schoolies
Years ago

2005 School Knockout

So seeing school has started for quite some time now and most schools have started trials and trainings the big question is..

Who will be the key teams this for 2005 for KO??

Topic #2471 | Report this topic

Some other guy  
Years ago

Unley will have a strong team as always

Reply #27715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top 4 girls --> cabra, unley, immanuel, mt gambier (usually do well)?

guys --> cabra, unley, PAC, ....?

Reply #27718 | Report this post

Truth  
Years ago

The real question is who will win the Basketball festival, knockout is shit these days the festival is where the best teams are!

Reply #27721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look out for immanuel

Reply #27724 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

.0dnt leave out trinty they got a gun team n coach this time

Reply #27728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Michaels in the boys will take it out for sure!

Reply #27732 | Report this post

the A-team  
Years ago

St micheals aint got no game iv seen the team n their all long haired panzies

Reply #27733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HA HA HA HA whatever you recon 'the A-team' you have no idea mate!

Reply #27734 | Report this post

the A-team  
Years ago

ur a clown buddy u aint got no chance its on

Reply #27735 | Report this post

the A-team  
Years ago

we will win every game you just wait u got no game and we got all the game

Reply #27738 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Like anonymous said a few comments back, immanuel are one to look out for this year. The guys team is the strongest line up they have had in a long time/ possibly the best. The team is disgustingly tall with enormous talent. Majority of the team has div 1 expertise up their belt and only a couple of the players are below 6'3.

St mics i have been told are not as strong as the last few years teams but i would not rule them out just yet. Two names in this team that could push them far.

Unley was one of the best teams with out a doubt in yr 10 (2 years ago) which means they are probably just as good now! thats if they still have the same players. A nice ball handler will be joining the team from yr 11 aswell which will add to their success.

Black frias or however u say it, the year 12 team last year was brutal! only problem was they were all year 12, leaving this years open team with not alot to choose from. My guess is that the team is alot smaller this year and more shooters.

Pembroke have some determined players still left from last year however they have lost some big names. Should be up their as a contendor aswell

St peters and PAC, i have not heard any names so how about somebody from the school give us some insight

i really hate the fact that we cant use names on here otherwise writing up the rosters would be a good idea.

Reply #27764 | Report this post

some other guy  
Years ago

Lets just say what other teams have a 6 foot 5 player who can knock threes and plays outside. Unley all the way

Reply #27767 | Report this post

tennis anyone ?  
Years ago

no one has mentioned st aloysius - they won every grade in the girls at the BASA festival last year.

they will struggle now in open grade - lost 4 good players (finished school, 1 transferred to another school) - may not even field an open team ?

but years 8,9 and 10 looking good - full div 1/2 district team line up in all grades

Reply #27769 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

lol st mics... hes probly 6'7 aswell.

How many district players unley got?
The old saying though a star team beats a team of stars.

Lets just have some insight though ppl!#!$!%!#@

Reply #27770 | Report this post

tennis anyone ?  
Years ago

has anyone got any dates yet ??

Reply #27771 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

no dates yet.. id say most the teams are yet to even start training.

Another school that have some alright players this year is henley.. Been told the line up is reasonably strong.

Just a matter of how these teams gel

Reply #27774 | Report this post

tennis anyone  
Years ago

st aloysius had 4 ABL players and 1 reserves player in their senior team - 3 of those have left / graduate.

still not bad - 2 year 10 ABL players
2 others (1 abl, 1 reserves - graduated)

plenty more coming through in the younger years

Reply #27810 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

all players from unley are district.

and why cant we use names???

Reply #27811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cabra will be good in most ages i think..

not really sure how the two open teams will go... theyve both lost a few players (move/graduated)

the 8,9,10 girls looking very strong and the same with the boys...

theyre still up there

Reply #27813 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

statue, you could list rosters. The issue with naming players is more about having nutcases running around talking themselves up (which is boring) or younger players being affected by people criticising their ability.

