Anonymous
Years ago

GEMS

Does anyone know if invites have been sent for next camp and to who?

Topic #23610 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, go to basketball Aust or SA site, story and squad under Gems coach Chalmers picks squad of 19.Squad named in full, although Smith is from SA not Vic.

Reply #286446 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

The ADC in September is not for the Gems.

They have a qualifying series in NZ for the 2011 Worlds.

Reply #286447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I asked about the GEMS not the ADC.

Reply #286449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like a very competitive group of girls!

Reply #286454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are two camps coming up.
On the 28th of August the Gems squad that are preparing for the World qualifiers against NZ will be training at the AIS. The squad of 19 for this camp is named on BA site. If they win the qualifiers Australia will be competing in the U19 Worlds in 2011.
The camp in September is the ADC camp which is the commencement of the 2013 worlds campaign I am unaware if letters are out or not but squad has not been named on BA Site yet. From this camp a team will be selected to play in New Caledonia in an Oceania tournament.
I hope all of you that have talented daughters get a letter, however, if you don't life goes on as we have found out.

Reply #286455 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

In associated news, Basketball Victoria has named a 19-person squad to contest the Oceania Qualification series. They have elected to invite 8 players from other states but it is suspected they will be cut once the squad has been trimmed to 12 for the tournament.

In a desperate bid to be considered for the team, one South Australian has formally applied to change her State affiliation. :)

I really tried to bite my tongue - honest!

Reply #286462 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

haha! I was waiting for someone to notice that over 50% of the squad is Victorian!

Think this has anything to do with the fact that Chambers has had extremely little interaction with the girls of this age group? Probably the only girls she is really familiar with at all are the Victorians.

Reply #286473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disappointed to see so many underage players in the squad especially as they did not perform that well at U17 Worlds in France recently.

Reply #286492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Astor I think if you look at the list of girls they have been at the previous camps, with the top age girls all attending the Reze Tournament in France this year and the bottom age girls attending the U17 world championships.

Reply #286552 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

WHATS THE GO ON MINEAR?

Reply #288162 | Report this post

New squads  
Years ago

She will be finishing at the tute in February, as will a whole raft of players.
Gems team will be very interesting as they move towards the 20 nationals and then a tour I would assume

Reply #296557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of the AIS squad have been there less than a year. I cant see why "a whole raft of players" would be leaving. They usually stay 2-3 years.

Reply #296560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754