ringlord
Years ago

Adelaide Lightning game home grounds?

Is it just me or does anybody else find it weird how lightning are playing their home games all over Adelaide this season?Why not play at ETSA park now that the netball season is over. The atmosphere would be killer and just enough seating to accommodate, surely better solution than wayville.

Topic #23971 | Report this topic

just home  
Years ago

it felt wierd at wayville tonight - so many adelaide / sa girls in the dandenong team - really odd emotional experienced.

and then to see langford v bishop - it was like old sa country carnivals.

the dandy usa import - can she jump or what !
dandy looked very spluttery and their passing was very average - but then i got to thinking - how much would they have trained ? ie sam just starting, bishop back from the worlds - so by the time they gel - they will be top 3 for sure.

cunningham for adelaide looked good early and langford and seekamp contributed nicely.

i think any team that can run a proper half court set will do well against both adelaide nad dandenong - but if you are playing dandy or adelaide and dont get back quick enough in transition they will burn you.

Reply #291509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ETSA Park is just as full over summer with Netball as it is in winter. Just because the thunderbirds aren't on doesn't mean the venue is free. Also there are huge differences between a Netball court and a basketball one. No room for basketball rings, scoreboard is set up differently, line markings etc. Would be a big financial investment by both sports for WNBL games to be played there.

Wayville was fullish but not packed and that was without any temporary seating.

My issue is with things like the eagles logo in the middle of the court. The lack of individual player info on the generic scoreboard and later in summer wayville is well known for it's heat.

Watched the bulleen v caps game today. Lots of local girls at the caps! Also wow that court was messy with 3 different sports courts, multiple 3 point lines and incorrect keyway markings/paintwork. Plus after gilchrist did an acl on a decal why do BA allow teams to cover courts with them? O'Hea nearly did an injury just changing direction on one.

2 games I've seen, and wow do referees realize they have to try at WNBL level? Call a travel maybe? Or fouls? Both games were very lazily refereed in my opinion.

Well done to the local girls last night. Lightning need to get two real imports if they want to get wins though.

Seekamp was simply amazing to watch.

Reply #291547 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

seekamp has been the best Junior I have seen in a while great start, hopeful that the team will develop as the season goes on

Reply #292043 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Well I actually came on line to see what was available in the season tickets ares which I would make available to my business customers but now the venue situation and seating has been pointed out I dont think it would be a very good investment for my business so that is an effect it can have.

Reply #313290 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Chris you are a tool..

Reply #313294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754