Shotclock
Years ago

Sydney Kings ONEHD PROTEST

In an attempt to influence Google searches and web hits I have created this post online, for Channel ONEHD and their MONOPOLY for Sydney Kings GAMES......... please post a protest:|
I ,and all the people posting underneath are sick of the telecasts of Mostly the Sydney Kings and want more games from the current TOP FOUR teams.The Sydney Kings are bottom of the ladder and being a viewer of ONEHD NBL we deserve better.TYVM

PS:dont just read this and move on, please add a post or a comment(no flaming)

Topic #24562 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Watching Sydney is the most exciting and probably doesn't do the sport justice, as they are the worst team in the comp.
But I think people should just be grateful/appreciative of the fact that basketball is on free to air.

Reply #300554 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

*isn't

Reply #300555 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

They are obviously trying to promote the game so you just have to put up with it. At least they are showing so many games these days and on free to air.

Reply #300557 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I agree with Shotclock, frustrating as a Breakers fan to miss tough road games like the Hawks game last night just to watch Sydney clock up another loss. Was happy to finally see Mitch Creek play tho.

Reply #300558 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

i watch as many as i can and i cant remember the last time i saw gold coast, or cairns? maybe i missed one or 2 of their games but ild hate to be one of their fans, wait forever for a chance to see them.

it is super awesome to have it back on free to air.

the decision to go to paytv nearly cost us the game in australia imo.

Reply #300569 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

i watch as many as i can and i cant remember the last time i saw gold coast, or cairns? maybe i missed one or 2 of their games but ild hate to be one of their fans, wait forever for a chance to see them.

it is super awesome to have it back on free to air.

the decision to go to paytv nearly cost us the game in australia imo.

Reply #300570 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I'm a kings fan and I'm sick of seeing them, especially cos they're not that good.

Reply #300573 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I love watching Sydney get beat.

I want them to start knocking on some other teams doors to give the 36ers a better chance at scrapping into the top four.

After last nights game, how long till they remove those two idiots on the sidelines and replace them with real coaches?

Reply #300574 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

This seems silly, ppl who didnt go to the game wouldnt have been able to see the Sixers last night, so maybe not the best game to protest about lol.

Sadly TV is driven by ratings and Sydney has the biggest population, so they will always get alot of coverage. Doubt we can change that, Im just happy its on FTA and i dont have to pay FOX for their overpriced crappy service

Reply #300575 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Robilliard is the worst coach in the league by a long shot... He doesn't offer them much at all during the time outs. Basically the same thing you tell a team of juniors, communication on defense and run the lanes.

Reply #300576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHO CARES !!! , At least we have Basketball on TV. its better than nothing so stop your whining and get a life !!

Reply #300578 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Goorg will be rubbing his hands together. This Kings outfit is terrible & Goorg will do a Dragon like - bottom 2 top in 12 months. Keep Kazoo get 2 quality imports. Retire Knight - he can hardly move & is embarassing himself. Magden seems workable but the rest is SEABL at best. Who knows what the future holds?

As for the kings ruling the airways - i've already started this thread!

Reply #300579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm reading and not caring

Reply #300587 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Martin is a decent backup PG, but yes way too much sydney games on ONE HD. I would rather be watching sydney than nothing as in previous years so not complaining too much.

Reply #300600 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Bit harsh on Knight, orbit. I think he's done pretty well in his first few games back from a serious injury. His D was great last night.

Reply #300602 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

NBL games are FREE TO AIR, dont whinge about this game and that. The whole 'market size' has been gone over, just accept it, and be happy there are close to 3 games a week on.

Reply #300603 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Half of me is screaming "Yay NBL is back on FTA and that's great for basketball in this country" while the selfish half is saying "this is bullshit, the coverage is pathetic and I'm sick of the Kings. Bring back Fox". If only ONE weren't so bad at broadcasting basketball...

Reply #300605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robilliard is the biggest mistake Turner made. If they were going to go with a budget squad they needed a quality coach to ensure they were at least competitive. Instead they went for a guy with ZERO head coaching experience at ANY level.

