billo
Years ago

Interesting NBA games today

A few interesting games played today in the NBA.

Bucks with a comfortable win over the Knicks despite a quiet game from Bogut. Ok, so that's not very interesting.

How about Miami vs Utah? I checked scores at half time when the Heat were up 51-32 and it looked like game over, the Jazz clawed back 6 points in the 3rd before uncorking a 42-29 final quarter to force OT. Heat were up early but the Jazz found a way to get in front, Wade hit a 3 to tie it up with about 20 seconds left but he committed a foul with under a second to go and the Jazz hit both free throws to get the win on the road. Wade finsihed with 39 while LBJ had a triple double of 20,11 and 14. For the Jazz Millsap dominated for 46.

Perhaps the craziest story of the day though was the Pacer's 3rd quarter in which they hit 20/21 from the field on their way to 54 points. They made their first 20 baskets and only missed a perfect quarter with a missed three in the final seconds. They went 8/9 from beyond the arc.

I've got to say I'm really enjoying the NBA this season, so many subplots to everything.

Topic #24261 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Most points in a quarter
58 by the Buffalo Braves at the Boston Celtics on October 20, 1972 (4th quarter)

Apparently most points in a third quarter is 57.

Reply #295630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Heat/Jazz game is being replayed on One HD tonight at 10:30pm. Make sure you watch the final minute when Paul Millsap goes nuts and hits three consecutive 3's (he had only hit one three his whole career before today) and the game tying bucket to put the game into OT and the Jazz go on to win without Deron Williams in the OT as he fouled out in regulation.

One of the craziest comebacks & finishes to an NBA game I've seen in years.

Next up for the Heat are the Celtics on Friday also on One HD :)

Reply #295631 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

The Jazz/Heat game was one of the most remarkable games I have seen, well worth catching the replay.

Reply #295632 | Report this post

dingo  
Years ago

nbl is more enjoyable to follow.

Reply #295716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754