Anonymous
Years ago

36ers New Uniform

For the first year in age the 36ers have a GREAT unifrom IMO. Really nice shade of blue, simple design on the front and nice looking side panels. What do other people think of it?

Also I'm hoping like hell the Sixers stick with this one. Their unifrom traditionally changes every single year but heres hoping they stick with this one now that theyve found a winner

Topic #24082 | Report this topic

Da Breez  
Years ago

i love it, its awesome

Reply #292872 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

I don't think it will change unless And1 decides to change it. The whole leagues uniforms are all from the same template as far as design goes. Just change colour and logos.

Reply #292873 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Did anyone notice the fans' names printed on the jerseys? Great idea - not sure how much it cost to get your name on there, but whatever extra cash it generated is a welcome bonus.

Carfino mentioned it on the One HD telecast, and they had a close up of the jersey. I saw a few familiar names - some long time fans, Crows players, Mahersy.

Reply #292878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the white uniform, i seen ballinger wearing the paper (maybe sunday mail?) looked real nice! thumbs up!!

Reply #292881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the blue one looks really good, all shiny and shit.

Reply #292884 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

yeah I'm quite the fan - best one we have had in ages

Reply #292885 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Yeah I got my baby boys name on the top, I'm hoping we get the jersey next home game, I had a quick look for his name on the back but Carter thought I was looking at his arse and things got awkward lol

Reply #292895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The design might change next year but I'm sure the colour will remain the same. Like the footy clubs the design changes to increase the sales at the merchandise booth

Reply #292902 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Dont mind the uniform but i really liked the old blue one they had a while back. That crows logo/uniform change is just bad though. The logo is basically the Ravens logo from the NFL.

Reply #292921 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I believe And1 gave all teams a few different options for uniforms and each team had to choose - they were mostly the same but with slight diffs

I LOVE the 36ers uniform and i think the names on the back is GENIOUS!!!

If I didn't love the Crocs i would surely love to be a 6ers fan! You guys have your shit together - team and fans

Reply #292934 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

The watermarks look awesome but overall I hate the fact that we have to have the same design as the other 8 teams.

Here's a good photo of all 9 lined up:
http://linky.com.au/sgclj

I actually don't mind your new one, DJ Rod. Even if it is breaking tradition a bit.
Kings and Tigers have improved on past uniforms while GC and NZ look good as always. I think ours would look a lot better with yellow in the side panels (rather than blue).

Reply #292948 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Linky didn't work, I'll try again: http://linky.com.au/pxttj

If that doesn't work either it's this:
http://www.nbl.com.au/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2F670-x-359_73.jpg&width=500m&height=500&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgColor%3D%22%23ffffff%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B%22%3E%20|%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=9ee27000c2f3723b871db6ed606b65c4

Reply #292949 | Report this post

Jr_Sr  
Years ago

And1 have done a fantastic job with the uniform design, strong distinct vivid colours, cleaner and overall a much more affective result. In promoting a sport, i.e. its clubs, branding is integral and a simple more effective uniform makes a substantial difference. For branding simple and distinct designs are always much more effective than something that is busy & complex - compare say the Yankees and pretty much any English Super League Team.

Reply #292958 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I have to agree, the uniforms this year are excellent. I love the fact that the watermarked names is something unique to the Sixers, it's a great way to show support for your club.

Whilst a bit of variation across the uniforms is good, I'm not that disappointed that they all follow the same basic layout. To me it brings a bit of unity to the league at a time when it needs it most. Things are looking good for the NBL so far this year. I hope all our expectations are exceeded!

Reply #292976 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That conformity goes beyond the uniforms too - players are now required to wear NBL socks (all the same colour), visible undergarments (sleeves, skins, etc) of a colour that matches their primary uniform colour, and clear mouthguards only. I imagine dentists across Australia got a few more thousand bucks out of that last directive alone!

Reply #292977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time the league took some idea's from the NBA and take control over the product itself.

Even the after market store..

Reply #293007 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

thedoctor, if I remember rightly, to have your name on the singlet was $100, or $150 if you wanted the singlet as well.

Good idea, and I'm with those who like the new outfit.

BTW, noticed Perth played in red when they visited. Are away teams no longer required to wear white or a light colour if there's no clash with the home team?

Reply #293080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beagle, interesting point and I have been wondering the same thing. They also worse red in NZ tonight and Cairns wore their home orange on the road in townsville the other night. Looks like teams only have to go with their white if theres a clash but not sure if thats definitely the case. I think thats great. Colour v Colour looks a lot better than colour v white

Reply #293127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Perth's white uniform is yet to be delivered by And 1? Probably the same with Cairns?

Reply #293136 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

That's good, I prefer the white.

Reply #293141 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I like the uniform as well. Obviously had to conform to league standards, but much much better than the garish stuff of the past few seasons.

Reply #293151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If your right Isaac, thats pretty crap from AND!, not having all the uniforms ready until part way thru the season

Reply #293260 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

I just wish players would get matching colour ways for their shoes to go with the uniforms.It looks like most players in the NBL hit up Eastbay. Always been a pet peeve when someone wears carolina kicks with something like red uniforms.

Reply #293323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754