bounce bounce
Years ago

Kym Goodenough sacked

appaerntly kg has been sacked. anyone know the detials

Topic #2383 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Kym Goodenough...the JDO for Eastern? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Reply #26689 | Report this post

bouncebounce  
Years ago

yeah kym goodenough from eastern, what the

Reply #26692 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

It is a simple case of

KG - Given a number of tasks, and a timeframe in which to complete them. (Fairly genourous amount of time.)

Timeframe ends, KG hasn't completed the tasks.

Eastern Mavs - saying 'not good enough K.Goodenough' (sorry, but i had to be the first).

An e-mail went out on Tuesday to the appropriate EM people.

Wonder what the ramifications of this will be for EM basketball club???

Reply #26693 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Monkey - you seem pretty clued in. Do you know any details, what his role was, other issues, successor, etc???

Reply #26697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please try to focus on the future appointment and the ramifications for the club rather than defamation and gossip regarding the previous appointee. Thanks.

Reply #26698 | Report this post

Stella Artois  
Years ago

I'll encourage people to go sensitively on this topic. Goody is a good bloke. He and his family have made a great contribution to SA ball. If people really want the inside info i suggest you contact the Mavs.

Reply #26700 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

KG has done a great job with EM from the very beginning, and rest assured there was no malice. Sacked is probably not the right word here either bounce bounce. For Eastern's sake, they would want to keep KG on in some capacity, his talents would be too large to lose.

Reply #26708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a JDO, generally speaking, unless you can do a GREAT job, can dedicate enough time to virtually make it a full time job, have a huge rep and lots of experience its probably best to rotate them regularly. Give them specific tasks and goals to accomplish in their time and then readvertise after a year or 2 in the hope of finding that Arnott, Mesecke or Shaw. Guys that do it as a profession are the only ones that are worth employing for the long term.

Reply #26719 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I would like to make a suggestion regarding this topic too......I really don't think it is of any concern unless you are involved with the Mavericks Basketball Club.......sorry if that sounds too forward but we all know how the rumour mill can cause people grief.

Reply #26737 | Report this post

D'Mac  
Years ago

good call swish goodie is one of the best guys iv ever met and if he did get sacked it wouldnt b coz he didnt do his job properly. end of story

Reply #26756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess he just wasn't good enough.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Reply #26826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No! He is good enough. Neither could haha

Reply #26827 | Report this post

lion tamer  
Years ago

Goodie and his family are good people, talk about something else.

Like how good Jye is and if he hasnt got Todd Gowers position next year at the 6ers then the sturty 6ers theory will be well and truely proved

Reply #26832 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

I bet a few other clubs will be circling to catch any falling coaches!

Reply #26838 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I dont know about about falling coaches. I think you will find that there is a few Div 1 coaches that have said SEE YA!!!!! to the eastern Maverick organisation because of what has happen to Goody.
I am one of them. And the people who know me, know that im not shy in telling it how it is.
I dont think the committee has really thought of the fall out of coaches and players? Have they? Time will certainly tell!
Goody has been a fantastic bball person for alot of years and it upsets me to see the way he has been treated.
"My way or the Highway!" is the only motto!

Reply #26863 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Sorry if I didn't make it clear that that's what I was saying. Other clubs eagerly awaiting coaches to quit at Mavs and look for other Clubs.

I don't think that any Club really thinks about the consequences when they do something that drastic. I think that has been shown a number of times in a few Clubs.

Reply #26864 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

An unfortunate situation here, but hey, let's move forward and do it for the kids........they are the ones who will suffer in the long run...if this situation is allowed to get out of hand. Ultimately, no individual is bigger than the club whatever sport you may be involved in. I too know Kym and a nicer bloke you wouldn't meet, but what is done is done. Let's hope the club can suitably replace those lost to all of this and go from there.

Reply #26866 | Report this post

Yeah!  
Years ago

Is he still the assistant to their ABL mens side?

Reply #26873 | Report this post

bounce bounce  
Years ago

no kym spat and quit all coaching positions

Reply #27119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Joel? Is he coaching the U/14?s

Reply #27122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'd rather have a (negative term removed) that did the job than a top bloke that didn't. Ouch! Plus swish is right junior ball is about the kids not the JDO. Move on.

Reply #27144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754