Naming rosters OK. Talking about general strengths and weaknesses of each team, also OK. Talking up or down individuals, please avoid. This keeps various coaches a fraction less stressed, and means they pester me a little less too.

Reply #27816 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

statue of liberty, i played A's for pac and last yr pac had only 3 yr 11's in their open A/B squad and a yr 10 team that lost by 60 points a game every week. 2 returnin open A's both starters last yr...the rest of the team i have no idea.

One thing to remember is that the team with the most talented players will not always win....i went to pac and im just stating the facts here but we made the semis of knockout so came 3rd or 4th in the state wit only 2 div 1 players on the team, and only lost pasadena by 4. school pride and everyone wanting the same thing goes along way and can sumtimes upset individual talent. im not sayin this to talk up pac coz personally i dnt think we will do well this yr but its sumthin to keep in mind.

for all the talented teams remember that u have to take every game seriously no matter who ur playin if u wanna play and do well in knockout......or a team like pac last yr cud cause a few upsets.

Reply #27828 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

from memory pac, black friars and pembroke were very yr 12 heavy last yr so will prob not b as strong this yr

teams like cabra, unley, immanuel, st michs are retainin alot of players this yr, am i correct? so they will prob b the strongger teams.

dnt kno neone who plays for saints, didnt recognise ne of their team except ash ng wen we played em in intercol but from the looks of things their team didnt seem very strong and prob wnt b this yr

Reply #27833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

m dizzle is on the ball

Reply #27834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac,

Does that mean we can hold out hope for a return from RJ and his/her State Champs previews. Still the best thread I've seen on this or the old forum. That preview was all anyone was talking about last year and increased the interest level in all grades from Under 12's to Under 20's.

Reply #27840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG they were awesome!

Reply #27843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a school most people havn't heard of, Norwood Morialta, will have fairly good team, 5 div 1 players in under 18's and two div 2 players

Reply #27847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmmm... yeah but for what group? we played them last year and beat them by 40 odd points...

Reply #27848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the div 1 players play for norwood and the div 2 players play for north. is that was your asking?

Reply #27849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is way too early to specuakte who is going to win KO this year... No one knew about Blackfriars until the KO finals and they wiped every team off the court.

Let's hope thats there will be no more smaheless self adoring school ball 'superstars' talking themselves up again like last year. Does anyone remember that lhgwuir bloke lol...

Reply #27852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what teams have current ABL players in the team at the moment?

Reply #27891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think it is too hard to predict a winner this early. a few years ago pasadena would have been favourites beofre it all started and they got knocked out in the group stage by cabra and unley. i think norwood and pedare will be up there but apart from that im not sure. i think with the different finals qualifying structure in place for the first time this year it may change things too

Reply #27959 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Yeh i have heard of morialta which players from u18 div 1s go there? I know all the players in div 1 so ill know who you are referring to.

CBC will also be good, mix of norwood, southern and woodville there.

Reply #27971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

am i aloud to say which players go to morialta? oh well, its ben, owen,luke and the two zacs, and from north its daniel and mark. u said u know who they all are so i didnt say last names

Reply #28005 | Report this post

Some other guy  
Years ago

Unley will wipe every team off the court

Reply #28008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hah pfft.. nah i dont think so

Reply #28010 | Report this post

Years ago

unley, cabra, pembroke are the best teams. However i no there is a few past and present district players coaching a few school teams.

thats should make things interesting as well. They cant really do much things on court, however the tactics they use will be interesting to watch

Reply #28016 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

cheers anonymous for the names... didn't know fisher went to that school (well im assuming one of two is him)

Hopefully i get to see them play this year seems damn strong

Reply #28021 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

will CBC do anything in the knockout???

Reply #28027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares bout them tall immanuel kids, watch out for that little red head guard. wat a gun, man that kid is tank.

Reply #28029 | Report this post

Westminster are ganna be unstoppable im telling ya - Its only a 1 man team but this kid has talent!

Mad handles, upside down dunks you name it this kid can do it. Im talking about MJ! Watchout all you other schools, this competition is already over.

