is hiding in the embassy at the moment like the coward he is, trying to stir shit up and get someone else to change something he's not happy about.

Not a lot of support out there, judging by the replies!

Reply #287174 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Manny must be waiting for the Marines to fly in their hueys to airlift him out when the tanks come crashing through the gates of the embassy.

Reply #287180 | Report this post

Call the Vatican, quick! It's your only hope, Manny!

See if God will do your dirty work, no one on earth gives a shi-art.

Reply #287203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754