The_Champ33
Years ago

Iverson in talks with playing in Turkey

http://linky.com.au/85aqx

Allen Iverson is in talks with playing in Turkey.
Whoever is willing to offer him a contract to play, good on them I say and good luck to him.

Topic #23993 | Report this topic

Avv  
Years ago

Besiktas is the same team Ogilvy is now playing for.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it at the time but Ogilvy was sitting with us Aussie supporters in Istanbul for the debacle game against Slovenia too.

Reply #291790 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Pleae God no, not Besiktas! AJ Ogilvy has begun his professional career there so strongly. Iverson will starve him of the ball. If this happens, Ogilvy may as well have stayed at Vanderbilt. Same difference.

Reply #291791 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Totally agree AB4EVA - please not Besiktas!

Reply #291792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Iverson is 50x better than AJ?

Reply #291801 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they do sign Iverson I would have to take back what I said about Besiktas not spending the cash! They are not traditionally a team that buys in massive names - maybe they think Iverson will bring in more than he costs? Or perhaps just desperate to upset the two power clubs in Turkey, Efes Pilsen and Fenerbache?

AB you are correct though, hard to see that signing being good for Ogilvy who appears to be back to some great form.

Reply #291803 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

This is interesting -

"One hangup in the agreement over the weekend had been Iverson's insistence on a limit for what the team can fine him, the Yahoo! Sports report says."

Good ol' Iverson!

Reply #291872 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

I LOL'ed at that too, Junga. Seems "Me, myself and Iverson" plans on missing some more practise ;)

Reply #291877 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From all reports, Allen is in fact set to sign with Besiktas.

Besiktas has announced that Allen Iverson has agreed in principle to sign an incentive-laden, two-year, $4 million contract to be signed by next week. Iverson's contract will give him an opt-out clause after this season, but there is no escape clause during the season for Iverson to leave Turkey and return to the NBA. He is expected to make his debut as early as 6 November against Bornova.

Link: http://www.eurobasket.com/Turkey/basketball.asp?NewsID=206878

Reply #293854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754