Reply #28031 | Report this post

Dont forget extremely tanned anonymous

Reply #28032 | Report this post

MJ i know you read this, tell everybody how many board taps you got in the warm ups against immanuel last year

talk down your opposition >:(

Reply #28035 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

most awesome source - i think you will find that history tells a different story. Some of the best school ballers, even teams with two or three state players have not made final four. KO is really about having the best team, and i can tell you now, one kid cannot carry a team through the tournament.

Reply #28041 | Report this post

'lockie'  
Years ago

but this is MJ!

Reply #28042 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

how does everyone think pasadena will go this year?? have they lost ne due to graduating.. or is it just joe?

Reply #28043 | Report this post

Mj  
Years ago

they have lost joe but they have gained Sam Hemmings

Reply #28044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what club do u play for MJ?

Reply #28045 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

ya all lucky that lefevre aint there or ya would all be running to hide after the spankin we would give ya thats for sure!!

Reply #28151 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

take luck is willing to pimp his skills to the highest bidders any takers i open the bid at 10 cents

Reply #28152 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

ay take luck, how do u figure that you would spank everyone. Wasn't it Le Fevere that lost to wirrianda last year, the most struggling team in the comp.

Reply #28153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasnt the wirreanda open team alright last year?!?

Reply #28156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

take luck, what did u eva do to help that team?? rory, zac, jay dominated thats y! rory's step bro ben what hav done more then u in all the games!

Reply #28157 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

you would hope they would be able to beat everyone being a year older..

Reply #28161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about some of the non-basketball schools. NMHS fairs pretty well & Pedare won yr 10 last year they are both full of div 1 & 2 players, so worth a look if they compete this year

Reply #28164 | Report this post

Did you want MJ's mobile number instead

Reply #28178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hah nah.. its okay.

Reply #28180 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

thats the point, they would have dominated

Reply #28185 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

any one else left in the team take luck?

Reply #28190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are some of these basketball schools you talk about?

Reply #28238 | Report this post

hit  
Years ago

GIRLS: unley will be the henderson sho while cabra will be the francis show while immanuel will be the langford show.

Reply #28283 | Report this post

elope  
Years ago

i agree, cayle francis and chloe henderson will dominate!

Reply #28284 | Report this post

locho  
Years ago

when is k/o? henderson's injured and out for about 5 weeks.

Reply #28286 | Report this post

skipp  
Years ago

Anyone even started training yet?

Reply #28689 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

our boys have had trials and trainings, and i think so has cabra but im not 100% sure

Reply #28692 | Report this post

doc  
Years ago

who are you schoolies

Reply #28773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahah omg doc are u lost? thats tara robinson.. champion unley/fville baller!

Reply #28799 | Report this post

cletus  
Years ago

are cardign any good? I think it's them with a couple of solid southern boys (one who plays ABL). correct me if I'm thinking of the wrong school. But if I'm right, they will make the top 8 i reckon. Faith would also have to be another team that will give the KO a mighty shake.

Reply #28825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cardign have steve csono + michael florence that i know of... there alright, but not sure on the rest of the team

Reply #28838 | Report this post

fisher  
Years ago

im pretty sure phil brown goes to cardign, if they won't be too bad at all

Reply #28847 | Report this post

skipp  
Years ago

this years knockout belongs to immanuel ;)

Reply #28877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ARE YOU LOST???? UNLEY ALL THE WAY!! immanuel guys r goin down!