It's just embarrassing - his substitution patterns are awful, his offence predictable, and he has no idea about how to make adjustments in-game. He's a figurehead, nothing more, and its an absolute disgrace for Sydney fans.

Reply #300607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #300609 | Report this post

GKcats  
Years ago

Hi guyz im new 1, im just intrested in what ppl have say? I love the nbl & love watching it now fta. Im a beloved Wkildcats supporter for 20yrs now so its been a while.

Reply #300611 | Report this post

You  
Years ago

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/500m-entertainment-spruce-up-for-darling-harbour-20101218-1914p.html

Reply #300638 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Not so bad in NZ as we get all the Breakers home games live, def missing out on some awesome games though by saturating the league coverage with the cellar dweller Kings. They are improving as are the Blaze but there are so many more exciting to watch teams that have far better match ups that would be far more benificial to promoting basketball and the Nbl. OneHd need to have a bit of flexibility in their progrmming schedule to allow for games of interest. Great for basketball to be back on free to air tv in Australia but don't let that be an excuse to half ass it.

Reply #300655 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would like to see other teams too, but not hugely fussed - have seen a lot of Hawks games, Breakers a few times, Perth, Cairns, etc. Just happy to get the games on FTA and quite like the Friday and Sunday schedule (usually out on Saturday).

Reply #300689 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

They could at least put the kings in the same uniforms. Do they have two different designs or is it just my eyes.

Reply #300693 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Hey Anonymous #578 _Tech Foul for not reading and flaming me!!

Yeah I just wanna see how the other Teams are playing and some of their setups and watch the PG/imports.Man I cant fly interstate just to see a 36ers game.Its as bad as Collingwood on Friday nights,JEEz.
We all know the benefits of variety..........in BBall?

Reply #300709 | Report this post

Please... How many Kings games were you subjected to in the early going of the season?

Just to refresh the memories of those with a lack of recollection, count how many Kings games are on this list of ONE HD televised games from 15 Oct - 25 Nov.

Fri 15 Oct 2010 Melbourne V Sydney 2000
Sun 17 Oct 2010 Adelaide V Perth 1700
Wed 20 Oct 2010 New Zealand V Perth 1730
Fri 22 Oct 2010 Wollongong V Townsville 2000
Sun 24 Oct 2010 Melbourne V Perth 1905
Thurs 28 Oct 2010 New Zealand V Melbourne 1730
Fri 29 Oct 2010 Gold Coast V Cairns 2000
Sun 31 Oct 2010 Adelaide V Wollongong 1700
Fri 5 Nov 2010 Townsville V Perth 2000
Sun 7 Nov 2010 Melbourne V Wollongong 1800
Fri 12 Nov 2010 Adelaide V New Zealand 2000
Sun 14 Nov 2010 Wollongong V Melbourne 1900
Fri 19 Nov 2010 New Zealand V Wollongong 1730
Fri 19 Nov 2010 Melbourne V Perth 2000
Sun 21 Nov 2010 Gold Coast V Melbourne 1800
Thu 25 2010 New Zealand V Gold Coast 5:30 PM

That's right, a total of *one*.

Sure, there have been a few on TV lately, but it's hardly an injustice given how few there were early on. How else do you expect them to promote the sport in Sydney. Cut the Sydney-bashing, it's so 2004 and makes people from other Aussie cities look small-minded and petty.

Reply #300729 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

mookie (great Pearl Jam name btw), great site A Stern Warning...keep it up!

Reply #300752 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

I actually think we get to see too many Melbourne games as well

Reply #300799 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Cut the Sydney-bashing, it's so 2004 and makes people from other Aussie cities look small-minded and petty."

LOL its so 2004 bahaha that comment alone makes me not care what you say! I think you will find most ppl on here have actually said they are happys in on FTA and arent bashing sydney, they are having a go at ONE HD's telecasts. ONE should have put a more even spread so that the Kings had some coverage all through the season, not the huge amount right now for one small period.

Reply #300849 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more. Too many Sydney games. It really is a joke.

Having said that, when someone gives me lemons.....

Reply #301063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754