Curious
Years ago

BSA - What are you doing about Hillcrest

Well it is now two months since BSA came out with news about Hillcrest Court 2 and nothing appears to have happened!

Programs are a mess, trainings are a mess and any club spirit by having all teams playing together at one stadium is fast disappearing.

It is a wonderful showcase for attracting new players to the sport!!!

Topic #23985 | Report this topic

Titan 84  
Years ago

Dont worry, it took them 9 month to fix the floors at Pasadena.

Reply #291677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think you will find the hold up is with the council who own the stadium

Reply #291678 | Report this post

Europa69  
Years ago

You maybe waiting until December.

Utter waste of BSA $$$ anyhow with the shed being condemned to death in the near future.

Reply #291680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Utter waste of BSA $$$ anyhow with the shed being condemned to death in the near future." is this the same as the rockets??

Reply #291682 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

north like south are a good sized club and long overdue for an updated venue.

if the current stadium has bio-degraded maybe it's time for something new ?

Reply #291685 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Go to Mars

Reply #291692 | Report this post

Winitinaminute  
Years ago

Demolish it and Build a better stadium like Wayville,
ongoing costs waste of time.

Reply #291695 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

BSA only cares abt $$$.
Terrific new courts at Morphett Vale were used for roller-skating over school hols.
The show court now has a nice dent (just like the good old days) and scuff mark are all over.

Reply #291697 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

jack what sort of dent ?

Reply #291698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North dhould go to the Golden Grove Rec Centre.

Reply #291702 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I heard rumors of plans to build a new basketball stadium to be built near hilcrest which would replace the hilcrest stadium.

Havent heard anything official to prove this but worth noting i thought

Reply #291709 | Report this post

Winitinaminute  
Years ago

New stadium not gonna happen,basa cant afford it,might as well go to Grove and setup there.All Basa think about is money$$$!!!No consideration for Junior basketball whatsoever.

Reply #291711 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

So have I "The Banker" But that will be several years off you would think and surely BSA should be putting some pressure on the council to repair the floor in some form or other until then. Is there council elections happening soon??

Reply #291713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure BSA were involved in the planned "Super School"

Reply #291715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

planned to go the school near the veladrome. if new stadium/school being built why waste good money on the hillcrest floor, hillcrest has been on the chopping block for at least the last 20 years

Reply #291718 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

is there a futures plan in place for basketball stadiums into next 20 - 30 years - like is any consideration gone into a long term planning study of over time developing key venues to accomodate - what isd the plan ?
south hillcrest st clair port all are in dire need - is BSA in discussion with councils SA Govt / Federal agencies to dev

Reply #291732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, why would you let your kids play at a death trap like Hillcrest? or Marion?

Reply #291744 | Report this post

Europa69  
Years ago

NABC should have been at Golden Grove Rec Centre years ago, but as usual their committee choked on their own arrogance and made one of their larger bad blunders.

Reply #291746 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

My attitude is most admin ,state selection,umpiring panel are linked to one or two clubs ,who gives a damn about the rest.I try not to go that tack but I dont see any evidence.That is only fair after trying to see or hear some clues.
All roads lead to BSA and they are the ones that need to get the political funding.You see I dont imagine thy would try say the Sahin Family for financial backing?If I gather the different councils own the properties well ....Rome was built faster.We see basketball stadium,the Council see rollerskating rink or Antique market stalls.Still fit for purpose?
Who is behind the Starplex Complex(no idea)?

Reply #291750 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

starplex school and council community project and take hats off to them
brilliant facility best by a mile
envious of how it can work - goes to show it can happen
needs vision drivers and planning
Please can we get something happening - somewhere
need a sign

Reply #291760 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Rumours are that North Adelaide were getting a new stadium on the old Parks Community land but that sure won't be happening now. Them's the breaks, I guess.

PS. That was a joke. Given their close proximity to Mars, going there isn't a bad idea once Norwood and Co clear out to their new 4-court megaplex built with our money. So as a taxpayer, I build Norwood's court, I watch Southern's new courts get destroyed by rollerbladers, but I refuse to help North. Strange old world we live in.

Reply #291776 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

moses has a point - if norwood go to campbelltown - north should persue mars

Reply #291782 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

BSA are keen for a tenant at Salisbury.

(stadium is shite by that doesn't matter)

Reply #291785 | Report this post

Team Player  
Years ago

Golden Grove should have their own club in district basketball as they have a huge pulling area of young families and excellent facilities up there. North have been talking for years about moving and rebuilding but are obviously incapable of getting the job done. with Norwood predicted to be moving back to new facilities at St Bernards north eastern kids will flock to the red n blue instead of the red n white.

Reply #291807 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

last thing we want is another club starting at golden grove.

salisbury area sounds good and north / centrals need to get out there walking the talk.

north recruiters need to be up at golden grove scouting with pamphlets, approaching families and knowledge of what their plan is for the future.

if a player purely goes to a club for the stadium .... that might last 2 weeks.

Initial impressions could be affected by the stadium but as most of us who hav been around for a while know..... more to it than that.

yes you are spot on with young families being out in the new burbs

Reply #291811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I for one am aware of several brand new kids to district basketball in U 10's and U12's who did not go to North once they saw their stadium. Many new kids are bringing their parents along for the ride with basketball so first impressions count for a lot.

Until the stadium issue is resolved I can see North decline as they will be unable to drag new kids into the club.

Reply #291818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"salisbury area sounds good and north / centrals need to get out there walking the talk." so, just home, are you walking or are you talking??????

Maybe you should approach those clubs and ask what they are actually going. Then maybe you can "walk" with them.

Reply #291828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding anon above they are the pre-recruiters for Norwood!!!

Reply #291850 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Golden Grove Rec Centre??? Those courts are an abomination, I would hate to be playing and training on them all week. North should get a new stadium, or pursue MARS once the Flames move to C'town.

Reply #291945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The City North Messenger have an article about the Rockets and faulty stadium.

Basically saying the Council won't action anything until there elections are complete.

It was a cover story too, which is good.

Reply #291949 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Mars stadium is currently up for sale.

Reply #291969 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Link to the City North Messenger article:

Sport court out

Reply #291971 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

good article - getting it out there

Reply #291973 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

BSA should buy MARS - problem solvered

Reply #291999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If that was an option then why is Norwood moving??

Reply #292000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not an option. BSA don't have the money to buy stadiums which is why they don't own any!

Reply #292015 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

what is Mars worth ? in $$$$

Reply #292024 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

What is Marsworth? Click here.

Reply #292065 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

LOL - smarty pants

Reply #292067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754