Reply #29119 | Report this post

PASA  
Years ago

SAM HEMMINGS TIGERS 18 DV 1
SOREN GEMO STURT 18 DV 1
SHANE GILL TIGERS 20 DV 1
AARON RICE WILLIAM STURT 18 DV 1
AARON FORSYTHE TIGERS 18 DV 1
NO 1 IS GONNA COMEPETE WITH THAT
GOODLUCK

Reply #29165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not to mention Richard Hill is the coach, just in case you didnt know hes the coach of current ABL champs. oh yea Mia Newley might be playing for them so i have heard. oh yea they beat the Mavs 18s by about 30 with their bench team (the bench is matt grace and mikele kuhar, both awesome div 2 players, hahahahaaha) Rumour is Joe might be making a special guest appaearance

Reply #29166 | Report this post

Immanuel  
Years ago

J Wernham u18 div 1 Forestville
A Szeckly u18 div 1 West
B English u18 div 1 West
S Sapio u18 div 1 Forestville
A sf@afkl u18 div 2 Sturt
L Walton u18 div 2 Woodville
M Hamlyn u18 div 2 Woodville
T Crowley u18 div 2 West

2 Guards in the team with the rest of them over 6'3 as well as 3 of the players with SASI experience, thats a pretty tight team

Reply #29197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt S. Sapio in u18 div 2 for forestville?

not saying that immanuel have a bad side... but it takes more than that to win.
why havent there been any previous immanuel appearances in the boys finals or anything?

Reply #29225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Gill is back at skool... Good work Shano, and top stuff mia newley, u will spank most of the guys in the comp if you play with the boys. i doubt joey will return though???

Reply #29254 | Report this post

indalecio  
Years ago

What about Aberfoyle Park ???

Reply #29259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

er no

Reply #29261 | Report this post

I go to unley  
Years ago

Man u guys sure like talking up ur teams, but how many of u are in the starting 5 or the team for that matter?

you can all talk, but the thing is can u ball and that will be decied when u play, so all this talk can end up making u look like idiots.

Reply #29264 | Report this post

is that it?  
Years ago

haha cna u all ball yo wats up G best beat would have to be passa after watching their game on thursday they had better organisation than mavs with only playing together for about 3 weeks that being their first game nice effort boys and bad luck on that knee mikele but loved the 15 points u ranked up for a bench catcha

Reply #29265 | Report this post

Immanuel  
Years ago

in reply to you annonymous Immanuel has always been a terrible school for bball, apart from 2 years ago where they won the open B grade. This year half the team is year 11's and a new asset to the team being J Wernham who is looking like a chance for the state team this year also. Good luck to him. The immanuel team this year is not perfect like you said, i dont think there is such a team but if this group does play well 'together' hopefully they have some success.

And my apologies i was confirmed that sapio is now in div 2, must of been a recent move.

Do you play for a school anonymous? If so let us know.

I go to unley - im new to this forum i have been told about the whole knockout teams etc and i wanted to have a look at what the teams have to offer. Its no real secret in who is in the team, being all NBA teams know each others rosters. We just want to have a look at some of the times and see how we rank.

I have not talked up the immanuel team at all, i stated who was in the team and where they rank and about them. I was replying to the PASA persons statement, THAT is talking up. Mine was showing our roster.

St mics i have been told are a lot stronger then most schools thought aswell. Big chris, Stef Hoffman, D Pascoe, J russo should be another strong team.

Most the players know each other over district so we should know who everyone plays for

Reply #29266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

st micks hav stef hoffman, chris mol, jason ruso, dave pasco, nikki martin a few extra's. they'll put up a challenge

Reply #29284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah.. i play for cabra...
not haven a go at you, just wondering is all..

Reply #29301 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

naa man i didnt take it you were having a go at me i totally understood ya.

Just wondering if you wanted to give us some info on your team ;)

Reply #29324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hah sure thing...

kate jarrad, rebecca lock, kara hargreaves, rachelle benson, cayla francis, laura berg, kate alexander, bronte hewitt, possibly some more young guns too...

Reply #29335 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

yeah, I dont think ingles could make a guest appearance for pasadena seeing as he goes to a different school now..... in a different state. Kinda makes it hard

Reply #29342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats right jimmy

Reply #29343 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

so are the girls actually allowed to play in the boys team in the boys comp?

Reply #29345 | Report this post

Years ago

I don't think they can for Knockout.

