Isaac
Years ago

NBL names Round 16 Player of the Week

Khazzouh after splitting the round 1-1 against bottom four teams:

Khazzouh had 29 points, nine rebounds and one block to dominate the Tigers, also shooting at 61% from the field (including 2-of-3 three-pointers) and nailing 5-of-6 free throws (83%).

The 209cm centre then backed up with 19 points, four rebounds and one block for the Kings as they came within a single basket of defeating the Gold Coast Blaze on the road on Sunday, 94-91. He made 7-of-13 shots from the field and was a perfect 4-of-4 from the line.
Schenscher was runner-up with 20 and 7 in a home win. Loughton also rated with 18 and 7.5 over a 1-1 round.
Others who were considered for the weekly award included Jacob Holmes (Adelaide), Stephen Weigh (Perth), Ronald Dorsey (Cairns), James Harvey (Gold Coast), Tyson Demos (Wollongong), Tim Coenraad (Wollongong), Ira Clark (Gold Coast), Thomas Abercrombie (New Zealand), Andre Brown (Perth), Gary Wilkinson (New Zealand) and Corey Williams (Melbourne).

Topic #24871 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

I demand an investigation into why Kirk Penney was not POTW :(

Reply #306625 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'm sure Julian Khazzouh wins Player of the Week is an Anogram for "Kirk Penney wins award".

Reply #306635 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Phew thanks Big Marty, started to think the world as I know it was almost over

Reply #306678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754