MVP
Years ago

NBA Points (Griffin)

Blake Griffin just went for 47 points 14 rebs
Please name a better first year rookie in the last 10 years.
Also is 47 the highest individual score this season??

Topic #24776 | Report this topic

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Brandon Jennings scored 55 in his rookie season...it was really early too

Reply #304382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Previous season high was 46 by Monta Ellis. 33rd double-double (in 40 games) for Griffin.

Reply #304385 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I know they normally dont look too favourably on guys in teams with losing records but Griffin has to be an All Star this year. Even with the depth at PF in the West he has to get in before some of the other names being thrown around (Odom, Millsap etc).

Reply #304389 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

i make sure i watch Clippers game on NBA league pass now, Griffin is on another level the moves an touch he has is insane. ABSOLUTE FREAK!!!!

Reply #304390 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Article on NBA.com said that if Anthony gets moved before the All Star break, his votes move with him to the East.

And due to technicalities, NBA coaches get to nominate the starting forward in his place as the majority vote holder. Essentially if Anthony moves on, Griffin has a slim chance of starting in the West just based on Coaches votes.

Honestly doubt he would get a start, but he sure as hell will be an All-Star reserve.

That begs the question if he makes it, then how many years it has been since a Rookie made an AllStar game?

Infact if he makes it, how many Rookies have made the Slam Dunk Contest, Rookie Sophmore game AND all star game all in the same weekend?

Reply #304396 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

27th consecutive double double as well!

Reply #304399 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Perhaps the most amazing part is that he only took 24 shots (and made 19).

Reply #304412 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

he is awesome and i love watching clippers games now

Reply #304486 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Kevin Love is a worthy candidate as well... I have a feeling one of them will get hosed - though they both deserve to be there.

The whole losing team thing pales into insignificance when you look at how ridiculous both of these guys numbers are.

For example: Love is averaging over 15 Rebs, 20 points, top 10 3pt%, and a top 20 FT%... The guy is a just too difficult to guard with that type of game - and it's not like opp. coaches have not been trying to shut him down.

Of course i'd prefer Lover there - but if Griffin makes it i'll deal with it...

http://on.nba.com/fm6dlH

Reply #304497 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

That'd be LOVE not Lover...

Reply #304498 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And these guys would deserve some praise for being one of the few strong players on weak teams - more shots for them, but also more defensive attention.

Reply #304499 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

And if these guys were so advantaged by being on weak teams - why has nobody else put up numbers like that in the past EVER... I mean Kevin Love (if he keeps this up) will have had one of the most spectacularly unique single season statistics in NBA history...

Why has no-one else (in 60+ years) on a weak team done this??? Clearly he is a special player (Griffin also).

Reply #304502 | Report this post

curios  
Years ago

far out johnny sack, get a room......maybe you did mean lover!!!!

Reply #304520 | Report this post

JA  
Years ago

derick rose made the all star game is rookie year.

Reply #304547 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

Derrick Rose made the All-Star game in his rookie year LOL Go and check mate, he certainly did not. Not even LeBron James made the All-Star in his rookie season.

Reply #304565 | Report this post

Hornet31  
Years ago

Losing record means nothing for All Star games cause its the fans voting, which is why Yao and Bynum are leading the West for the C.

Griff Griff should make it as an all star but wont be a starter. I have a feeling Stern will make him be selected as a coaches option to get more interest in the game.

Reply #304568 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754