Reply #29433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

girls arent allowed to play in the finals i think

Reply #29436 | Report this post

pasa boy  
Years ago

good question but. Should they be allowed to play? I for one would like to see them included. Anything to raise the level of basketball is a good thing isn't it? They are students of the school too, if they're willing to play in a boys comp then wouldn't it make the basketball schools better if girls were allowed to play?

Reply #29452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, but they have their own competition... what would be the point of having BOYS and GIRLS competitions???
i agree it would raise the standard, but it would screw everything up...

Reply #29532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is mixed KO hockey

Reply #29566 | Report this post

UNLEYCHIK  
Years ago

ohhhh mixted hockey...ohh ok..i kinda think ther is a slight difference between Basketball and Hockey??lol

Reply #29580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well some schools are predominately boys schools and cannot get enough numbers for a girls team so these girls have to play in the boys open team!

Reply #29597 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

only reason i asked if some of the girls i know dont have a good enough team to be in the girls comp, so the nect best thing is to play in with the boys..

Reply #29681 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

like anonymous has said.. lol

Reply #29682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clearly the females comp is weaker than guys, so why not let girls play with the boys, if thy wana put themselves on the line, and if u dont want them in u must be scared ur gona get schooled by some chik, lol. and for the comment made by IS THAT IT? obviously you are mikele as no one else would have given you props, not to mention no one was watching that game lol. Pasadena and Unley are easily the 2 favs for knockout for the guys because they have the experience in knockout finals, they know what it takes to get the job done. this will be shown this year when hopefully Unley face Pasadena in a knockout grandfinal (which im sure Pasadena will win :D)

Reply #29772 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

My prediction is neither side will make the final 4.

Reply #29783 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

pasadena has no where near the chance they had last yr without joe (as the old saying goes no joe, no team.) sam hemmings is the most overated player in u18's and shane gill i heard is nothing but a nutcase.

Reply #29919 | Report this post

scrubber  
Years ago

i didnt think that the immanuel girls team was that good? surley not top 4 material, but i havent really heard whos in the team or anethign... just a question

Reply #29937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well theyve been in the last two grandfinals for open girls knockout agaisnt cabra... Immanuel won it in 2003 i believe, and cabra in 2004.
theyve got some fairly strong players... emma langford and jess mcphail are theyre strongest players by far!
although... i dont think theyve got the team to make it to the grand this year...

Reply #29997 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Theres not any Norwood or Southern guys at CBC anymore. They either graduated or left. Theres still some Woodville guys though, and some other good players. The team that made the Yr 10 Knockout Final 4 in 2003 is changed now, but some of the players still remain. I don't know if the coach will even enter them in knockouts though. It will probably depend on their regular season results.

Reply #30055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Immanuel will be hot this year with a solid team and coach Castle and Kevin Brooks coaching. St micks will be good obviously because of molitor but a one man team cant always get it done...do they have chicks playing for them?!- no teams will compete with these teams. Correct- pasadena is nothing without J Ingles they will get raped.

Reply #30156 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

'Raped' is a bit harsh isn't it? But without Joe Ingles they will definately not be as good. I'm suprised they haven't got anybody else who is up to Joe's standard considering that Pasadena has the whole 'basketball focus school' thing going there, or is that just to lure good players to the school or something?

Reply #30199 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

CBC Open A team should be finalised within the next week or so. A few district guys in there, but no Div 1 players. Have been training since Term 4 last year, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything.....lol

Reply #30308 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

OPEN Top 3 Teams

GIRLS
Possibly: Unley, Cabra,Mt Gambier

( I mean yes, Cabra have Cayla but they have lost Abby Bishop who held the team together better)

BOYS
Possibly: Unley, Cabra, Pasadena?

( Unley have recruited this year with having Bryce Whittaker and Peter Creswell both tall fellas) (Cabra also have tallies this year)

Reply #30329 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

any chance u attend unley?

