';'
Years ago

Norwood Easter Carnival

i know it is a while away but interested to see what interest from interstate teams this year who intend to come over.

Topic #24937 | Report this topic

good question  
Years ago

Interesting question as i think {could be wrong} that there is an Andrew Gaze comp on in Melbourne same weekend which will keep all the good teams home.
Also {putting my neck on the chopping board again} is it my imagination or have Norwood put the nomination fee up quite a bit this year?

Reply #307684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't we hear about a Gaze/Timms easter tournament every year? Then it gets cancelled due to lack of numbers?

Same old story

Reply #307687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

440 bucks per team is a bit harsh

Reply #307689 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agree - they might price themselves out of a tournament, especially considering it is during the school holidays and anzac day.

Reply #307690 | Report this post

i think it is an ok price - always been a good tourney.
$440 for 9 or 10 players is right for 4-6 games over the weekend.

hope NZ or Alice teams attend again.

Reply #307691 | Report this post

i think because it is a longer weekend - it will attract more interest.

school holidays is a good time to travel - many interstate teams i have spoken with over the years come over to catch up with family here as well.

if any vic champ div teams go in timms / gaze - they may send their metro 1 teams over and most of those would be equal to half of our div 1 teams or better.

ever thought that the appeal for teams external to sa would be the chance to travel to one of the few decent tournies outside victoria ?

i am also hoping that the sa country regional teams use it to feel the water before the state championships.

for example - limestone coast , iron triangle rep teams could quite well be div 1 level

Reply #307695 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

No Gaze/Timms Tourny in 2011

Expect a fair few Vic VC teams to come over

Reply #307730 | Report this post

cool thanks i'm no b

Reply #307731 | Report this post

i'm no baller - we usually get nunawading, hawthorn, melb, waverley, dandy - any chance of bulleen, DV or eltham sending more units over ? what's the word eastside ?

Reply #307732 | Report this post

Go Ducks  
Years ago

I believe SA kids have TI camp Monday - Thursday and then may be expected to play the Easter tournament Friday - Monday.... Then have a week off before heading back to school... Some kids are going to be spent and good luck with parents allowing them to not have a break during the school holidays!!

Reply #307748 | Report this post

only u16s have TI and you still have fhe week after easter to have a school holiday break

Reply #307753 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Don't think any of the top Bulleen teams will go as they are setting their sites on Classic and Nationals, known the 14-1 boys aren't going. Don't think Knox will be attending either.

Reply #307786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Ducks - hope you don't expect your kid to play state then - 8 days in a row!! With no break...he will be "spent".

Reply #307790 | Report this post

thanks laurentis - that is interesting - whilst a lot of bulleen teams have not attended previously knox have been regulars

Reply #307795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope some decent Vic teams come over - always good to play against some different teams.

Reply #307800 | Report this post

usually get some metro 1 and 2 teams over - their best opportunity at an interstate tourney

Reply #307803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no VC teams? think last year i recall a couple of VC teams coming over particularly in u14 boys and girls.

Reply #307809 | Report this post

there will be some vc teams - always is

Reply #307819 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

I doubt DV and Melb U18 VC will come as they should have state commitments
that is a guess
I can def say Waverley 18 vc only

Reply #307830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DV, Melb, W'Bee, Keilor and Knox will have State commitments

Reply #307926 | Report this post

ballboy  
Years ago

disappointing that Norwood expect local clubs to support their tournament whilst not supporting other Club tournaments during the year. Not surprised at the steep price rise in fees. Seems to be Norwood's style.

Reply #307939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

imnoballer,

yet again you show yourself to be out of touch.

NO-ONE will have U18 state commitments, because U18 Nationals is BEFORE Easter!

Reply #308026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To me this tournament is the bottom of the ladder. Why?

1. Timing. It is difficult to get a whole team together for this time at Easter when some members have othe more important family commitments. I don't see the point in using this as a lead-up to other tournaments when often a whole team cannot play together and thereby develop as a team.

2. Cost - This tournament is no longer value for money.

3. Give and take - Norwood should do more to support other tournaments within SA if they expect this tournament to be supported.

4. The ongoing uncertainty of which interstate teams will support the tournament. Why keep playing against each local team all the time?

Reply #308036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with 8036, plus state champs will be 2 or 3 weeks later and then june carnival to melbourne

it all adds up

Reply #308042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8036 I think Norwood know its bottom of the pecking order.

That doesn't mean it isn't a worthwhile tournament.

Standard is much higher then any other tournament in SA.

Reply #308250 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754