Curtley
Years ago

Iverson thinking about China

So far I can't find a link indicating how much he'd get paid, but I can only hope one day the NBL introduces a rule whereby if a team wants goes with only one import that this import is exempt from the salary cap. Players such as Iverson could get bankrolled by some rich kid and interest in the team and sport would skyrocket.

Iverson and Marbury would consider China for financial gain off the court in that market, but Australia has the lifestyle over China if one was to choose two similar salries based on that alone.

Topic #23807 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one could afford to offer Marbury the kind of money he'll get from his stint in China. He's being paid alright as it is but the millions he'd be making from his shoe contracts in a country of 1.3 Billion people would probably equate to a salary of $5-$10m a year here.

Iverson wouldn't be going over there for the fun of it either.

Reply #289369 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

China the new dumping ground for ball hogs?

Reply #289375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of import ball hogs in China wasn't Bonzi Wells putting up nearly 40ppg over there at one point? I think former Dragons import Donta Smith was piling up the points over there too.

Reply #289377 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why wouldn't he be calling Pat Riley?

If a washed up Payton could win with Miami, I think Iverson could fit, and be the dominant scorer on the second team.

Reply #289411 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Iverson is the last thing the Heat need. Why do they need a dominant scorer off the bench? They've already got a ton of offense. A ton. Its an embarrassment of riches at the offensive end. They need (well, actually 'have') role players who won't dominate the ball to play alongside the Big 3. What they don't need is a 35 year old who tries to play like a 25 year at the offensive end and plays like a 45 year old at the defensive end.

He is useless for a team that actually wants to contend for a title. He gives you nothing. At best, he's Babe Ruth in the mid-1930's. A draw card for teams going nowhere to sell tickets. And even then, the roughly 15 teams that are going to do nothing of great value in 2010-11 want nothing to do with him. So maybe I was being too kind. Perhaps he's actually Babe Ruth in the mid-1940's...done.

Reply #289430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Babe Ruth? You know this website is in OZ. Perhaps talk about a cricket player like Tubby Taylor or something. We do not know much about baseball.

Reply #289433 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why do they need a dominant scorer off the bench? They've already got a ton of offense

What happens when the starters have to rest? Or if Wade goes down injured for half the season?

Reply #289437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Z & Joel Anthony will go to work down low!

Reply #289454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve Francis now talking about going to play or coach in China.

Reply #289485 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I wouldn't even want Iverson playing for the Breakers. CJ is all gravy :)

Reply #289512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754