Reply #30484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes he does attend unley
Bryce an't that good

Reply #30689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bryce = ballrash

Reply #30706 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

'Unley have "recruited" this year with having Bryce Whittaker and Peter Creswell both tall fellas) (Cabra also have tallies this year'

Recruited? making it seem a bit serious there.
These guys play district? what level

Reply #31234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After reading this entire thread, im appalled at the amount of trash thats been said. There are alot of good teams in knockout and i dont see the point in saying who will 'Definatley Win' because no one is a definate.
It doesnt matter who plays for what school or how tall that school players are, its going to comew down to the teams that comes to win on the day and plays the hardest will end up in the final four.

Reply #31277 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

st michael's will definately win

Reply #31288 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Pedare college will be the surprie unit this year they have six u18 div 1 players and three of them have played state. THey have a good chance of winning. I have played against them and they can shoot threes

Reply #31705 | Report this post

westies  
Years ago

i cant beleive no one has said anything about westminster, they are gonna win it so easy i tell ya, they have a big guy who doesnt play district but hes still better then any other tall guy at any other school, plus they have mj and mc chris, three massive inside presences which no team will be able to contain, saints are crap, pac is also crap, pembroke had one player last year, that max dude, apart from him the are retards, blackfriars are nothing now cause they lost all their superstars, game of the round this weekend is westminster versus unley this weekend. westminster will win easy. u watch

Reply #32879 | Report this post

Matty  
Years ago

I was under the impression that Peter Cresswell finished yr 12 last yr, he's kinda in my f'ville training squad.

And when someone above talks about Finals experience, Cabra has the best KO finals record of the state, which is kinda embarrasing for any other school.

Go have a look at the shields, cabra's name is most common among them all, and if it showed runners up in it too, cabras name is all over that section too.

For the record, girls can play in a boys saturday morning comp, but are not allowed to play KO or festival games with boys.

bballer said cabra has tallies? I couldnt consider them to be that tall. They are good, but not centers, just forwards.

Reply #33041 | Report this post

Matty  
Years ago

A knockout team does not have to have state players to win, Cabra's 9/10 team from 2001 is living proof of that, they went all the way, without any state players.

Reply #33042 | Report this post

Jo Jo  
Years ago

Westies- think you better eat your words!! Unley destroyed westminster this morning by 30 and they were in cruise mode the whole time!!

Reply #33045 | Report this post

Lachie  
Years ago

Westies - Mj is awesome ill agree with that hes still my idol/bitch heck we will probly make babies, but we played with 5 players last year (our weakest 5 [2 year 10s who i might add are awesome now]) We had not ONE yr 12 and beat them PLUS they had their better players from yr 12 in their line up. Something tells me they wont win knockout, maybe second!

Reply #33047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CBC beat Scotch by about 25 this morning. Alright for a team without any Div 1 players.

Reply #33066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont get your hopes up buddy. Scotch are terrible!

Reply #33265 | Report this post

its all here  
Years ago

Millicent team will surely be a team to watch. They have Shannon Seebohm and Ferg Hamilton and Matty Wright- three awesome state players! Zach doige and Sam Thomson are district players who will also play. They r now a bball focus school so they r bound ot hav some other kids who can play. Millicent will be the team to watch i reckon- they may just go all the way- u heard it first right here!

Reply #33285 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Same with the girls- millicent will probably be okay. They will have ashley (from forestville), brooke jones and rhianna (from sturt). These girls all made state country. Add in a very good point guard with kate butler (no idea if she is still playing or not)and a another girl who played for forestville once upon a time who was okay(sorry don't know her name) and that is an exceptional starting five.

People are forgetting bout them cos they r country- be careful- they might sneak up on us metro ppl and steal a title (or two)?!?!

Reply #33294 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

its all here - that millicent team has some of the best players in the state, but where is their height?
shannon Guard
Fergus Guard
Zach Guard
Sam Small Forward
Matty Wright Power Guard.

They will get killed on the boards, and dont forget a champion team will always beat a team of champions!

Reply #33412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets get this soughted out once and for all. unley have the best team without a doubt, they have the depth, but they always seem to struggle. i would say they lack the 'physicalness'. Pasadena are the 2nd best, they are big and athletic. they have some of the best players in state and they can all play multiple positions (starting 5). should be interesting to see what happens in the tournament thing coming up with Pasadena and Unley in the same pool. should be a good look at what is gona happen this knockout season. by the way hasnt Pasadena been underdogs past 3 years? and seem to put a pretty good fight by beating some of the 'dream' teams.

Reply #33867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who does tennison woods and cadijan have? Pasadena must have easiest pool ever. they only have those 2 and alberfoyle. should be funny stuff.

Reply #33868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous - the other country girl is courtney dickenson .... but ashleigh doesnt play for millicent she plays for tenison woods does she not?

Reply #33881 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Anoynmous #33867... i dont think the 2003 pasadena side would have been underdogs. with newley and ingles both suiting up, i think they may have been the dream team you are talking about.

Reply #33883 | Report this post

corrections  
Years ago

yeah u r right- ashley goes to tenison. So does sam thomson so he won't be playing for the boys. Kate butler goes to tenison as well. Sorry 'its all here' and anonymous #33294 - i believe ur theories are wrong! Maybe millicent wont be that good.

Reply #33921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jimmy - your dreaming. Newley is now 20 yrs old, three years out of school. No way he could be eligible as much as pasadena would love to have him.

Reply #33923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

going back a few years pasadena had bedson, newley, ingles, john smith and danyle pearce as their starters and didnt make the finals

Reply #34027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that was only thanks to a certain 'high profile' coach who got fired because they lost to cabra, who funny enough also employed that coach.

Reply #34163 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

J.Will anyone.

i think you'll find that year 2002 had a number of schools with majority div 1 players who were able to play good team basketball.

St Michaels, Cabra, PAC, Saints, Sacred Heart.

Its been said before and it will be said again a champion team will beat a team of champions.

Reply #34169 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

anonymous #33923, yes i am aware of the fact brad does not go to school anymore. i was simply saying how talented their 2003 side was.

Reply #34518 | Report this post

Willy Goat  
Years ago

Hemmings made State! Over-rated??? not likely!

I've heard rumours from a good source that Ingles will play for Pasa. Hemmings, Gill, Ingles, and others i don't recall... fair squad!

Cardjin have Phil Brown, Mike Florence... Will be interesting to see how far they go.

Reply #34523 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Far out!!! Ingles isn't allowed to play for pasadena. He does not go to that school, therefore can not play for them. Do you realise that he most probably had to choose a different school once he went to canberra. sooo dumb

Reply #34665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Cardjin have Phil Brown, Mike Florence... Will be interesting to see how far they go.'

Nowhere.

and jimmy... perfectly said :)

Reply #34680 | Report this post

number 50  
Years ago

who does pedare have in their team

Reply #34684 | Report this post

fish  
Years ago

Aaron and josh from norwood and brad goodchild from woodville go there, thats all i know.

Reply #34692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Faith aren't putting a team in the competition this year. Can anyone back this up? If it's true I think that's real dumb cos they could have gone all the way with JK and Hoffy

Reply #34789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cayla Francis will dominate if she is allowed to play, her chances are slim. (Mod: Rest removed. Don't snipe.)

Reply #34893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pedare have scott he is hell cool he will get 25 points a game 14 bords

Reply #34933 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

i may be slow on this, but why are her chances slim

Reply #35041 | Report this post

plz explain  
Years ago

Don't all millicent kids go to millicent high??? How do sam and kate go to tenison- that is in mount gambier- i dont understand.

Reply #35067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think that mixed teams would be good and lots of fun it would give a lot of experience to girls and maybe even help their skills to rise
Q: WHY DONT WE HAVE MIXED TEAMS?

Reply #35122 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what is the smithfield plains girls like? ive heard there crap but xavier are playing them tomoro

Reply #35265 | Report this post

PlAiN GaL  
Years ago

goooooooo unley! yeah! woo! yeeha!

Reply #35609 | Report this post

PlAiN GaL  
Years ago

i used to play open girls for cabra last year and i saw sum games this morning and the standard is so bad now im gone. come on girls dont u remeber how i taught u to do good block and shoots!!

Reply #35735 | Report this post

Skool Balla  
Years ago

How many teams have started their campaign for knockout, seems like we started (and finished) early. I dont go to a skool with any big names and showed with us probably beein first skool bein bailed out of Open boys knockout.

Reply #35750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you lose one game are u automatically out of the finals?

Reply #35899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it depends what grade you are in. in grade A you generally play round robin but the other grades if you lose you are out.

Reply #35976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our team is playing in a round robin, but we have lost one, and prob wont lose another, does that mean we are knocked out or what?

Reply #36119 | Report this post

yeah cool  
Years ago

mt gambier is only like 30 minutes or something away from millicent so thats how they go to school there. kate goes to millicent but ashleigh and sam go to tenison woods. tenison woods also have a girl who is awesome but stopped playing basketball to focus on netball or something like that, with her and ashleigh plus there other 3 starters who played in the 9/10 team last year they should go pretty well

Reply #37667 | Report this post

sammifier  
Years ago

yeah that chick use to play for sturt who doesnt do as much now from tenison woods. her name i cant remember but yeah they would be looking pretty good. i've also heard they are taking a squad to play in america so im guessing they wouldve had plenty of training year round girls and guys

Reply #37668 | Report this post

Kao or Chao watts(its pronounced K O) - apparently she was awesome but a little bit slack.

Millicents girls would be better than tenison wouldn't they??? Having two girls (vehlow and brooke) just played in a classics grand final and kate- can't remember her. Tenison would only have gallio since Kao is playing netball now.

Who is better- tenison or millicent?

Reply #37735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Millicent wont have Rhianna she's moving to immanuel next week making immanuel girls even stronger- MCPHAIL, LANGFORD, VERLOW, COCKSHELL- all state players as well as some strong div 2's and ex players

Reply #38105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I played PEDARE RECENTLY AND they are a good team. I had stopped their big(BRAD) guy scoreless for most of the game. BUT their team has so much depth that they have a lot of scoring options.

Reply #38131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah immanuel have an awesome lineup this yr.. girls and guys

Reply #38287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pfft they lost to westminster
they arent that good. :P

Reply #38366 | Report this post

proud lion  
Years ago

Does the Heights play in the knockout? If they do are they any good?

Reply #38458 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Who is in the Open Unley girls team????

Reply #38563 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Tara Robinson
Chloe Henderson
Hannah Wardil
Stacey Everinadis
Megan Kermond
Hannah Robinson
Harriet Robertson
Mel Smith
Jordan Cowan
Charlotte Viner
Alana Hoinker
Steph Crocker

Some of these are only in the squad..

Reply #39149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that the same harriet chik that liked alex buck (aka bucky, bucksey). haha.

Reply #39360 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Haha clearly out of line. But someone tell me all about it!! jokes

Reply #40100 | Report this post

na khao still plays for tenison i rekon..wel tension always beat them in knokout dats y there team is always at the finals incase u haven noticed...ashleigh cud just play by herself and still kill everyone!

Reply #40219 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

doubt it!

Reply #40223 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

isn't tara robinson too old to play? does she still go to school?

Reply #41057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shes doin year 12 this year...

Reply #41324 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Haha, Indeed i'll be there... wait all year to play! Would'nt miss it for the world!

If only i would do year 13 aswell, haha

Reply #41628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats 1 thing i would like to know i mean there are some girls out their willing to put their bodies on the line and play in a mixed team WHY CANT WE HAVE MIXED TEAM... has it ever been done before

Reply #43667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no one even thought to mention faith from barossa making the finals, everyone has adelaide teams to win the grand, but looky here... faith and trinity in the gf! what a shock!

Reply #47659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah why didnt anyone think of them, they have two of the best players in the state!

Reply #47701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754